Author Topic: Ma Dukes Official Statement about the Rebirth of Detroit (J Dilla)  (Read 57 times)

GATMAN

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I was going to let this ride out,however it wouldn’t seem right if I didn’t acknowlege what has transpired. Yes, what you’ve read is truth, and yes, this is how they feel and yes, I’ve been aware, and yes Dilla may have had differences in what artist he used.

The objective here lies within = Dilla left me in charge as an executor on his will because he prepared me while he was living still, and we in depth discussed all. I had no idea it would come to this, but I have a charge to keep and a promise that I accepted to my son and his legacy. I will not let his work be in vain. That would be the first injustice to the world. He gave his life’s blood and his only true love outside of God was ,first his music before he fathered children. He never married but trusted my decisions and thoughts throughout his life here. My choices are what I feel are right and should be respected. Dilla had forgiven all.

He in hand spelled out to me his last 2 years, exactly who and how I should move forward, should the inevitable come to pass. Life is funny, but the true in heart shall always rein after the dust settles from the unruly. I live to “give his gift back to the world,” as he stated to his maker some 11 months before his death.

I will see this through with the help of God and those valiant enough to stand with me. This Rebirth has shed many thoughts and uncovered many things, but better yet, it has healed many in spirit and given hope to those with a vision that was not clear. It has given life to a Beautiful city that has held a mystical gift and needed unity for the innovations that have come to look us in the face and ask if we’re ready to move forward. I thank God for each life and for the unity and gift of love that we share through this movement and pray that we spiral upward to where we belong.

Signed,Madukes