Author Topic: where is ant banks?  (Read 486 times)

Desert Lord

Re: where is ant banks?
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2011, 08:23:22 PM »
an interview would be nice

p82

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2011, 11:14:53 PM »
Spoke to Ant Banks about a year ago, said he was still making music and was just waiting for the right time and the right avenue to put it out on.  Like others have said though he is doing other things away from music, I actually heard a beat he had done at the time and it was still the old Ant Banks sound.

doggfather

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2011, 11:53:33 PM »
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2011, 05:00:05 AM »
Chad, the guy who did several interviews (for dubcnn too), may know whats going on

haven't seen that guy on hear in hella days . think he left
hes still around, he just doesnt post much
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?action=profile;u=1650;sa=showPosts

also, last time i heard about banks
i havent really heard any new banks shit in a while, i dont really have any idea what style hes going to be doing. as long as the beats are that classic banks sound and he has spice 1, too short and b legit and e-40 he can really put whatever new rappers he wants haha. i just hope hes not trying some hyphy shit

...it's definitely NOT hyphy...lol...the shit I've heard is insane to say the least
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 05:13:35 AM by From Dre-Day to Nate Day »

Hoodlum204

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thats Why I Fucked Your Bitch!!
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2011, 07:00:54 AM »
i can understand this move, but it's really sad...anyways it would be a big risk for him to go back to that funky stuff, these days
That Chit Sure Is Nice On The Ears Though!!...*Bumps 'Parlayin'*

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2011, 04:21:32 PM »
Spoke to Ant Banks about a year ago, said he was still making music and was just waiting for the right time and the right avenue to put it out on.  Like others have said though he is doing other things away from music, I actually heard a beat he had done at the time and it was still the old Ant Banks sound.
good to know.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

2euce 7even

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2011, 10:31:38 PM »
i read somoewhere that he is sellin´houses now.retired from msuic biz.

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2011, 11:01:01 PM »
he was fallin off before he disappeared. twdy was mediore as hell. he had a really dope beat on dual comittees album tho. regardless hes missed. dudes got an amazing list of credits.

bouli77

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2011, 03:44:54 AM »
he was fallin off before he disappeared. twdy was mediore as hell. he had a really dope beat on dual comittees album tho. regardless hes missed. dudes got an amazing list of credits.

i guess you have higher standards than me lol. i didn't think TWDY was" mediocre", especially for a year like 1999 when the number of quality releases in gangsta rap was dropping drastically (especially music wise). wasn't the album of the year or anything but it was decent IMO. tracks like "Drinks on Me", "Out 2 Get Mo" and "Player's Holiday" were funky as fuck and Banks applied himself on the mic especially on Drinks On Me. Never really liked Captain Save Em as a rapper but dude wasn't annoying, kinda funny. but yeah it wasn't as good as the old Ant Banks releases but it was still decent compared to other veterans coming up with projects at the same time period.

the second TWDY album was kinda weak, but still had good tracks like "ghetto life" with WC and Harm.

ngb

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2011, 11:54:20 PM »
parlayin was a classic back in the day, we need banks god dammir

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2011, 05:47:07 AM »

i guess you have higher standards than me lol. i didn't think TWDY was" mediocre", especially for a year like 1999 when the number of quality releases in gangsta rap was dropping drastically (especially music wise). wasn't the album of the year or anything but it was decent IMO. tracks like "Drinks on Me", "Out 2 Get Mo" and "Player's Holiday" were funky as fuck and Banks applied himself on the mic especially on Drinks On Me. Never really liked Captain Save Em as a rapper but dude wasn't annoying, kinda funny. but yeah it wasn't as good as the old Ant Banks releases but it was still decent compared to other veterans coming up with projects at the same time period.

the second TWDY album was kinda weak, but still had good tracks like "ghetto life" with WC and Harm.

99 was a drop off from 98 and years like 95 at the peak of gangsta rap but it still had enough gems to keep me content. i thought ant banks started to sound generic around that time especially his production. then again i might have too high standards for banks but its just cuz he was so dope in the 90's.

bouli77

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2011, 11:21:27 AM »
yeah it definitely was a drop off music wise but I thought Ant Banks maintained a decent production game especially compare to other producers.

Sccit

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2011, 11:26:15 AM »
both twdy album were tight.....