Author Topic: Mobb Deep "Street Lights" (Prod. J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League) [Mastered Version Available]  (Read 637 times)

Blood$

Re: Mobb Deep "Street Lights" (Prod. J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League) [Tags]
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2011, 10:59:40 AM »
and what's all the fuss about Justice League? this track was nice and they sounded good over it... if it was credited to Alchemist or Havoc or Sid Roams I guarantee there would be some different responses here
For real, if this EXACT same track with the EXACT same beat had another producer's name on it, we'd see better responses.

No way man. This sounds like Blood Money bullshit. Listen to that hook! That shit sounds ridiculous.

break down how it's bullshit then... lyrics are good and the flow was on point

EKEK

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Mobb Deep - Street Lights (Produced by J.U.S.T.I.C.E League) [Mastered]
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2011, 11:18:29 AM »
DIRTY: http://hulkshare.com/9hibk1ojrdy6
CLEAN: http://hulkshare.com/6pxzj25jj9jb

1st single off Mobb Deep's upcoming EP 'Black Cocaine'

Produced by J.u.s.t.i.c.e League

@Mobbdeepmusic
Released by: Infamous Records/Sony Red
Release date: Nov 22, 2011

Efrain

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2011, 12:11:47 PM »
and what's all the fuss about Justice League? this track was nice and they sounded good over it... if it was credited to Alchemist or Havoc or Sid Roams I guarantee there would be some different responses here
For real, if this EXACT same track with the EXACT same beat had another producer's name on it, we'd see better responses.

No way man. This sounds like Blood Money bullshit. Listen to that hook! That shit sounds ridiculous.

break down how it's bullshit then... lyrics are good and the flow was on point

1)   The track sounds way polished—nothing grimy about it. That’s not traditional Mobb Deep; that’s that Blood Money bullshit style.
2)   The hook is some sing-song nonsense—50 cent could have written that. That’s not traditional Mobb Deep at all; that’s the Blood Money bullshit style.
3)   Someone else is producing the record who isn’t in-house and it doesn’t even sound like a Mobb Deep record (well, a non-Blood Money Mobb Deep record). Again, it’s a deviation from the way they normally do things and is more akin to the Blood Money Mobb style.  

I’m not a hater here I made infamousminded.com back in '06 and currently have a mix of stuff from “The Safe is Cracked” in my car as we speak. I guess I’m just a purist when it comes to these guys I was raised on Infamous, Hell on Earth and Murda Muzik so hold them to a higher standard. That was back when Prodigy was one of the best (if not the best) rappers in the game and Mobb Deep’s unreleased stuff was more popular that other rappers singles.

I understand times have changed but if Rza can pick up the MPC and bang out 36 Chambers-esq beats 20 years hence I know Havoc could too. I just don't understand why the fuck they're going this route again. Make another album like the MurdaMixtape that's what we need now now not this.

Anyways, my opinion though it's all good if you see it different.       

« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 12:14:57 PM by Efrain »

Blood$

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2011, 12:35:09 PM »
I definitely can see your point of view especially with this sounding "polished" and too clean but there is still no comparison to Blood Money, maybe AmeriKKKa'z Nightmare if anything though... I know you ain't a hater I'm well aware you started that Mobb website

to each his own, but I seriously don't see a big deal with them having one or two "polished" sounding tracks if the rest is traditional grimy Mobb Deep

but I'm just saying if this song still said "Prod. by Alchemist" there wouldn't be any negative responses and yes people do get caught up with names, that's a fact

btw the mastered version just dropped today, maybe it will change some minds: http://hulkshare.com/9hibk1ojrdy6
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 12:39:02 PM by BloodMoney »

Efrain

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2011, 02:02:25 PM »
I definitely can see your point of view especially with this sounding "polished" and too clean but there is still no comparison to Blood Money, maybe AmeriKKKa'z Nightmare if anything though... I know you ain't a hater I'm well aware you started that Mobb website

to each his own, but I seriously don't see a big deal with them having one or two "polished" sounding tracks if the rest is traditional grimy Mobb Deep

but I'm just saying if this song still said "Prod. by Alchemist" there wouldn't be any negative responses and yes people do get caught up with names, that's a fact

btw the mastered version just dropped today, maybe it will change some minds: http://hulkshare.com/9hibk1ojrdy6

I'll give it a few more spins, we'll see. To be honest I wasn't feeling "Dog Shit" either. The production was on point but I couldn't get past that hook. 

Blood$

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2011, 10:13:24 PM »
yeah lol something about having "dog shit" playing over in your brain ain't right sometimes but I really liked that song nonetheless plus didn't Wu have a song of the same title on Forever?

Lucifuge

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2011, 11:01:50 PM »
They cant sound in 2012 like they sounded in 94-95-96 etc. Are you watch red bull academy with the mobb? i guess they start more focused bout making money. and its time. If u are mobb fan u always be a mobb fan. Im big big fan, and im glad to see this two legends idol and shit to starting geting money, but stay true to they style! This is a street record. you cant sounded raw in a couple milion studio, thats bullshit.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2011, 02:16:48 AM »
i like it a lot. not a typical Mobb Deep track but still good one. And i liked the hook too...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 02:18:59 AM by shoo »

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Mobb Deep - Street Lights (Produced by J.U.S.T.I.C.E League) [Mastered]
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2011, 02:43:59 AM »
DIRTY: http://hulkshare.com/9hibk1ojrdy6
CLEAN: http://hulkshare.com/6pxzj25jj9jb

1st single off Mobb Deep's upcoming EP 'Black Cocaine'

Produced by J.u.s.t.i.c.e League

@Mobbdeepmusic
Released by: Infamous Records/Sony Red
Release date: Nov 22, 2011

dope track but lol at the cover. especially P  ;D

Efrain

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2011, 07:26:53 AM »
They cant sound in 2012 like they sounded in 94-95-96 etc. Are you watch red bull academy with the mobb? i guess they start more focused bout making money. and its time. If u are mobb fan u always be a mobb fan. Im big big fan, and im glad to see this two legends idol and shit to starting geting money, but stay true to they style! This is a street record. you cant sounded raw in a couple milion studio, thats bullshit.

But you're presenting it in an "either, or" proposition and that's not the case. It doesn't have to be either extreme; 95 QB or 2006 Blood Money.  Mobb dropped "Love Yall More" last month and it was fire. Same thing with "Must Go Hard" and they both sounded raw. And I already said "Dog Shit" sounded good production wise, just that the hook needed a little more inspiration.

They're probably reaching a little harder on whatever single they're going to use (this) to get some of that crossover to the younger hiphop heads and I understand it. I just feel like the whole crossover+Mobb Deep shit has never really worked, and ends up being a slippery slope where every album they feel they have to go down that road to make it work. I guess I just wished they'd finally go "fuck it" and take it back to basics for an album.

I'm still withholding judgement that was just my reaction to the song when hearing it. The last couple songs had me thinking we they were taking it in a different direction.

Lucifuge

My head is in 2011.. so we have opnions and shit. good music is good music. 8) 8)
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D