Author Topic: How come Artists have a hard time picking the RIGHT singles?  (Read 304 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

How come Artists have a hard time picking the RIGHT singles?
« on: February 13, 2012, 02:38:15 PM »
For example on the "Lock Out" with French and Waka how come they went with "Hell On Earth" verses "Weed and Drinks" or "Top Back"?  How come Daz didn't use "Munchies For Your Love" as the main single instead of just "N My Neighborhood" (it was the right choice for the 3rd single). 

It's like everybody picks the "other" song.  Rick Ross just did a video for "Yella Diamonds" but why did he do that one instead of the anthem "Fuck Em" and the bonus track "Bag Of Money"?  An interlude for "New Bugatti", wassup with that?  It's like niggaz don't be listening to their own shit!  Why didn't Juicy J make a single out of "So Damn Fucked Up" and "Drugged Out"??  These are the questions I gotta ask!

I'm not sayin everybody does this but ALOT of artists do and it be at the wrong moment and it's crazy.  It's a shame Big Krit didn't do nothing with "American Rapstar".  Same with J Cole and "Sideline Story".  Would it have killed Missy to turn "Xstasy" into a single, smh...

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
Re: How come Artists have a hard time picking the RIGHT singles?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 02:41:31 PM »
because they start listening to they crew of yes men who wouldnt honestly tell them if a song they just did was good or not.

we call it the young jeezy syndrome, you lose touch with the streets and your core fan base then just start putting out any and everything to see what sticks hoping ppl still give a shit when the album drops.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 01:38:46 PM »
"TM 103 (The Original)" woulda been better than what came out with the retailed version of the album.  That album had the potential to match or succeed all of Jeezy's retail albums.  Instead, we got what we got and it's in 3rd place IMO.  If you woulda took the best songs from that era is in Jeezy's career it woulda worked out perfectly.  He kinda made his own self a little less relevant.  I'm not saying he's a has been but he fucked his momentum up big time.  Niggaz should learn what not to do by looking at Young Jeezy

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 04:01:53 PM »
totally agreed he was top dog of the south for a short time now hes plies status.

and i dont give a fuck who says what that album was NOT hot. totally carried by guests...the only song i kept of it was the one with jill scott.

i thought i do was so cookie cutter i was like didnt ugk just do this damn song.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 04:40:47 PM »
Jeezy musta been smokin his own crack

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 05:00:42 PM »
you need to step your vidlog game up

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 02:10:58 AM »
TM103 was dope, only Jeezy album I can listen to front to back, though his first album had more standouts. You can't say someone is Plies status when they're going gold with no problems. I'm looking forward to that "The World" album, be dope to hear Jeezy over Daz and Quik beats, and another Warren G track won't hurt, plus him and Gibbs make a dope team.

What did the OG tracklist for 103 look like?

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 11:01:16 AM »
TM103 was dope, only Jeezy album I can listen to front to back, though his first album had more standouts. You can't say someone is Plies status when they're going gold with no problems. I'm looking forward to that "The World" album, be dope to hear Jeezy over Daz and Quik beats, and another Warren G track won't hurt, plus him and Gibbs make a dope team.

so the nigga shipped gold...he hasnt sold it.

those motherfuckers are in def jams warehouse next to crates of jay z roc la familia cds, matter of fact fuck sales....im talking about the quality of his rhymes and music as went so far down the shitter a plunger cant bring that shit back.

yall motherfuckers dont get it...the recession when looked at in retrospect is going to be looked at as a pivitol moment in jeezy career. he had substance on that fucking record he was talking about something on some of them songs, the passion was still in his bars. after that came out he dumbed it back down...how are you gonna show growth then regress like that just to obtain record sales from the teenieboppers....smfh

then he had to start taking shots at ross now who looks like the phoney? you got meech whose dick jeezy sucked in magazines for years just trying to get some street cred with listeners and now big meech is on gucci manes album and ross album...all in all his whole career took a bad look when his manager killed him self right before ressesion came out.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 11:41:50 AM »
Jeezy musta been smokin his own crack

so THATS why Jeezy and Daz Dillinger are hooking up

crack sales, not music sales

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 01:24:34 PM »

I'm talking about his mixtapes.  He shoulda just saved the best for last.  He had the Snoop Dogg syndrome, put all the good shit on the mixtapes but then put all of the mediocre shit on your album.  I don't mind sometimes becuz I don't buy albums like that (I buy some tho) but at the same time it's pretty redundant to do that shit.  At least save half if u know you're having a hard time coming out with GREAT music (good isn't Great)

Matty

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 06:34:53 PM »
i'm guessing because they haven't PM'd Radiotube for consulting purposes already?

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 10:18:12 PM »

I'm talking about his mixtapes.  He shoulda just saved the best for last.  He had the Snoop Dogg syndrome, put all the good shit on the mixtapes but then put all of the mediocre shit on your album.  I don't mind sometimes becuz I don't buy albums like that (I buy some tho) but at the same time it's pretty redundant to do that shit.  At least save half if u know you're having a hard time coming out with GREAT music (good isn't Great)

Yeah there was some really dope music released before the album, "Rough" should have definitely been on there. What tracklist you reckon he should have gone with? Either way Jeezy and Quik should hopefully make some gangster funk together

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2012, 03:11:18 PM »
i'm guessing because they haven't PM'd Radiotube for consulting purposes already?

They should've.  It woulda been all green skies and no tornado or storm

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2012, 03:14:49 PM »

Yeah there was some really dope music released before the album, "Rough" should have definitely been on there. What tracklist you reckon he should have gone with? Either way Jeezy and Quik should hopefully make some gangster funk together

Put it like this, it was enough.  2chainz told us all to go back and let 103 sink in some more so ima do that.  

A duo project with those two is questionable.  We need to hear what direction it's going in first.  I doubt it will come out anyway lol.  I wasn't a huge fan of "I get lifted" either.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 03:16:37 PM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »