Author Topic: Smoke DZA Interview  (Read 120 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Smoke DZA Interview
« on: August 05, 2011, 02:20:15 AM »
http://illuminati2g.com/site/2011/08/05/smoke-dza-interview/

I2G chilled with Smoke DZA for a exclusive interview. We discuss his upcoming album, Rolling Stoned, his favorite smokers tracks and much more so check it out.

Illuminati 2G is here with Smoke DZA, how's it going man?

What's going on?
Not too much. You have your new single entitled On The Corner featuring Bun-B and Big K.R.I.T. tell me a little bit about the single.

Well Big KRIT is family, that is my brother. Bun-B is a legend and someone that I look up to and I am priveledged to have both of them on a record together. It's a dope record with everyone giving their perspective of the corner. Rolling Stoned, August 30th.
That leads perfectly right into my next question. Is there any details that you can give about your upcoming album Rolling Stoned? What are fans in store for once they listen to the album?

Rolling Stoned I really kept the home team and used the producers that I normally rock with on a everyday basis. 183rd, that is my in house producer, he has alot of heat. Omen from EMW, he has done alot and he is another one of my good friends, Cardo, and Big KRIT. 4 producers and features, I have alot of features on there.

To name a few I got Schoolboy Q, Big KRIT, I got some surprises on there that I care not to leak until the tracklisting comes out.
The artwork for the cover is dope. What inspired the cover?

Bob Marley inspired the cover. Of course the name of the album is Rolling Stoned and when people first hear the name Rolling Stoned, they might think I am talking about the magazine. I am just talking about my everyday thing that I do but I imitated the Bob Marley cover from the 1981 issue after his death.
I don't think the cover came out in the states and it was very rare. It really inspired me so I decided to put my own twist on it.
Do you have any scheduled videos to drop from the project?

I shot one video with Creative Control for the song He Has Risen. That is a real strong, dope record and I am shooting On The Corner with Bun and KRIT and that is going down soon. I am going to shoot a bunch of other videos but I don't know what I am gonna shoot yet.
If you could pick 3 of your favorite smokers anthems, what would they be and why?

One would be I Got 5 On It by the Luniz because I remember hearing that record when I was a kid and at first not knowing the significance of it. But looking back on it now, that record always gets me live.

Marley & Me always makes me happy. That is with me, Devin The Dude, Spitta and Asher Roth. Not that it is my record, but that is another record that I want to hear when I get high.

Speaking of that, I Get High by Styles P. That is one of my favorite get high songs.
Do you have any upcoming shows or tour dates?

Album release party is the 29th at SOB's. Going back on the Smoker's Club tour soon, sometime in October. Just look out for Rolling Stoned at Best Buy, FYE, Itunes, wherever they sell cds at. Support good music.
What is your website information?

www.smokedza.com. www.twitter.com/smokedza.
Alright well that is all the questions I have for you. Appreciate you getting down for the interview. Is there any last words or shoutouts that you want to get out there to the people?

Rolling Stoned, August 30th, shout out to the family.

Smoke DZA Reveals 'Rolling Stoned' Tracklist (below)

Wonderful World Of The Kushedgod

He Has Risen

Loudest Batch feat. Den10

On The Corner feat. Bun B & Big K.R.I.T.

Ball Game feat. Kendrick Lamar

We Out

4 Loko feat. ASAP Rocky

Notorious feat. Fiend & Big Sant

Pow Wow feat. Dom Kennedy

Quiet

Overhigh feat. Trademark Da Skydiver & ScHoolboy Q

Personal Party feat. Curren$y

Live Life feat. Marz Lovejoy (ITUNES BONUS)

Production by Big K.R.I.T., Omen, Cardo On The Beat, 183rd, Beats By Ned, V Don, Beat Butcher

sofdark

Re: Smoke DZA Interview
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 12:56:28 PM »
this guy actually got hands on that hi-tek beat T.I. rapped on, shit I wish T.I. version leaks too.

hey hey hey hey smoke weed everyday

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • rip bad news brown!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 06:27:21 PM »
that track with devin is the shit!!!  8)  8)

Lunatic

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 06:28:23 PM »
great interview  8)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com