Author Topic: What's up with Chico & Coolwada?  (Read 247 times)

tnp

Re:What's up with Chico & Coolwada?
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2003, 05:52:29 PM »
Yeah I was hoping they'd be coming out with something new since they were on West Coast Bad Boyz 3 but sadly...

All else I know is that they were on Dapadawn's CD (Chico on Two-Thousand-One and Coolwadda on My Life) but that was also 2001 as well.

Wild N Tha West was a really solid album with consistant production and nice guest spots by Nate Dogg (of course) Kurupt, Defari and King T, too bad it didn't do what it should have.

*Listening to High Come Down, Pass It Around and Godzilla Like then rewinding again* "Bitches be telling me 'Chipper your shit's the bomb'/I'm like ho I know it's half my arm"  ;D

tnp

Kaidy

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2003, 06:35:43 PM »
All else I know is that they were on Dapadawn's CD (Chico on Two-Thousand-One and Coolwadda on My Life) but that was also 2001 as well.

How is that Dapadawn CD? I didnt even know he had an album out.

LOL I remember when the C&C album just came out and me and Criminal_909 was like the official fan club. shit i even had their album cover as my avatar for like a month haha.

So anyway to keep this thread alive, what was everyone's favorite tracks from this album? Mines was Godzilla Like and Pussyfootin, although there really wasnt one track I didnt like.

"I used to fuck that ho, but now fuck that ho
All about my chips, thats how that gon' go"

S.G.V.

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2003, 06:39:53 PM »
yea i wasnt around when this shit dropped...had i been ida been proppin these foos like a maniac...they are too talented to be slept on.....

YALL AINT NO GANGSTAS YALL DONT KNOW OPERA YALL DONT KNOW HOPPIN OUT THE TRUCK BANGIN FRANK SINATRA!!!

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2003, 07:32:19 PM »
My cut was Central Bookin, Cell Block 3...

Godzilla Like... they used that Minnie Riperton Sample nice...

Both of their Solo songs...

Parrallel.... (Mostly Chico's Verse)

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

C-clamp

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2003, 07:39:12 PM »
Central Bookin was definitely my favourite cut off the album.  It took me a couple of listens to figure out each verse was about how the got each stike.  Fuckin' Dope.

Doggystylin

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2003, 07:43:19 PM »
YUP ima OG Chico & Coolwadda album i was a fan before their album dropped, and got it the day it came out.

tnp

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2003, 08:48:35 PM »

How is that Dapadawn CD? I didnt even know he had an album out.

I really like it. I just got it last week but it's really all that I've been listening to (well, that and MC Eiht remixes). It's just a well compiled album, apparently he'd been trying to get signed for quite some time. My favorite tracks are My Life (I don't usually like East/West collabs but I like this one a lot because the styles don't clash), Cali Parlae and Crenshaw. There's also a nice track called Dear Son like a letter to his son. Kenny Kas does most of the production, who did We Bust. I found it as a cutout at a local store for cheap so I picked it up and am glad I did.

About C&C, I also love Beach Cruiser but the High Come Down/Pass It Around/Godzilla Like arrangement is too nice to ignore, it's like I can't listen to one of those without listening to the others.

peace,
tnp
« Last Edit: January 28, 2003, 09:52:17 PM by tnp »

serv-on

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2003, 11:45:51 PM »
yep this shit is tight. And that pass it around video is funny as hell.

Kaidy

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2003, 12:08:20 PM »
I just did some searching and I found that C&C are signed to Faith Evans label 'Pedigree' which goes thru Arista. It didnt have any news or anything, just listed their names under artists.

www.faithfullyfaith.com and click on Pedigree from the menu

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2003, 12:31:16 PM »
I just did some searching and I found that C&C are signed to Faith Evans label 'Pedigree' which goes thru Arista. It didnt have any news or anything, just listed their names under artists.

www.faithfullyfaith.com and click on Pedigree from the menu

Damn, wonder how that happened. Hope they're planning to drop something this year now this kind of info is about.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.