Author Topic: Drake - "Take Care" (Discussion Thread)  (Read 2868 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re: Drake - "Take Care" (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2011, 09:39:22 PM »
i aint checked this but i see certain joints from this album making noise. Never really been on drake. Nothing to do with his music being aimed at women and niggaz who know a woman (i know most of y'all still virgins lol) but nah on a real, dude just never really reached me with his shit but since its making a lil bit of noise i might give it a check sometime...just maybe.

hold it y'all

TheWestCoast

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Need that Million Dollar Story!!
« Reply #76 on: November 11, 2011, 12:36:34 AM »
some keepers

cananda  8)

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #77 on: November 11, 2011, 05:50:35 AM »
JayDC is a fag and he doesn't represent the younger generation, not my class or the classes before me.  In fact JayDC doesn't really represent a demographic/or a casual fan IMO.  When someone passes off with this much ignorance and close mindedness then you can't take them seriously.  

Listen to the worst track on "Take Care" on repeat right now >>>>>> Getting $500 and a blowjob from JayDC today

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2011, 07:50:43 AM »
I'm saying that it took chances and defied my expectations.  Because it did, it's advantageous for it.  So by taking chances and nailing the mark it's a better album.  All the risks he took are to it's advantage as an album instead of detracting from it.  Seriously, he could have went a lot of traditional cliche routes but he took risks.

As I said Take Care would be full blown techno song with Rihanna AHHHING the chorus if another artist constructed it.  Who ends a song like that besides Kanye West? 

He gave an up and coming MC from the west coast 2 minutes of air time. 

I'm not bothered by his style because it's the style he came in on.  It's not like switched up and started singing unexpectedly but even if he did I wouldn't care if I thought it was dope.

I like that there's a general theme and atmosphere (sound) to the album. 

I like that the songs have a journey.  They're not just a sample repeated ten times.  You have transitions, highs and lows that don't repeat.  Again it makes me think of black milk's production when the MCs are done and he plays with the beat or again Kanye West..
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2011, 07:57:28 AM »
it makes me think of black milk's production when the MCs are done and he plays with the beat or again Kanye West..

I do that too and literally always have, it makes the song better.  it takes a beat and turns it into music.  i LOVE beats like everybody does but i like it even more when a Track is turned into a Song.  i always paid attention to things like that.  Drake did was he was supposed to do IMO.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2011, 09:46:22 AM »
Action is speaking the truth. This is Drake's style from day one. He shouldn't be viewed as strictly a rapper. He is basically more rnb.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2011, 10:17:18 AM »
The major issue is that some of the posters here have a conservative construct of what social roles to be played by men & women.  Apparently being honest and crooning is a feminine quality that men should not exhibit. 

If you're not feeling it that's fine but coming up with lame ass arguments as to why you're not and attempting to pass them off as facts is pathetic.

thats wassup!

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2011, 11:27:29 AM »
Action is speaking the truth. This is Drake's style from day one. He shouldn't be viewed as strictly a rapper. He is basically more rnb.

Fine. It doesn't make it good music. He can't sing like a good RnB singer & his production was ass. End of story.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2011, 12:07:48 PM »
Again, for you. Again, the majority of people like it. As of now. Maybe they won't in 5 years. You really need to stop posting your opinions as facts.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2011, 04:28:53 PM »
Saying you like it is fine, but coming up with lame ass arguments as to why you are and and passing them off as facts is pathetic.

Like seriously, it's advantageous? Lol, that was the dumbest attempt to appear intelligent I've ever read on this forum. Hence why you ignored it the first time I called you on it. Then you go off on some tangent about a Rihanna chorus and production all of which has nothing to do with drake but his team.

I'm still not sure how a guy that can't sing can be called r n b.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2011, 06:14:52 PM »
Again, for you. Again, the majority of people like it. As of now. Maybe they won't in 5 years. You really need to stop posting your opinions as facts.

Huh? Where? Maybe I'm failing to see the majority. I see about four people on here like it. That's the majority? Since when? Go to other forums you'll see just as many people calling it trash as liking it.Tml sold about a million copies. Let's say another two million dl.Now take that number and compare it to the population. Majority of what son?!Don't speak out of your ass.

