Author Topic: Anyone catch the MTV VMAs?  (Read 630 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Anyone catch the MTV VMAs?
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2011, 11:06:17 AM »
I'm with UNTOUCHABLE, I grew up in a different era. I haven't watched an award show in years and probably won't for the rest of my life.
I miss the good old days when snoop, jermaine dupri, diddy and bad boy, the entire def jam, aaliyah, lil kim, timbaland, tlc, jay-z and bleek, etc etc etc were the stars of those shows. I'm not watching bruno mars and lady gaga regardless of how good their music is.

That's a pretty close-minded, ignorant statement lol.
Are we seriously getting nostalgic about the bling era wtf............

lol what's funny is when the bling era was big people were shitting on it. Every old era hates the next eras music.

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2011, 11:30:35 AM »
i saw most of it and it was so bad it was funny. the whole lady gaga thing was ridiculous she tried to make a message out of it saying "im born this way", no bitch, you werent born a fuckin man so take that goofy shit off you stank ho. nicki minaj was retarded as usual and lil wayne made me question the younger generation even more than i already did. i liked how the whole am winehouse thing was about "lets celebrate her voice but we all know she sucked as a human" and chris brown lipsynced like a motherfucker. takes me back to the willie d line "i see the videos, i read the magazines, dont watch award shows, too many faggot scenes"

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2011, 11:34:58 AM »
Of course the butt-buddies come holding hands everytime I post lol. Who's getting emotional now?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

V2DHeart

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2011, 11:53:21 AM »
Never watched it, and haven't seen any in years. I've lost interest.

I don't want to see Black Eyed Peas, Lil Wayne, Drake, Flo Rida, Jason Derulo, and the rest of the trashy auto-tuned generation dominate a show like that's the "best" the industry has to offer. Get the fk out of here

When I watched it, like someone else had also pointed out, it was people like Lauren Hill, Aerosmith, Usher, Will Smith, Green Day, Manson, Madonna, Destinys Child, Bad Boy, and others. Most mentioned there I don't even like, but I can respect the fact that they put out 'quality' product respected and time served years down the line so you can see it's not biased. The mainstream music today is just trash, so I don't want to waste a few hours watching videos associated with that trash.

The Beyonce and Jay Z thing seemed like a good highlight though
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2011, 12:45:56 PM »
I'm with UNTOUCHABLE, I grew up in a different era. I haven't watched an award show in years and probably won't for the rest of my life.
I miss the good old days when snoop, jermaine dupri, diddy and bad boy, the entire def jam, aaliyah, lil kim, timbaland, tlc, jay-z and bleek, etc etc etc were the stars of those shows. I'm not watching bruno mars and lady gaga regardless of how good their music is.

Lmao, all u gotta do is look at his screename seriously  ;D  garbage is garbage no matter how u dress it, color it or rehash, its simple. i watched the show gave it a chance & it was garbage witha 1 or 2 exceptions that i named above...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 12:50:53 PM by U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E. »

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2011, 12:52:03 PM »

lol what's funny is when the bling era was big people were shitting on it. Every old era hates the next eras music.

Lmao....REALLY?  ;D

Jay Bananas

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2011, 01:13:09 PM »
Of course I didn't watch the VMA's. I pee standing up thank you.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2011, 02:17:46 PM »
im suprised he didnt come out in the skinny jeans and a wife beater that shit is halarious when u see ppl wear that shit. dudes be lookin like some str8 bitchez
For real.  That's what I don't get... dude is hollering Blood this and Blood that but rocking homo ass shit like that, but all the industry Bloods are still riding with him.  Someone needs to check him... if not for being a phony then at least for being a weirdo.  If Lil Wayne was 18, I'd understand just because that's the trend, but when you are the star (and essentially a trendsetter) and 28 years old (or however old he is) and have any self respect, you wouldn't be dressing like that.
he looked like he is trying to be a rock-n--roll star last night not a rapper.
But he is a rapper and was still rapping yesterday, just over a rock background.  And besides, I don't think rock-n-roll stars wear that kind of shit either, assuming they were born before the 1990s or after the 1960s.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2011, 02:28:53 PM »
Of course I didn't watch the VMA's. I pee standing up thank you.
;D

kemizt

Lunatic

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2011, 02:33:01 PM »
Hip-Hop is a business. Lil Wayne gets away with all that weird shit (co-signs from "gangsta rappers")) because he sells a fuck load of records. It's a plus for any artist career to have a good relationship with Lil Wayne right now. The moment he's not as hot anymore (may be YEARS from now or much sooner, he knows), you'll see all his co-signs disappear minus a few loyal friends.

That Beyonce moment was crazy. Congrats to her and Hova.

Rick Ross should have slapped up that Kreayshawn bitch. She has it coming lol.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2011, 03:12:48 PM »

Gaga's music is never good, so we've settled on that  ;D

kemizt