Author Topic: Game - The R.E.D. Album [Official Discussion Thread]  (Read 10204 times)

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Game - The R.E.D. Album [Official Discussion Thread]
« Reply #255 on: August 21, 2011, 09:57:07 AM »
enough with "your ideal" tracklists!

Unfortunately when you have a guy leak 3-4 mixtapes that exceed his studio album, it's gonna happen. If/when Hangover leaks I'm probably gonna make my own version of RED
I think most of the tracks have leaked untagged. I know Violin did cant remember the others tho.

sav

« Reply #256 on: August 21, 2011, 10:03:41 AM »
"Hello" and "All the way gone" are straight garbage but "Mama knows" is a cool song, to me.

doublee313

« Reply #257 on: August 21, 2011, 11:23:08 AM »
I tried to listen to the album a few times, and it's way overhyped by the game.  I took about 2 songs off RED, and a handful from the mixtapes to make my own album.  I'm not sure what The Game and Jimmy were thinking on this one.  L.A.X and his prior albums are way better.  I think he had more control of this release and it shows.  No Scott Storch, way to much Mars.  The game is rapping like Lil Wayne and Kayne in most songs.

The City is a hit.  After that it just gets messy with Lil Wayne and all that.

Blood$

« Reply #258 on: August 21, 2011, 11:53:28 AM »
1. "Dr. Dre Intro" - N/A
2. "The City" (feat. Kendrick Lamar) - 4.5/5 5/5
3. "Drug Test" (feat. Dr. Dre & Snoop Dogg) - 4/5
4. "Martians Vs. Goblins" (feat. Tyler The Creator & Lil Wayne) - 4/5
5. "Red Nation" (feat. Lil Wayne) - 3.5/5
6. "Dr. Dre Pt. 1" - N/A
7. "Good Girls Gone Bad" (feat. Drake) - 3.5/5
8. "Ricky" - 4/5 5/5
9. "The Good, The Bad, The Ugly" - 4/5
10. "Heavy Artillery" (feat. Rick Ross & Beanie Sigel) - 4/5
11. "Paramedics" (feat. Young Jeezy) - 3.5/5
12. "Speakers on Blast" (feat. E-40 & Big Boi) - 3.5/5 - 4/5
13. "Hello" (feat. Lloyd) - 2.5/5 2/5
14. "All the Way Gone" (feat. Mario & Wale) - 3/5 2.5/5
15. "Pot of Gold" (feat. Chris Brown) - 4/5
16. "Dr. Dre Pt.2" - N/A
17. "All I Know" (feat. Luu Breeze) - 4/5 3.5/5
18. "Born in the Trap" - 4.5/5
19. "Mama Knows" (feat. Nelly Furtado) - 4.5/5 4/5
20. "California Dream" - 4/5
21. "Dr. Dre Outro" - N/A

after giving this a few more spins I had to adjust some of my ratings... still buying this on Tuesday or later during the week  8)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #259 on: August 21, 2011, 12:17:23 PM »
1. "Dr. Dre Intro" - N/A
6. "Dr. Dre Pt. 1" - N/A
8. "Ricky" - 4/5 5/5
16. "Dr. Dre Pt.2" - N/A

after giving this a few more spins I had to adjust some of my ratings... still buying this on Tuesday or later during the week  8)

Co-sign

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #260 on: August 21, 2011, 02:50:42 PM »

very respectable ratings, the album is way better than LAX. It's really not close.

1. "Dr. Dre Intro" - N/A
6. "Dr. Dre Pt. 1" - N/A
8. "Ricky" - 4/5 5/5
16. "Dr. Dre Pt.2" - N/A

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #261 on: August 21, 2011, 03:02:21 PM »
Really don't understand why some people like Speakers on Blast. It's got the most generic attempt at a southern beat possible with that godawful and played out "hey" clap everywhere.
i like it.

why do you like Pot of gold? i thought you hated I need a doctor: similar sound

??? Two songs having a singer on the hook doesn't make them similar. Neither the sound nor the content is similar.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #262 on: August 21, 2011, 03:04:37 PM »
lol are you guys just making ideal tracklists for fun on this site or are you actually going in and grouping songs off his mixtapes into the R.E.D. album. Cause that would be some sad shit if you were.

Matty

« Reply #263 on: August 21, 2011, 08:44:09 PM »
Great album.  Finally a west coast album with top notch production. All those independent albums that came out this year (WC, Jay rock, dj quik, kendrick, etc) sounded like ass.  Like they were recorded in someone's garage.  Being on a major does have it's advantages.  2,4,7,11,12,17,18 are the best songs.