So what majority?! Drake fans? Wow shocking, drake fans like a drake album.That still leaves the millions of others that think he's trash. In five years you'll be on someone elses nuts and think drakes boring and repetitive.Of course they like it now because drakes the "it" artist. It's called sheep mentality which you seem to be a part of. Just like you feel with 50 cent even though both will be making the same music it's just you that will be on the nuts of whatevers hot at that moment. From all your posts you just seem to jump on whatevers trendy to like at the moment.But when it's not cool to like drake anymore you'll move on to whatever else is hot and you'll be saying the same shit about drake that others have been saying since day one.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 09:51:25 PM by Jaydc is back »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2011, 06:19:49 PM »
There is just nothing that stands out.

At least his last album had some bangin' singles, "Light Up", "Up All Night", "Over" & a few others that had some replay value. This is just very bland.

& I was a fan of his first album, plus I'd consider myself a fan of Drake and a lot of really mainstream artists, so this isn't even some elitst nonsense. It's just not a good album. I thought Carter IV was pretty good. So I mean, it certainly isn't "mainstream hate".

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #87 on: November 11, 2011, 09:34:09 PM »
Now this is one album I can see fans liking on here yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2011, 09:59:44 PM »
Saying you like it is fine, but coming up with lame ass arguments as to why you are and and passing them off as facts is pathetic.

Like seriously, it's advantageous? Lol, that was the dumbest attempt to appear intelligent I've ever read on this forum. Hence why you ignored it the first time I called you on it. Then you go off on some tangent about a Rihanna chorus and production all of which has nothing to do with drake but his team.

I'm still not sure how a guy that can't sing can be called r n b.

I'm not going to get into silly semantics with you.  I explained myself in an attempt to better communicate how I felt.

Drake is the leader of his team.  That's like dismissing Rakim and giving all the credit to Eric B.  That's like dismissing Guru and giving all the credit to Dj Premier.  It's not one way street.  Why can't you recognize Drake has a vision?  He chooses his beats, he works closely with NOAH for a very crafted sound style.

edit:
as to whether he can sing or rap.  i don't care.  you're not feeling it which is cool.  i don't care if he's a great singer like tank or if he's the most technically apt rapper like eminem.  That's not something I always need.  A lot of indie artist I enjoy aren't techincally great singers.  A lot of punk artist I like can't sing.  Drake's style works for me and i enjoy it which is all that really matters.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 10:03:01 PM by Action! »
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2011, 07:08:35 AM »

Huh? Where? Maybe I'm failing to see the majority. I see about four people on here like it. That's the majority? Since when? Go to other forums you'll see just as many people calling it trash as liking it.Tml sold about a million copies. Let's say another two million dl.Now take that number and compare it to the population. Majority of what son?!Don't speak out of your ass.

So what majority?! Drake fans? Wow shocking, drake fans like a drake album.That still leaves the millions of others that think he's trash. In five years you'll be on someone elses nuts and think drakes boring and repetitive.Of course they like it now because drakes the "it" artist. It's called sheep mentality which you seem to be a part of. Just like you feel with 50 cent even though both will be making the same music it's just you that will be on the nuts of whatevers hot at that moment. From all your posts you just seem to jump on whatevers trendy to like at the moment.But when it's not cool to like drake anymore you'll move on to whatever else is hot and you'll be saying the same shit about drake that others have been saying since day one.

What ? Drake is one of the most popular artist in the genre right now, next to Wayne, Eminem, Jay, Kanye. Yes, Drake fans. It's called a fan base. Since he has a bigger fan base than a lot of other rappers combined, I'd say that's a majority. So again, what exactly seems to be confusing you.

Usually an artist is "it" if he makes hot music. It's hard to be an "it" music artist if you music is trash. Yeah 50 was an "it" artist but he's not anymore. Yeah, I used to like him but not anymore. Why ? Because his music has downgraded significantly. Hence, I don't like him anymore, a lot of his older fans don't, his fan base is smaller, he's not an "it" artist anymore. What happens to an "it" artist if his music remains hot ? It's called longevity. It all boils down to music.

So whether I'll like Drake in 5 years or not ? I couldn't give a shit. If the music is right, then I will. If not, I won't. It's as simple as that. There's no big dramatic element to it, that you seem to imagine.