Author Topic: Nipsey Hussle - The Marathon Continues (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1266 times)

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Nipsey Hussle - The Marathon Continues (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2011, 06:15:33 PM »
being a huge nipsey fan, it disapoints me to say that my rating for this after a front to back listen is..its cool...nothing more nothing less...he still spittin, but his beat selection keeps going downhill...

felt real good to hear a nipsey project, and i will always welcome one...but this here is what i believe to be his worst effort yet...actually i dont wanna say worst, makes it seem harsh...more like..the weaker of his projects...

Mietek23

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2011, 04:27:43 AM »
Good mixtape - nothing spectacular on it, but I'll say it's def quality music and it's for free so everyone should check it out :)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3q_P4bSwFDQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/3q_P4bSwFDQ</a>

Best track from "TMC" in my opinion 8)

MistaNova

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2011, 04:35:31 AM »
Took one full listen. Kinda like Marathon, it's got a pretty gray and boring atmosphere. Personally I thought Everything was cool, but the best track IMO is Tha Mansion. Never gets old, Nipsey spits pure heat on that track...

Okka

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2011, 05:32:43 AM »
I'm gonna check this out today. It's a shame Nipsey still hasn't managed to release his album.

The_Offence

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2011, 07:03:11 AM »
Took one full listen. Kinda like Marathon, it's got a pretty gray and boring atmosphere. Personally I thought Everything was cool, but the best track IMO is Tha Mansion. Never gets old, Nipsey spits pure heat on that track...
nip is falling off hard. he lost his hunger after he made a few dollars.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2011, 09:17:06 AM »
jus finishd listenn to this.
crap, disapointed

kuruptlon

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2011, 09:24:35 AM »
In Nip's defense. I don't necessarily think he fell off. Yes this is a departure from his former style, but I think he's just trying to adapt as an artist. He realized he wasn't getting anywhere with that gutter gangbanging style. He sees whats hot right now like wiz, drake and cole and he's trying get that mainstream appeal.

As for this tape I think the verdict is still out for me. I haven't really given it enough spins right now to give it a fair assessment but theirs definitely some cool tracks. Who Detached Us is a dope song at first but I think I've heard too many Steve Jobs tracks lately it sort of nauseating at the end.

darqawa

• 'G'
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2011, 09:59:46 AM »
In Nip's defense. I don't necessarily think he fell off. Yes this is a departure from his former style, but I think he's just trying to adapt as an artist. He realized he wasn't getting anywhere with that gutter gangbanging style. He sees whats hot right now like wiz, drake and cole and he's trying get that mainstream appeal.

As for this tape I think the verdict is still out for me. I haven't really given it enough spins right now to give it a fair assessment but theirs definitely some cool tracks. Who Detached Us is a dope song at first but I think I've heard too many Steve Jobs tracks lately it sort of nauseating at the end.

I see you, I think his lyrics on point, these shitty as beats and that auto tune shit or whatever it is.  Didn’t he see that Bitches to Rags Boondocks episode?

late night

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2011, 02:29:45 PM »
Fully listen today, I like it.

It's funny to me it seems like Freddie Gibbs is leaning more towards a classic west coast sound and Nipsey is leaning more towards a southern mainstream sound, the beats I mean.

DJSpin

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2011, 07:05:43 PM »
Anywhere selling hard copies?

2euce 7even

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2011, 07:57:44 PM »
fuckin disapointed .. only liked 3-4 songs on that muthafucka... damn nipsey u fucked it up.. i will still bump vol.1 till i die tho.. that was hot shit.. alone "blue laces" makes that fuckin tape worth over anything these wack ass pop-rappers are puttin out these days.

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2011, 08:02:21 PM »
burned this and was playin it in the ride today up imperial hwy blvd for the ride home and this tape is gd shit, its music with a meaning, that real shit. empowering and influential through some of it. Preciate the game nip. keep up the good work!

Avalanche

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2011, 08:15:05 PM »
really feelin' the outro

rhythmalism

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2011, 08:58:02 PM »
Motivation music right here. Pretty dope but Vol. 1 is better. 8)

G iC3

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2011, 09:55:07 AM »
Tommy Gunz is tight as hell!!
After hearing the mixtape a couple times....
i think overall the mixtape is bumpin!
He need to drop his official album... Is there any info about that?
G'z Up, Ho'z Down....& If Tha B!TCH Can't Swimm Than Tha B!TCH Iz Bound 2 Drizzown!