Author Topic: Eminem nearing 2Pac-sales.. Nellly far behind..  (Read 969 times)

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
Re:Eminem nearing 2Pac-sales.. Nellly far behind..
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2003, 07:45:32 PM »
2Pac - 2Pacalypse Now - 500K
2Pac - Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z. - 1 mill.
2Pac - Me Against the World - 2 mill.
2Pac - All Eyez on Me - 5 mill.
2Pac - The 7 Day Theory - 4 mill.
2Pac - R U Still Down - 4 mill.
2Pac - Greatest hits - 5 mill.
2Pac - Still I Rise - 1 mill.
2Pac - Until the end of time - 2 mill.
2Pac - Betta Dayz - 2 mill.

= 26.5 million copies

Eminem - Slim Shady LP - 4 mill.
Eminem - Marshal Mathers LP - 8 mill.
Eminem - The Eminem Show - 8 mill.

= 20 million copies

Eminem will have sold more copies than 2Pac in one more album and I rounded up for Pac with all his double albums for his total.  (this is just copies, not units)  
Maybe you don't but I think it's amazing Eminem will sell more copies of his albums than 2Pac who has more than twice as many albums.  But Eminem might not catch up to him in plaques.

You have to remember also, of course more people are gonna buy Em's albums, because look at the price difference. Em's albums are between $12-$18, depending on where you go. Pac's double albums are $19-$30....All Eyez On Me is about $25 at most places. Double cd's sell less than single cd's, because they cost so much more. I think Pac selling 5 million copies of a double album is more amazing than Em selling 7 million of a single cd. Thats why double albums count as two, because its like buying two albums in one package. Em might catch Pac as far as the number of people who buy the cd's, but Pac will always reign supreme as far as certifications go. If you count his double albums as two, which you are supposed to do, he's sold about 37 million........thats PHENOMINAL, especially for a rapper. Even the Doors, Bob Marley, Jimi Hendrix didnt sell that much. Sales arent really important, its the music that counts, but it stands as a testament to Pac's legacy.

Pac, by the way, is in the Genius Book Of World Records as the best selling rapper of all time......
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

The Watcher

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2003, 08:23:40 PM »
give Em 2 more albums or so and he'll blow everyone out of the water
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2003, 08:37:22 PM »
give Em 2 more albums or so and he'll blow everyone out of the water

The only problem is, Em said he's only doing one more album......and even if he isnt, the new Pac double cd is gonna come out this fall.....and when it does, you can add on another 3-4 million to his rapidly growing catalog. Pac has this shit on lock.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2003, 08:38:03 PM by hellrazor »

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2003, 08:46:56 PM »
LOL @ Y'all people actin like u knew somethin.. dickrydin pac or eminem lool... Oh Pac got this shit on lock... Em Got that shit on lock... lol yall funny. 2 Pac sells like 3 millions an album now that He's dead and Eminem sells like 8 millions, so MAYBE, IF he keep on sellin 8 millions everytime,  he will be the best sellin rapper ever, or else, it will be Pac..

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2003, 09:01:29 PM »
LOL @ Y'all people actin like u knew somethin.. dickrydin pac or eminem lool... Oh Pac got this shit on lock... Em Got that shit on lock... lol yall funny. 2 Pac sells like 3 millions an album now that He's dead and Eminem sells like 8 millions, so MAYBE, IF he keep on sellin 8 millions everytime,  he will be the best sellin rapper ever, or else, it will be Pac..

If Em kept releasing albums, and Pac's catalog finally ran out, Em would have a chance to pass him up......however, it will be difficult for him to do so if Pac still keeps coming out with albums and selling 3-4 million, even if Em does sell 7 million......

I just calculated the numbers, and Em would need to make FIVE more albums that sold 7 million each in order to catch Pac, if Pac kept releasing albums that sold 3 million each. Right now, Pac sells about 4 million average, Em sells about 7 million average.......If both keep releasing albums, its gonna take Em five albums to catch Pac. And Em HAS to sell 7 million on each album. There is no guarantee he will be able to do that. He has done so the last two albums, but do you really think he can keep up that pace for five more albums?? Something tells me, NO. He is bound to go down at some point. Of course, if Pac's catalog ran out, and Em kept releasing albums that sold 7 million, he would catch him.......but theres no way of telling at this point what is gonna happen. Em said he is only gonna do one more album, and with the new Pac double cd set to come out this fall [which will sell a mininum of 3 million, possibly more], this will mean he wont catch Pac. And keep in mind, it isnt just Pac's new albums that sell. All Eyez On Me, Greatest Hits, MATW, and Makaveli still sell by the bucket loads every day...........all four of those albums are consistantly on the back catalog charts every week.

Jome

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2003, 09:01:32 PM »

Word..
Reading this thread, I get more and more the feeling that Hellrazor would do a suicide-bombing into Bad Boy Recs. if it could bring Pac back from the... mmm.. dead.

