Author Topic: Death Row Records Presents: Tha Dogg Pound Documentary  (Read 935 times)

DeeezNuuuts83

Re: Death Row Records Presents: Tha Dogg Pound Documentary
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2012, 04:30:41 PM »
I got the VHS and the OST of this beiiiitch. The soundtrack had tracks by Dre and Snoop so I bought it...Turns out it was just excerpts from the movie...scammed ha.
"We entertainers!"

Sick show.
Yep.  Isn't there some other track where the entire thing is just someone going "Hip-hop is..." and that's it?

The tracklist had a lot of talent altogether.  I was a huge Bone Thugs fan and I had bought it just to get Everyday Thang (since I wanted to collect all of their songs, though it was different from the version on Faces of Death).

D-TalkX

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2012, 04:37:01 PM »
I got the VHS and the OST of this beiiiitch. The soundtrack had tracks by Dre and Snoop so I bought it...Turns out it was just excerpts from the movie...scammed ha.
"We entertainers!"

Sick show.
Yep.  Isn't there some other track where the entire thing is just someone going "Hip-hop is..." and that's it?

The tracklist had a lot of talent altogether.  I was a huge Bone Thugs fan and I had bought it just to get Everyday Thang (since I wanted to collect all of their songs, though it was different from the version on Faces of Death).

Hip Hop is writing and rhymin...first skit I think. i still bump that CD.

how Highhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so high that i can kiss the skyyyy
Everyday Thang, How High, My Block, Droppin The bombs, Zoom Zooms and Wham Whams were all good tracks.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2012, 04:59:26 PM »
I wished that the version of "Me & My Bitch" over the Computer Love beat weren't a live performance... it was smooth over that and would've been nice without the yelling and Puffy adlibs on the mic.

MURDERGHOST

• 'G'
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2012, 12:36:27 AM »
I love this soundtrack... still bump it from time to time...

Gurfi

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2012, 07:35:22 AM »
man hook some of this shit up that you say you watch to. I haven't seen this that you been talking bout!

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2012, 10:39:26 AM »
LOL how have you not seen this? It's from Russell Simmon's documentary called "The Show" from 1995.

It features very dope scenes and performances from Snoop and Dogg Pound, Wu-Tang, Craig Mack, Biggie, Run DMC, Warren G Twinz & Da 5 Footaz, Naughty By Nature and so on.

The whole thing been on Youtube for years.

What I always wondered was why was it not re-released on dvd? There's SO MUCH weak-ass dvd's out & this is still UNAVAILABLE in other format than VHS?
this

No it's on DVD too.  Just go to www.amazon.com

This is my favorite documentary/soundtrack of all time.  Classic material, props to Russel for putting it together.  It served to document hip-hop during it's golden era.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.