Author Topic: No All Caps  (Read 441 times)

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: BAD MEETS EVIL SUCKS!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2011, 02:13:49 AM »
This EP still gets burn, I don't know what people expected as they threw this together pretty quickly. "The Reunion", "Above The Law", "Take From Me", "Loud Noises","Living Proof" and "Echo" are all heaters in my opinion.

this is a valid point BUT its used too often in rap these days

people actually lower the expectations for records now, its a shame.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: No All Caps
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2011, 04:06:51 AM »
There are maybe 3 or 4 bangers that are definitely worth checking out, tracks like "Fast Lane", "Livin Proof".  Actually last night I bumped "Fastlane" like 10 times in a row on repeat when I was on an hour drive.

Of course Royce's prime was back in 99-2001, and Em's prime was from 98-2003... yet still it's one of the better releases we will see all year for today's climate.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 01:30:09 PM by Infinite- African West Coastin' 2010 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2011, 05:04:35 AM »
There are maybe 3 or 4 bangers that are definitely worth checking out, tracks like "Fast Lane" and "Echo".  Actually last night I bumped "Fastlane" like 10 times in a row on repeat when I was on an hour drive.

Of course Royce's prime was back in 99-2001, and Em's prime was from 98-2003... yet still it's one of the better releases we will see all year for today's climate.

royces best period was 07/08 imo. look at the mixtapes and features he did at that time.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2011, 12:05:07 PM »
There are maybe 3 or 4 bangers that are definitely worth checking out, tracks like "Fast Lane" and "Echo".  Actually last night I bumped "Fastlane" like 10 times in a row on repeat when I was on an hour drive.

royces best period was 07/08 imo. look at the mixtapes and features he did at that time.

Which mixtape then?

For me nothing compares to the work he was doing in the 99-2001 era.  Like "Throne Is Mine" may be one of the best unreleased tracks of all time.  "Way I Be Pimpin" is up there as well as one of the best unreleased tracks ever.  Then his work with the origional Bad Meetz Evil group/maxi single is stellar, "I'm The King" and the few tracks he did with Em.  Many more unreleased gems like "King of the Kings", "Money", "The Desert"... and what I believe is his best track of all time "Soldier" which actually came out on Stretch Armstrongs album in 01   
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2011, 12:25:51 AM »
yeah im aware of all that material dude but honestly bar exam 1+2 mixtapes are royce in his prime

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2011, 03:59:25 AM »
Royce seems to be getting better and better, he makes rapping seem so easy which is always a sign of a good mc.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Sccit

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2011, 08:15:43 PM »
LOL@this gayass "No All Caps" rule, which is only enforced by K-Dub..........some1 needs 2 do somethin bout that bs. all message boards allow threads with titles in caps. quit bein such a forum nazi, son. its much whacker 2 read "No All Caps" as a thread title as opposed 2 readin a thread title in all caps. especially when its in caps to convey emotion. fuck that shit.

goRaiders

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2011, 08:37:44 PM »
agreed thats fuckin G-A-Y
Your raps all lazy, Jigga the Black Scorcese
What your album lacks is more Jay-Z

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2011, 03:59:17 AM »
Royce seems to be getting better and better, he makes rapping seem so easy which is always a sign of a good mc.

Word in my opinion he's getting better with every release again. He fell off a bit after Death Is Certain with Independents Day and M.I.C. (although there were still some heaters, buzzin was dope), but when he started doing the Bar Exam series is when he came back into his own, he's a beast