Author Topic: What she order? Fish fillet?  (Read 277 times)

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: What she order? Fish fillet?
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2012, 12:56:24 PM »
It's an incoherent verse sure, but that doesn't mean that particle line itself is lazy or bad writing. It's a typical Kanye line.  He's not going to baby step you into that line either.  It doesn't need explanation that they're at an upscale restaurant, pretty damn obvious that's what he's referring to. 

Yeah it does need explanation. Saying "what she order fish fillet" out of nowhere is sloppy writing. Not one hint he's at an upscale restaurant. And rapping about getting sex in a bathroom isn't making the case.

I have a hard time believing that Jay Z and Kanye are in Paris not eating at upscale restaurants.  Practically the majority of the album is them bragging about expensive things, and this includes food as well.  The hints are not just all over this song, it's all over the entire album. 

Yeah but is this a puzzle or a piece of music.  I mean, you cant just throw random references in an album and pretend like we should get it.  Its not that i cant get it, its just a sloppier and more amatuerish approach to writing and shows maybe these guys are over their heads when they try shit like that.
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Javii

• 'G'
Re: What she order? Fish fillet?
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2012, 01:04:10 PM »
It's an incoherent verse sure, but that doesn't mean that particle line itself is lazy or bad writing. It's a typical Kanye line.  He's not going to baby step you into that line either.  It doesn't need explanation that they're at an upscale restaurant, pretty damn obvious that's what he's referring to. 

Yeah it does need explanation. Saying "what she order fish fillet" out of nowhere is sloppy writing. Not one hint he's at an upscale restaurant. And rapping about getting sex in a bathroom isn't making the case.

I have a hard time believing that Jay Z and Kanye are in Paris not eating at upscale restaurants.  Practically the majority of the album is them bragging about expensive things, and this includes food as well.  The hints are not just all over this song, it's all over the entire album. 

Yeah but is this a puzzle or a piece of music.  I mean, you cant just throw random references in an album and pretend like we should get it.  Its not that i cant get it, its just a sloppier and more amatuerish approach to writing and shows maybe these guys are over their heads when they try shit like that.

But it's not really random is it?  The entire verse has the same theme.