Author Topic: Kendrick Lamar On Whether He'll Sign To A Major, Compton's Influence  (Read 776 times)

GangstaBoogy

Re: Kendrick Lamar On Whether He'll Sign To A Major, Compton's Influence
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2011, 08:15:54 PM »
Lol @ all these Dre beat haters. Yeah you guys hear a 2 leaked songs (Chillin and My Prescription) that 1. Were NEVER meant to be leaked and 2. May not even be produced by Dre and just automatically assume he's wack now. That "Die Hard" shit sounded dope and the beat from the Chrysler commercial sounded like it could be a gem. I like the dark cinematic shit he's been doing and I'm sure not a rapper/singer in the industry would pass on even his worst leftovers.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2011, 09:01:52 PM »
LOL, you cannot be a legend by not being a popular name. Kendrick Lamar is known by a few guys on the internet.

I guess that's why he has sold-out shows.

That's deceiving. You don't know what the maximum capacity is for those shows.

For example, Joe Budden sells out his shows, but they hold like 3,000 people & I go to them. & I'm just some dude from the internet.

I don't know if you're fighting that Kendrick could end up a legend, but if you look at every legend in the history of legends, something they have in common is that they are highly well know.

Example, Tupac, Eminem, Babe Ruth, Michael Jordan, etc.

Okka

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2011, 04:25:05 AM »
I don't know if you're fighting that Kendrick could end up a legend, but if you look at every legend in the history of legends, something they have in common is that they are highly well know.

Nah, i'm just sayin' that Kendrick got a big buzz and hopefully he will be big. Lyrically he shits on every "New West" artist.

West$ide Boi

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • 'Women, Weed & Weather'
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2011, 09:18:27 AM »
Lol @ all these Dre beat haters. Yeah you guys hear a 2 leaked songs (Chillin and My Prescription) that 1. Were NEVER meant to be leaked and 2. May not even be produced by Dre and just automatically assume he's wack now. That "Die Hard" shit sounded dope and the beat from the Chrysler commercial sounded like it could be a gem. I like the dark cinematic shit he's been doing and I'm sure not a rapper/singer in the industry would pass on even his worst leftovers.
+1
couldn't say it better

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2011, 09:47:32 AM »

It's funny how you say the 2 fully completed songs may not even be produced by Dre, but then pull out 2 promo beats which also may not even be produced by Dre to say he's still got it.

Rickdeeznutz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2011, 06:27:55 PM »
Proud of dude for real! Its been great watching his carrer. From when he was K Dot till now, He has come a long way, and its great watching him turn into this incredible m.c, He got next, dude has to much talent not to blow up.I Support Top Dawg to the fullest, they actully have the best roster than any other camp/crew/label out

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2011, 06:30:30 PM »

Nah, i'm just sayin' that Kendrick got a big buzz and hopefully he will be big. Lyrically he shits on every "New West" artist.

I agree.