Author Topic: Raekwon Co-Signs New Emcee, Says He's Reminded of Himself Coming Up Hungry  (Read 142 times)

Lunatic

Damn, very interesting to see Raekwon co-signing a new cat. Can't wait to hear the single they cooked up  8)

RAEKWON SAYS NAPOLEON'S COOKING UP DYNAMITE, "[HE] REMINDED ME OF MYSELF BEING A HUNGRY CAT COMING UP
http://www.sohh.com/2012/01/raekwon_says_napoleons_cooking_up_dynami.html

Wu-Tang Clan's Raekwon is putting his stamp of approval on hip-hop newcomer Napoleon Da Legend by giving SOHH the scoop on hopping on the rapper's new "Oxygen" single, officially premiering later this week.

Admitting how cautious he is when it comes to choosing to work with new acts, the "Chef" said the underground emcee is cooking up something special on wax.

"When I first heard the beat by Napoleon Da Legend, I knew it was gonna be special, but when I heard his vocals and the beat combined, it reminded me of myself being a hungry cat coming up, 'bout to take the game by storm," Rae told SOHH in a statement referring to the "Oxygen" single. "I'm very conscious about who I record with far as new artists is concerned, but when I wrote my verse I followed his lead because it was so powerful. It was that great that I [was] contemplating about buying the record from him. But this will be a cat y'all will be hearing from in the near future I'm co-signing that!" (SOHH)

The record will mark Rae's latest release since dropping his new Unexpected Victory mixtape last week.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Hoodlum204

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thats Why I Fucked Your Bitch!!
Sounds Better Than That 'JD Era' Guy He's Signed!!