Author Topic: Rakim Says He Will Never Cater To Hip Hop Trends, Speaks On "The Seventh Seal"  (Read 818 times)

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
how about "The 7th Seal" was wack as shit and that's that.  i know there's some people that wanna put me in a box and that's cool i don't care but this nigga's shit was wack.  some of yall actually think i don't like Nas (kill yourself).  i'm all 4 being your own man but this nigga's shit was garbage foreal. 

as far as Ra saying he's not following trends he's just politikin' in real life.  that nigga probably doesn't even listen to rap music from today and yesterday like that.  he's probably more 90's and 80's rap music (and plus all that old black folks music) and that's why i kinda tune that shit out when legends like him say this type of shit tbh.  i know where he's coming from though, it's like u can't play James Brown's "Hot Pants" and then turn around and next play Chris Brown's "Look At Me Now", it just doesn't go together so i get it.  But on 1 hand I'm not totally convinced that this nigga actually listen's to the new. 

How come you can't listen to those bacc to bacc? Damn my equal that's close minded like a muthafucca, plus it's one woman beater to another lol, I ain't braille the album tho, but sampling no doubt don't speak? was kinda pop to me, but hey if an artist digs a sample or pop beat by all means fucc with it yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

sofdark

I only liked couple tracks. Bought it so he'll release Oh My God but the album was pretty bad.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Rakim Says He Will Never Cater To Hip Hop Trends, Speaks On "The Seventh Sea
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2011, 12:13:45 PM »
shakin my head @ the nigga who only listens to beats and hooks - its fags like that who r killin rap

Alot of online west coast fans I've found are like that, just throw in that 90's gangsta flow and you got a winner to alot of these equals. Yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Jimmy H.

I found the album to be pretty dope. If you were expecting some Dr. Dre shit like "Oh My God!" then I can see where the dissapointment might hit you but it was a good ass album to me. The production was simple but effective. Not boring.