Author Topic: Introducing Dego - Great feel-good musicm featuring Kokane, Clyde Carson & More  (Read 101 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

www.dubcnn.com

Let’s face it – the rap game is oversaturated. We know you’re tired of hearing about such-and-such up-and-coming rapper being the next big thing and we feel the same way. As a reputable music blog however, we feel obligated to dig deep and make sure that the few artists that do possess a certain skill and work ethic at least reach your ears, in order to get a chance to grab your attention.

Dego is one of those artists. The Bay Area bred rapper exemplifies the independent grind with the release of his second album "Starship".

Something that strikes you immediately about Dego is the difficulty to put him in a specific category. He declares: ”I’m not hyphy, I’m not gangster and I’m not backpack. People always want to put artists into a box that they can understand. Music isn’t that simple.”

Music is fun. That is apparent in Dego’s music, as he delivers raps with an obvious ease, complimenting the feel-good production and catchy R&B choruses that carry them. He is a man of many influences, growing up in the Bay Area, which has since long been home to a rich and flourishing music scene.

He started off as a producer for Reggaeton and Latin music sensation Catracho, working on his debut album “La Cachietada” in 2006. Taking his first steps in the music industry and learning many valuble lessons, Dego went on to found his own label Camillion Entertainment in 2007 and signed his long time friend and musical partner Barnone, releasing a mixtape with him entitled “Western Promises”.

Shortly thereafter, Dego released his critically acclaimed debut “The Album”, which featured heavyweights such as Too Short and The Jacka, along with singers Allen Anthony and Netta B. Urb magazine described “The Album” and Dego’s production as “refreshingly crisp”, while Murder Dog refers to Dego as “one of the best new artists heard in awhile”

Not resting on his laurels, Dego and his label Camillion Entertainment continue to push the boundaries with his new release “Starship”, which is available in stores and on all digital retailers now. The album features Kokane, Clyde Carson, Silk-E, Lee Fields, Allen Anthony, Viveca Hawkins, Barnone, and Ras Digital.

We want you to check out Dego's video to his lead single “I Gotta Thang”, which was filmed in Panama and has been receiving great feedback online. The song features Allen Anthony:

Dego - I Gotta Thang (ft. Allen Anthony) (Video)

Here goes another joint off the album featuring Kokane. Kokane and Dego will be in Las Vegas in two weeks shooting some visuals as well, so look out for that:

Dego - Good Gurl (ft. Kokane) (Audio)

If you like what you hear, cop the "Starship" album on iTunes, and hit up CamFamEnt.com or Facebook.com/DegoMusic.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

Let’s face it – the rap game is oversaturated. We know you’re tired of hearing about such-and-such up-and-coming rapper being the next big thing and we feel the same way. As a reputable music blog however, we feel obligated to dig deep and make sure that the few artists that do possess a certain skill and work ethic at least reach your ears, in order to get a chance to grab your attention.
--------------------

^
yes, Nima.
and i also remember that u posted a horrible troll-song called "beat the pussy up" or somthin
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 05:36:56 PM by Michael Madsen »

Will_B

No disrespect to Dego, the tracks ok overall....but DAMN Kokane just kills this.

His games locked tight lately!

soopadoopaflykid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Iguess
beats bang n im feelin what the guy is doin

Will_B

Yeah after a few plays last night, it's a tite track.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Thanks, keep it coming!