Author Topic: So, the Raiders still make idiotic moves without Al Davis...  (Read 534 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Re: So, the Raiders still make idiotic moves without Al Davis...
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2011, 08:01:16 AM »
This is coming from a Raiders fan.

Don't like the trade at all. Gave up some value with those picks. We are becoming the Phoenix Suns of the NFL with as many draft picks we trade away. Basically gave Jason Campbell the finger after this season and for whatever reason we are putting all our eggs in one basket for this season like it's do or die.

But at the same time I don't trust Kyle at QB either (KC game case in point) and Carson is a bit of a up grade. And we needed a reliable QB for the rest of the year. I just thought we would be able to find one for less than 2 high picks.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2011, 09:00:23 AM »
Being down by that much after just losing McFadden and then throwing a guy who you just signed into the fire isn't something that should be judged. It would have taken the entire 89 Niners team to come out for the second half to win that game.

Calling Carson a bust already is just foolosh.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2011, 10:23:51 AM »
Palmer shouldn't have entered the game.  He's not fully comfortable with the plays yet, plus it was going to be obvious his timing was going to be off. 

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2011, 06:46:07 PM »
Being down by that much after just losing McFadden and then throwing a guy who you just signed into the fire isn't something that should be judged. It would have taken the entire 89 Niners team to come out for the second half to win that game.

Didn't you just say they would have an easy win over kc? ::)

And admit it, Palmer looked dreadful. His passes had zero velocity.

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2011, 11:17:08 PM »

shut up little cunt
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

Lunatic

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2011, 01:27:20 PM »
Obviously a horrible decision to put Palmer in, not sure what Jackson was thinking with that one. He was clearly desperate after the dreadful first half but he should have just chalked up the L and moved on. He should have known Palmer wasn't ready obviously (that's why he didnt' start him in the first place) so it's surprising to see a professional coach allow one half to foolishly change his mind when he made the right decision in the first place (benching Palmer).

Also can't judge based on one half when Palmer clearly isn't ready but it can't be ignored and does help those calling this trade foolish in there argument at this point.

Before and after this performance, I think they gave up WAY too much.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2011, 06:00:18 PM »

I thought they'd have an easy in over KC if I was playing QB. I'm not sure how much was Romeo's defense stepping up huge or how much losing McFadden meant but Oakland got pounded. No QB in history could have walked in and made Oak win that game.

These things happen in the NFL. I'm sure most people thought the Ravens would have an easy win over the Jags last night. I sure did.

dexter

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2011, 02:15:30 PM »
Lol this is a terrible move. Raiders aren't winning the superbowl regardless and now they give up another first round pick? Possibly two? So much for the raiders future.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2011, 04:15:05 PM »
I was going to bump this thread when the raiders finish out of the playoffs and Palmer finishes the year with more picks then Tds. Truly an awful trade, I seriously don't know how any of you thought this was a good idea.

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2011, 05:06:34 PM »
I was going to bump this thread when the raiders finish out of the playoffs and Palmer finishes the year with more picks then Tds. Truly an awful trade, I seriously don't know how any of you thought this was a good idea.

KILL YOURSELF, ASSHOLE
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

TheRemedy360Ressurection

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2011, 05:41:09 PM »

I thought acquiring Palmer in itself was worth a try, the Bengals organization was a mess to the point where Palmer didn't even want to play, so they probably figured he'd be better off with a fresh start. Also, not having McFadden hurts the Raiders offense as a whole. With that said, they gave up way too much to get him and he's played pretty badly, so all in all looking like a horrible move so far.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2011, 06:07:03 PM »
I have no problem with Palmer and them getting him. But the price? Ridiculous. The jets aquired santonio Holmes, an elite receiver who is a super bowl MVP who made one of the all time great catches to win the superbowl for a 5th round pick. Carson Palmer is 0-2 in his career in the playoffs and has never done a single significant thing in his entire career except pad his regular season stats. And they gave up a 1st and 2nd round pick for him. That's the kind of trade that gets GM's fired.

At BEST Palmer was worth a 3rd round pick.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2011, 11:50:57 AM »
i agree they gave up too much. he was kinda thrown in the middle of shit though. id give it another uninterrupted season before callin the move a bust. a full off season,training camp and pre-season to get everyone on the same page. its not like campbell was gonna take them anywhere anyway.

Lunatic

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2011, 02:53:10 PM »
I made this thread  8) lol
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2011, 07:44:06 PM »
I still say Carson will be worth more than whoever Cinci ends up drafting in round 1 next year. The bad break came when losing McFadden. He was the offense Carson was just supposed to keep the defenses more honest by respecting the longer pass game. But since Carson and Darren have yet to play together at all yet I can't take anything I said back. Based on the upcoming schedules I expect Oakland to lose more games than Denver loses, but next year may end up being a completely different story if McFadden comes back healthy.