One of the more extreme cases I've seen.. Hellrazor is counting 2Pac's Albums, Compilations, Singles, Videos, etc. while only counting Em's solos albums.. ::)
Now I'm not some super-Em fan, but any moron can figure that Em WILL catch 2Pac up, if Eminem releases the same amount of albums 2Pac did..
And with the step into the producer-world & Hollywood, I can't see how Em's sales will go down..
If not Hellrazor shoots him when he's about to exceed Pac's record-sales..  ::)

Doggystylin

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2003, 09:03:58 PM »
BONE BONE BONE NICCAZ!!!!

BUCK BUCK!

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2003, 09:05:09 PM »

Word..
Reading this thread, I get more and more the feeling that Hellrazor would do a suicide-bombing into Bad Boy Recs. if it could bring Pac back from the... mmm.. dead.

One of the more extreme cases I've seen.. Hellrazor is counting 2Pac's Albums, Compilations, Singles, Videos, etc. while only counting Em's solos albums.. ::)
Now I'm not some super-Em fan, but any moron can figure that Em WILL catch 2Pac up, if Eminem releases the same amount of albums 2Pac did..
And with the step into the producer-world & Hollywood, I can't see how Em's sales will go down..
If not Hellrazor shoots him when he's about to exceed Pac's record-sales..  ::)

Im not counting singles, compilatons or videos by Pac...just his albums....where in ANY of my posts did I mention anything about Pac's videos, singles, or compilations?? Nowhere.

If Em stays on the pace he is at, and Pac's catalouge runs out, yes, Em will catch Pac. However, do you really think Em is gonna sell 7 million everytime out forever?? It aint gonna happen. He is bound to slow down. Its inevitable. Pac was just as big as Em is now in 96', and even his average went down eventually.

And I wouldnt shoot Em, cuz #1 im not that type of person, and #2, even if I was, me killing him would only make him sell MORE, lol..........
« Last Edit: January 22, 2003, 09:06:56 PM by hellrazor »

Jome

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2003, 10:54:56 PM »
even if I was, me killing him would only make him sell MORE, lol..........

Now we wouldn't want that to happen now, would we..  :P

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2003, 10:01:11 AM »
I like how someone said count 8 Mile, then we should count Gang Related, Above the Rim, Poetic Justice and Grid'Lock

Anyways, all the double albums that 'Pac has, which only one was during his life, basically put his sales outta reach. More shit too, his next CD will more than likely be a classic, and a must have for all true 'Pac fans, all 3 or 4 million. 'Pac is the only black artist besides Michael Jackson to seel the way he does, and I don't think Em will catch him. I see no way, 7 million a album can't be kept up, and Em isn't in the studio everyday, making movies. He doesn't work nearly as hard as 'Pac. Think about it, 'Pac earned all his sales, not saying Em didn't 'cause I feel all artist worker harder than we can imagion to sell, but 'Pac worked harder than anyone that ever picked up a mic to rap. He was everywhere, and his work is still being shown. Hard to catch a man that planned his way to the top when you are just happy to be there. You know Em doesn't want to step on anyones feet.

dpgc2002

« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2003, 12:07:57 PM »
Damn I didn't know Eminem was that close to Pac in sales...Props to him for that...

Kaidy

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2003, 05:17:19 PM »
Good post Lost Angel, nice to see some people still got love for Pac. It's really surprising to me how much he gets dissed here.

Jome

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2003, 06:31:29 PM »
his next CD will more than likely be a classic, and a must have for all true 'Pac fans, all 3 or 4 million.

LoL, how the hell you know that?
Judging by some of the other releases after his death, it definately won't be a classic at all.

nice to see some people still got love for Pac. It's really surprising to me how much he gets dissed here.

Dissed??
Because everybody doesn't blow his talent & sales totally out of proportion??

S.G.V.

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2003, 06:33:38 PM »
his next CD will more than likely be a classic, and a must have for all true 'Pac fans, all 3 or 4 million.

LoL, how the hell you know that?
Judging by some of the other releases after his death, it definately won't be a classic at all.

nice to see some people still got love for Pac. It's really surprising to me how much he gets dissed here.

Dissed??
i side with u on these jome...and um...pac has more fans on here than anything...only me and MAYBE a few others dislike pac...

Kaidy

« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2003, 06:39:32 PM »
Dissed??

Calm down. I agree some people go a little nuts about Pac, but that just shows you what kind of an impact he made. Why do you have to insult people because they like an artist? A lot of people respect him, and there's no way you're going to change anybody's opinion of him, so if you see peeps saying they love Pac, just let it be.

And how are people blowing his sales out of proportion? he's the highest selling rapper ever, how exactly do you make that sound any better than it is?