:loco: more like on a spaceship. sonically quik's album creams anything since his last or maybe relapse.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #264 on: August 22, 2011, 01:06:27 AM »
Really don't understand why some people like Speakers on Blast. It's got the most generic attempt at a southern beat possible with that godawful and played out "hey" clap everywhere.
i like it.

why do you like Pot of gold? i thought you hated I need a doctor: similar sound

??? Two songs having a singer on the hook doesn't make them similar. Neither the sound nor the content is similar.
the sound is similar to me, hence i was asking

chtimixeur

« Reply #265 on: August 22, 2011, 01:44:18 AM »
I always liked his ear for beats and the way he could create a complete album that sounded good. On DA and Documentary I'd never skip a song [...]. Game can do muchhhhhh better.
Exactly.
That's what I used to love about The Game : even though he had nothing to rap about, he had a GREAT ear for beats. His songs sounded good and were always tight instrumentally.
It's a shame he doesn't have the same quality standards anymore.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #266 on: August 22, 2011, 02:39:51 AM »
them features look like a weak album (drake, wayne, chris brown- cant stand all 3 of them)... but i will give it a shot

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #267 on: August 22, 2011, 06:53:02 AM »
Ricky the BEST song I've heard from Game in many years

anyone deny Game after releasing a track like that can go fuck themselves
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #268 on: August 22, 2011, 10:05:11 AM »
there are opinions outside of this forum. Some website gave it 5 stars. Now here's hip hop dx's review
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/album-reviews/id.1743/title.game-the-red-album

4/5 (4.41) from the fans on the site

Many perceive Jayceon Taylor to be the loose cannon of Hip Hop, and they might be right. Equal parts of passion and madness, the trajectory of Game's career has included serving as the mouthpiece for G-Unit, being the mouthpiece against G-Unit, and preserving Dr. Dre's often doubted post-Detox legacy. Game’s first three albums possessed different attributes of the West Coast emcee’s personality. The R.E.D. Album is an amalgam of all three, where Game’s penchant for punchy, honest verses proves he has several more miles of music before bowing out.

The album runs a little long in length (almost an hour and a half), with all but four songs having at least one feature. Dr. Dre’s commentary is dispersed throughout, with four short segues detailing Game’s three-plus decades of life.

“The City” opens, where Game speaks candidly about his past label situations (“I was stressed the fuck out, torn between Aftermath, Geffen, Interscope…”) while hinting at future ones (“Either I’m crazy or / The Black Slim Shady or / could that be the reason that Baby said he would pay me more?”). Kendrick Lamar provides a near-spoken word hook before blacking out at the end with what sounds like a pledge of allegiance to Game. While any other rap vet opposite Kendrick would pose a balance of teacher and student, Game’s insatiable hunger on the mic makes it sound like a two-student operation.

The radio-friendly “Drug Test”  with Dre, Snoop and Sly oozes mainstream West Coast, but is overshadowed by the double Lil Wayne follow-ups “Martians Vs. Goblins”  and “Red Nation” . Weezy provides only the hooks to both, which may be not enough for some, but plenty to others. The shit-talking on “Martians Vs. Goblins” has no limit, with Game suggesting he had sex with Erykah Badu on the set of “Window Seat” (which he calls “that nekkid video shoot”) with lines like “I was suckin’ on that pussy like it was Wonton soup.” OFWGKTA’s Tyler, the Creator chimes in on the track, sending a subtle shot to Chris Brown (“Now my future’s brighter than Christopher’s new haircut”). He even nudges Game with, “And that shit was expected like Jayceon whenever he name drops,” to which Game interjects, “Fuck you, Tyler.”

At times on R.E.D. Game switches the sound of his voice, like on his solo track “The Good, The Bad, The Ugly” where he sounds like a gruff Dr. Dre mixed with Biggie. Could it be a personality switch or just a change in tone? Who knows. Other tracks where Game rides dolo include “Ricky,” an ode to Morris Chestnut’s fallen character in Boyz N the Hood. The song begins with an audio clip of the Hood’s fateful scene, but as Game’s voice enters about a minute in, he shoots, “Blood of a slave, heart of a giant / Had to leave Aftermath, Dre said I was too defiant.” The direction of the song is a little confusing, but serves as a podium for Game’s unquestionable honesty.

Features from Rick Ross on “Heavy Artillery” (with Beanie Sigel) and Young Jeezy on “Paramedics” both showcase the rappers spitting like they want a record deal, perhaps to compete with Game’s aforementioned hunger. The exception to that formula is Wale, who on “All the Way Gone” with Mario, chucks the deuces to his old style and glides along in his new MMG-drawl. Nelly Furtado turns soulful on “Mama Knows”, while Chris Brown’s breathy hook on “Pot of Gold”  would arrive only second to Drake singing the hook on “Good Girls Go Bad” …if he actually sang it. Drizzy rhymes on the track as the counter-balance of Game discussing the “good” girls and Drake talking the “bad.”

Considering The R.E.D. Album is close to three years in the making, it should be the tight work that it is. Despite its delay, it’s by no means a swan song, contractually and musically. R.E.D. is a lot of many things, only adding to the anticipation already for Game’s final offering to Interscope.

doublee313

« Reply #269 on: August 22, 2011, 03:35:03 PM »
lol are you guys just making ideal tracklists for fun on this site or are you actually going in and grouping songs off his mixtapes into the R.E.D. album. Cause that would be some sad shit if you were.

The sad shit is the mixtapes had 14+ songs that were better then his album.  The beats are flat and he's trying to rap like Lil Wayne, Nas.  Just a sad album.  Lil Wayne whining on Red Nation is a fucking joke.  Anyone that thinks this is better then his first 3 albums needs to go to the doctor to get their hearing checked (and not Dr. Dre).  You can't spin this album straight through.  Way too much Mars.