Author Topic: Some more new beats by me!!  (Read 200 times)

On The Edge of Insanity

Some more new beats by me!!
« on: January 14, 2003, 12:03:11 PM »
Here are three more snippits of beats I am working on at the moment in one file. The first one is some old school shit, and the second two are more west coast styled beats. Peep them and drop some feedback please.

http://www.dorringtons.freeserve.co.uk/morebeats.rm

Cheers

On The Edge of Insanity

Re:Some more new beats by me!!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2003, 10:38:28 AM »
Come on, somebody must have checked these beats out. Feedback please!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2003, 10:58:52 AM »
Yo...that last beat was dope as fuck...Best I've heard from u...The others were aiight...I think u have too many switch ups in your beats though...If u got some equipment u could be real good...Just learn how to layer them correctly, and where too switch up melodies etc...PeACe

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2003, 11:32:51 AM »
Cheers Sccit. I'm starting to go more towards the west coast flavoured beats nowadays. Can u drop some more detailed analysis of the first beat prehaps, cause I actually see it as one as my best beats but not many other people seem to be feeling it that much, what is it about it that doesn't appeal to people?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2003, 03:26:50 PM »
About the first beat...

Well...I wouldnt say it was whack, but it's not dope...The voice-samples are tight, and that old school snare is pretty coo...But the kick doesn't even sound like a kick...At least if ure gunna use that kick, back it up with a real kick...The metal sound u used for the melody is kind of annoying and it gets repetitive...The Flute u used sounds too fake...The "Salt Shaker" sound u used is dope...Gives it the old school feel...Basically u just gotta use some better sounds and mix it a lil better...Its aiight...Definently not ure best though...PeACe

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2003, 12:02:14 PM »
Thanks Sccit, I am certainly gonna change that kick cause I listened to the beat properly for the first time in ages yesterday and I had forgotten that I used that kick.

Strategic_1

• Lil Geezy
  • Death before dishonor - 2pac
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2003, 07:52:58 PM »
Based on what I read, not heard, update the beat cuz, and then post the updated beat up so I can peep it. I won't listen to the first one until after I hear your updated version of it. Coo'?

One,
V
I got a good heart, but this heart can get ugly. - Dmx