Author Topic: Film '513' w/ Bishop Lamont, Tom Sizemore, and others Possibly Coming This Year  (Read 54 times)

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"

This project has been in post-production for a while now, as it was filmed back in 2009. According to its imdb, it should be released sometime this year, maybe. I also didn’t see it profiled at the site, so here we go.

Written and directed by Kader Ayd, the cast for 513 includes Bishop Lamont, Taryn Manning, Tom Sizemore, Steven Bauer, Damon Whitaker, Jimmy Jean-Louis and Bokeem Woodbine.

The synopsis for the film reads, “This is the first time an ensemble cast is trusted with improvising for the big screen, adding to the suspense, integrity and raw nature of the film. It is a dramatic story where tensions runs high and the shakes get even higher for two brothers who are trying to use the corruption surrounding them to climb their way to better lives… Like a black hole, this world sucks them in along with the big crooks that keep them down and spirals until no one is in control.”

I don’t know anything else about the project; feel free to chime in if you know something I don’t.

Here’s the trailer below. It looks “intense” and has an interesting score.