Author Topic: weezer - the most unbelievable thing I've seen an artist do  (Read 451 times)

Jome

Re:weezer - the most unbelievable thing I've seen an artist do
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2003, 08:07:18 PM »
Imagine Snoop, Dre & them doing that ish with their fans...  :o
We'd get the 213-reunion, NWA-reunion & maybe a Snoop+Dre-album...  :'(

Doggystylin

Re: weezer - the most unbelievable thing I've seen an artist do
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2005, 11:44:21 PM »
Weezer is cool, Im listenin to their new album right now, not as amazing as their early stuff but its good, not bad. Maybe it'll get better after a few listens, this is just my first impression

DPG4Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re:weezer - the most unbelievable thing I've seen an artist do
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2005, 02:56:06 AM »
that is pretty tite, even though i dont kno who weezer is lol, but i think sum rappers should do that like rappers that r kinda fallin off

and i bet you even own a video by weezer!

its on the win98 CD... theres an avi including the buddy holly video

i liked it very much, even though its not my music....

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2005, 05:17:39 AM »
i think beverly hills is very pop, but i gotta peep the rest of the new album..

Mr.Makaveli

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2005, 11:33:03 AM »
cool shit

Doggystylin

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2005, 10:01:31 PM »
MY BAD, i listened to this album in the car today to school and back and i must say i was mistaken, this album is much more than OK, its amazing, this always happens man, everything sounds better while im driving, not in traffic though, in traffic i wanna choke whoevers singing.

ok back on track, this album is just i dont know but im gonna give it another listen and ill come back for a review later on, im lovin it right now

Trauma-san

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2005, 08:05:49 PM »

It IS very pop, but there's a certain joke with Weezer music.  Buddy Holly is a good example.  The song is very very pop, but it's supposed to be, it's like a comment on how pop music can be good, but nobody makes it good.  It's a comment on how people say "oh it's pop" like you just did, for an excuse of why the song sucks.  In the video, they tipped their hand, they showed them dressing up on the Happy Days set, and showed everybody that it was a joke, and they were kind of making fun of pop music, but at the same time, perfecting it.

The new song is very similar, except Rivers has grown bigger balls by now.  The video is much less straight forward, it's hard to tell it's a joke, basically.  Sit back and think about the lyrics, the way Rivers looks when he sings the song, and the audacity of the video being shot at the Playboy mansion.  The bridge (where Rivers is just talking) is genius. 

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2005, 08:16:12 PM »

It IS very pop, but there's a certain joke with Weezer music.  Buddy Holly is a good example.  The song is very very pop, but it's supposed to be, it's like a comment on how pop music can be good, but nobody makes it good.  It's a comment on how people say "oh it's pop" like you just did, for an excuse of why the song sucks.  In the video, they tipped their hand, they showed them dressing up on the Happy Days set, and showed everybody that it was a joke, and they were kind of making fun of pop music, but at the same time, perfecting it.

The new song is very similar, except Rivers has grown bigger balls by now.  The video is much less straight forward, it's hard to tell it's a joke, basically.  Sit back and think about the lyrics, the way Rivers looks when he sings the song, and the audacity of the video being shot at the Playboy mansion.  The bridge (where Rivers is just talking) is genius. 

The truth is, I dont stand a chance.  its something that you're born into and I just dont belong

I love Make Believe, how about that We Are all On Drugs songto be an example like Beverly Hills and Buddy Holly

Trauma-san

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2005, 08:52:15 PM »
The truth is, I dont stand a chance.  its something that you're born into and I just dont belong

That's so brilliant, because he's saying it, like he means it, and he's sad about it.

In truth, the joke is he's making fun of people who GIVE A SHIT.  Rivers Cuomo would never give a FUCK about whether or not he's from Beverly Hills.  The song is like a comment on a comment.  It's hard to explain, I'm sure yall get it as well as I do, that's the best thing about them, it's unstated, and hard to put your finger on exactly where they're fucking around.  It's 10 times better than sarcasm, because they're saying something with sarcastic intentions, but no sarcasm. 

Sikotic™

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2005, 09:15:33 PM »
I can;t stop playing 'Haunt You Everyday'. Love that shit.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Doggystylin

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2005, 12:48:25 AM »
I can;t stop playing 'Haunt You Everyday'. Love that shit.

thats what im talkin about, that song really gets to me, but then again the whole album does, i love it, btw im too lazy and busy to do a review but I still love the album

Gangstauu

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FC Utrecht 4 Life
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2005, 02:31:45 AM »
Let this be an example for all artist

One day everything is gonna be fine
But until that day my only reply "westside till I die"  -TQ

West Up

Utreg 4 Life