Author Topic: Game clogged up the L.A.P.D. emergency line?  (Read 589 times)

Jimmy H.

Game clogged up the L.A.P.D. emergency line?
« on: August 13, 2011, 09:57:27 PM »
Source: music.msn.com

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- The Los Angeles County sheriff's department says The Game incited a telephone flash mob that overwhelmed the emergency phone system.

Capt. Mike Parker tells the Los Angeles Times that the rapper tweeted the number of the Compton station Friday and told his 580,000 followers that if they wanted an internship with him, they should call the number.

Sheriff's Lt. Suzan Young says "the phones started ringing like crazy" around 5:20 p.m. Parker says phone lines were jammed for more than two hours.

The rapper later posted that his account was hacked but also tweeted that it was "an accident."

The Game could face criminal charges. Parker says investigators are planning to forward a criminal complaint to the district attorney's office.

Dikteta Dax

Re: Game clogged up the L.A.P.D. emergency line?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 10:43:13 PM »
Lol smh

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 02:08:32 AM »
what a loser

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 03:06:06 AM »
gotta give game props for his promotion with The R.E.D. Album

thegame Charles Louboutin
Yall can track a tweet down but cant solve murders ! Dat was an accident but maybe now yall can actually do yall job !!!! #iSpeak4ThePeople

props for that tweet

thegame Charles Louboutin
P.S. who killed Biggie & Pac ???

Jimmy H.

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 05:12:02 PM »
Maybe they'll be able to do their jobs when your moron Twitter followers stop clogging up the emergency lines.

Yes, it's always commendable when famous entertainers will risk public safety for a publicity stunt.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 10:52:58 PM by Jimmy H. »

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 05:58:45 AM »
Maybe they'll be able to do their jobs when your moron Twitter followers stop clogging up the emergency lines.

Yes, it's always commendable when famous entertainers will risk public safety for a publicity stunt.

It wasn't the emergency line.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 09:37:37 AM »

that's what the article says. you're saying its false?

what's wrong with you  :loco: you act like it's cool to jam the emergency phone system.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 10:17:49 AM »
Article says "emergency line". And even if it wasn't, what is the point? I'm giving Game the benefit of the doubt because I like to think he's smarter than all this.

The problem I have with this and anyone who would dare support it as "intelligent promotion" is it basically says as long as it makes money or gets attention, it's okay and that's wrong. Whether this is an emergency number or just something else, it stands to do far more damage than anything positive. Nobody really stands to benefit from this except maybe Game and even that's doubtful as the risk of both criminal charges and a fallout amongst all these people who were basically "had" as part of some prank are both potential issues. Again, I want to believe Game is a little more intelligent than this. But him trying to flip it is a little bothersome too. 

A tweet like "Yall can track a tweet down but cant solve murders !" Well, I'm no detective but it should be common sense that one is a hell of a lot easier than the other. Leaving the evidence on a famous rapper's Tweeter page is a pretty big smoking gun. Committing a crime through the World Wide Web doesn't require people to testify in court against someone who has already killed people so there isn't that anxiety or reluctance for people to get involved.

Sikotic™

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 10:19:49 AM »

So does that make it any less retarded in your eyes?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 12:36:37 PM »

what's wrong with you  :loco: you act like it's cool to jam the emergency phone system.

Because i saw when it went down and it wasn't the emergency line. It was just a number to the sheriff's office for people to call who were interested in interning, basically a prank by Game/however. The only reason why he got caught was because they asked some of the callers who the person was that made them call and some of them said his name and that's how they tracked it down.

But i honestly believe it was one of his homies who did it and i think it was Wackstar or somebody like that but if it was him it was childish but def not a thing they should broadcast on every news station like it's a major deal.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 12:39:26 PM by PhunkyDoob »

Sami

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2011, 01:54:44 PM »
It was the Sheriff's hotline, not a number for interns.

And also the Sheriffs are separate from LAPD.

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2011, 02:25:51 PM »
It was the Sheriff's hotline, not a number for interns.

And also the Sheriffs are separate from LAPD.

WTF who said that it was a number for interns? I said it was the number he gave cuz he pranked ppl into calling that number cuz ppl wanted to intern for Game, not knowing it was a number to the sheriff.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2011, 05:53:59 AM »

what's wrong with you  :loco: you act like it's cool to jam the emergency phone system.

Because i saw when it went down and it wasn't the emergency line. It was just a number to the sheriff's office for people to call who were interested in interning, basically a prank by Game/however. The only reason why he got caught was because they asked some of the callers who the person was that made them call and some of them said his name and that's how they tracked it down.

But i honestly believe it was one of his homies who did it and i think it was Wackstar or somebody like that but if it was him it was childish but def not a thing they should broadcast on every news station like it's a major deal.
ok.
still lame & good that he got caught