Author Topic: hook-up of the year (Nas)  (Read 585 times)

Jay Bananas

Re: hook-up of the year (Nas)
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2011, 03:28:20 PM »
Listening to the "Soundtrack to the Streets" bootleg now.  Sounds pretty dope so far.   Don't know how anyone can listen to all these unreleased Nas cuts and not recognize that he's the second greatest rapper ever (next to 2pac).  Most these songs he's doing all his own chorus' and verses.  He doesn't need any guest appearances.  Dude can just take a regular beat and write epics across it     

Stop being so dramatic all the time Brian and think things out. This is why you're a deadbeat father who no one of any worth respects.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2011, 02:31:11 PM »
Don't know how anyone can listen to all these unreleased Nas cuts and not recognize that he's the second greatest rapper ever (next to 2pac).

Nas > Pac

this. all day eyday

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2011, 02:39:28 PM »
Lost Albums Volume 1:  Last Real Nigga:  Quick Review of the Album:

Rating: 4 out of 5 Mics. Nearly equal to Lost Tapes, but not to the level of his better studio albums such as Illmatic, Stillmatic and God's Son.

Standout Cuts:

"The World"- This joint is backed by Kanye's production, and was better than most joints that made the NIGGER album. I have to wonder if maybe it was an issue of sample clearance or something of that nature. Nas tells the story of a romance he had with a married woman, and how it defined him and his values.. "(her son) even looked like me/ except a little darker/ she called him blackee/ cause his skin was jet black/ I don't respect that".

"Amongst Kings"- Epic Nas track right here. I would compare it to, "If Heaven Was a Mile Away" off of the God's Son album. This song evokes the same mood of mysticism.

"Film"- This track subjects the listener to an ethered fog, as Nas raps stories of ups and downs, changes, and coming of age... over whiny guitar chords that put stress on the heart and emotions. "If I could press pause/ or fast forward past the hardness..."

"Second Coming"- This one has Nas given vivid life to everyday ghetto life. Telling stories of life's that would otherwise go un-noticed, but are complex and intricate in their own right. Nas does all this with his signature style that appears to come natural and easy to him.

...those are some of the standout cuts, but nearly every track is listenable and thought-provoking. Nas fans will not be disappointed.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Okka

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2011, 03:23:43 PM »
Lost Albums Volume 1:  Last Real Nigga:  Quick Review of the Album:

Rating: 4 out of 5 Mics. Nearly equal to Lost Tapes, but not to the level of his better studio albums such as Illmatic, Stillmatic and God's Son.

It's a mixtape/compilation put together by some dude though. You really can't compare it to retail albums.

sofdark

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2011, 12:36:57 AM »
I didn't have couple tracks from here. Nice hook up