Author Topic: Get Hittman on Detox  (Read 576 times)

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Re: Get Hittman on Detox
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2011, 02:22:17 PM »
I rather see Tyler The Creator on there!

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2011, 11:45:50 PM »
Face it, the only great ghostwriter Dre has had was Em on 2001. Everyone else has written him average lyrics at best, including Hittman. The beats have always carried Dre's songs.

Lucifuge

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2011, 01:38:49 AM »
Why do you guys even remember him? Has he dropped ANYTHING new in the last 5 years? Move on

Doesn't mean he can't write dope verses. 

"I just took some ecstacy. Ain't no telling what the side affects could be"

I'll pass  :-X

He didn't write that song, Drauma/Stocks McGuire did.

what song is yall talkin about?drauma was dope

eminem writes that verse
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2011, 03:51:13 PM »
For me he stole the show on 2001 as the main rapper, and he deserved to get a full solo LP release (a proper one) with label backing and Dre beats off the back of it. But time moves on and its been a decade now. So this shouldn't and won't happen.

Fuck it, I'm not even certain if Detox will happen yet.

Will_B

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2011, 04:56:34 PM »
For me he stole the show on 2001 as the main rapper, and he deserved to get a full solo LP release (a proper one) with label backing and Dre beats off the back of it.

Hittmans album got shelved because his style would 'sound too much like Dres did on 2001' or something?

I guess he got a big payoff behind the scenes for his writing contribution on the Chronic. The royalties for his own verses must be quite a few $$$ anyway...let alone what he wrote for other people.

Stan

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2011, 05:11:00 PM »
For me he stole the show on 2001 as the main rapper, and he deserved to get a full solo LP release (a proper one) with label backing and Dre beats off the back of it.

Hittmans album got shelved because his style would 'sound too much like Dres did on 2001' or something?

I guess he got a big payoff behind the scenes for his writing contribution on the Chronic. The royalties for his own verses must be quite a few $$$ anyway...let alone what he wrote for other people.
I heard that Hitman actually wrote Stll D.R.E. but they just told the public Jay-Z "ghost" wrote it to give Jigga and the song more hype.  What's the point of ghost writing or even calling it ghost writing if you know who did it lol?

Will_B

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2011, 05:16:17 PM »

I heard that Hitman actually wrote Stll D.R.E. but they just told the public Jay-Z "ghost" wrote it to give Jigga and the song more hype.  What's the point of ghost writing or even calling it ghost writing if you know who did it lol?

Drauma aka Richard Vick's name got taken off the credits for 'No Diggity' so Dre wouldn't lose face...despite him being given an award from Universal for it as a writer behind the scenes!!

It turned up on other pressings/places though...for example http://www.discogs.com/Various-ESPN-Presents-Jock-Jams-Volume-3/release/2454174

I guess in the days before the Internet stuff like that wouldn't come out.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 05:20:38 PM by The O.G. Will_B 'Sosi xyu pider' »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2011, 05:52:31 PM »

It got shelved because the label didnt like it.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2011, 06:17:55 PM »

I heard that Hitman actually wrote Stll D.R.E. but they just told the public Jay-Z "ghost" wrote it to give Jigga and the song more hype.  What's the point of ghost writing or even calling it ghost writing if you know who did it lol?

That idea is utterly retarded. Did you really hear that or did you just make that up?