Author Topic: Yelawolf Sells 41,000 First week  (Read 969 times)

sdmaxx1

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Yelawolf Sells 41,000 First week
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2011, 05:26:55 AM »
record sales are never going to be what they used to be in the past ive been around since the 90's in this game and the numbers are not even close anymore because most peeps download the albums now for free not all people but most and it gets worse an worse every year technology has takin over! haha even the big rap stars cant make big numbers anymore that was the past. i like yela hes got original shit and got sick rap skillz and even though he moved to Shady yeh it might of helped him get noticed more and better promotion but it dont matter the game is watered down...... that actually goes for all music though not just hip hop everyone downloads now days lol even movies now more and more its a wrap your gonna see your favorite actor or music artist right next to  you working in the future lol

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2011, 02:20:11 AM »
The more i listen to this the better it gets.

A lot of rappers should take note this is how you make a good mainstream album .

There may be a fair few sung hooks but between those hooks r some dope lyrics and themes.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2011, 08:36:03 AM »
LOL @ justifying record sales for this album being a failure.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2011, 05:19:23 PM »

I'm really feelin' this album. But it's a white rapper, signed by Eminem, backed by him & his label. 41,000 is just unacceptable.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2011, 09:07:39 AM »

I'm really feelin' this album. But it's a white rapper, signed by Eminem, backed by him & his label. 41,000 is just unacceptable.

Em will always sell but not necessarily his side projects

Bad Meets Evil is around 650k, not bad in todays world but you would think it would have done better considering he's all over the album

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2011, 10:34:55 AM »

Em will always sell but not necessarily his side projects

Bad Meets Evil is around 650k, not bad in todays world but you would think it would have done better considering he's all over the album

True. But I think any Shady related project should do at least 100K.