0 (0%)
Chamillionaire
1 (3.3%)
Young Jeezy
1 (3.3%)
Ludacris
1 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: Who do you feel is the "King of the South"?  (Read 1214 times)

rayallen0

Re: Who do you feel is the "King of the South"?
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2012, 03:31:20 PM »
3 stacks could outrap everyboy on that poll  ???

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2012, 03:57:37 PM »
impossible
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

rayallen0

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2012, 04:59:49 PM »
impossible
lol andre 3000 lyrically shits on every one of those guys.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2012, 05:02:38 PM »
I guess trying to enlighten a nostalgic, 90's Hip Hop dominate board with a bunch of dudes stuck in the past, trying to hold on to what's long gone wasn't my best idea. But I mean, I might as well get the idea out there so maybe one day you can advance your narrow-minded ways of thinking.

If "kings last forever", T.I. wouldn't have tried to claim it out of respect. But he gets it. Face dies out of the picture, somebody new takes over; that's how it's worked since the creation of man. LMFAO @ putting Michael Jackson & Scarface in the same sentence for comparison. MJ was a global icon of music who was loved by millions, thrown at you for years & years; whose music defined music beyond the genre of pop. Scarface was just the best rapper out of the south at a time when Hip Hop took over & flourished & people like you, with no sense or grasp of reality, living in your own world where the newspaper still reads "1997" can't let go of the fact that new people become massively popular & take control.

Getting back to MJ. I'd consider him a king still just because his music after death still sells better than 90% of the acts out there. Lil' Wayne has surpassed Scarface's popularity & is on a national/global stage. Your blindness out of hatred for the inferior rapper he just screams nostalgia.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2012, 05:48:24 PM »
impossible
LOL
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

rayallen0

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2012, 05:56:18 PM »
impossible
LOL
lol scarface is the only one close and he isn't the same level of a lyricist as 3k.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2012, 06:06:40 PM »
impossible
LOL
lol scarface is the only one close and he isn't the same level of a lyricist as 3k.
scarface <---------- 3 stacks

rayallen0

« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2012, 06:12:56 PM »
impossible
LOL
yep that's what i said.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2012, 06:13:41 PM »
impossible
LOL
t.i. <--------- 3 stacks

rayallen0

« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2012, 06:17:28 PM »
pretty sure that king of the south doesnt have to do with how popular u are, but more so how RESPECTED u are...everyone in the south looks up to Scarface and show him madlove and respect. he's the pinnacle of the dirty south. most people look at Lil Wayne as a walkin joke. nothing royal about that.

Word, that's why ever artist & their mother reach out to him to work with him to make something of their career. Even T.I.'s boy, B.o.B. ran to him for a single.

& wrong. I don't know what world you live in where a "king" gets mad love & respect. A "king" just runs shit & people are forced to follow him due to his HEAVY influence. Hence why you have Nicki Minaj, Drake & Tyga dominating the radios trying to do their best Wayne impression.

It's kind of a demeaning term if you actually think about it. But you're too caught up in nostalgia to think about it. If I said I'm king of this forum, I'm belittling everyone else & putting myself on a higher pedestal. You don't think in a community that was BUILT off of ego & battling that just saying "I'm king of the south" is going to get you mad love & respect. That's where you just bring the whole NIK-factor into it. The part where you just hate Lil' Wayne & say everyone "looks at him like a joke". No, you look at him like a joke. Maybe some no name, actual blood artists who don't like him claiming view him as a joke, but a MAJORITY of people in the business who actually contribute & are a name don't view him as a joke.

Like I said, kings don't last forever. Eventually knew ones move in, like T.I. thought he was for a while & some people "accepted". You're only real defense against that is "uhhh, when I was eleven Scarface was king of the south, so he's king of the south because I can't think for myself & want to give the Hip Hop yearbook answer".

fact of the matter is, lil wayne sucks... real hip-hop heads dont view him as the king of shit and they don't acknowledge him as a top rapper. he's the king of whackass pop rap that they play on the radio, and that's where it ends. in terms of real hip-hop, the king of the south is scarface......west 2pac.....east biggie......lyricism rakim.....production dre etc. etc.. it doesnt change with each generation, moron....michael jackson will always be the king of pop, just like madonna will always be the queen of pep etc. it doesnt change to justin timberlake and britney spears when the new generation comes along. the king titles are forever. and only the great innovators of musical genres get to hold the title....dumbass 90s baby.
NIKCC is 100 % right , Chamillitary Click. Chamillitary Click, once you a king your a king forever . scarface is king of south forever & that will never change,hater . lil wayne is king of jokes & hip pop crap .
a nelly fan just called someone hip pop.

rayallen0

« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2012, 06:17:59 PM »
impossible
LOL
t.i. <--------- 3 stacks
yep i concur again.

rayallen0

« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2012, 06:19:31 PM »
<-------------
is the symbol for "worse than" by the way 

imma listen to ATLiens peace
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/TW3h3tk3iME" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/TW3h3tk3iME</a>

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2012, 06:24:26 PM »
<-------------
is the symbol for "worse than" by the way 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/TW3h3tk3iME" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/TW3h3tk3iME</a>
nah the arrow points at who i feel is more superior lyrically.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2012, 06:25:36 PM »
Quote from: rayallen0 link=topic=279670.msg2806209#msg2806209 date=1330913971

[flash=200,200
http://www.youtube.com/v/TW3h3tk3iME[/flash]
classic album and outkast's best album imo.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2012, 06:27:42 PM »
impossible
LOL
t.i. <--------- 3 stacks
yep i concur again.
i knew you would.