Author Topic: why couldn't nas call his album nigger?  (Read 500 times)

Blasphemy (A)

Re: why couldn't nas call his album nigger?
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2012, 12:02:27 AM »
that motherfucker just did that shit for Hype, both in naming it originally that, and then not naming it. Now that motherfucker can say, I was a hardcore motherfucker, but the establishment forced me to change it, or he can say I originally wanted to have it called that because I was keeping it real, but then I figured MLK wouldn't want that, so I decided to go into a positive direction. and his HIp-Hop is dead title, was just pure haterism.

You were right until that last sentence.  Yes, the whole Nigger/Untitled thing did seem like a somewhat lame publicity stunt; but Hip-Hop Is Dead is one of the best and most timely hip-hop album titles and projects ever. 
yeah... that came out in 2006, Most of this industry went to shit around 2008. If he had released it during anytime from 2008-2012 yeah I'd say you're right, but hell no, half the motherfuckers on here go on about the first half of the 2000s second only to the 90s.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2012, 05:23:07 AM »
wouldve been fun tho

to walk up in the store n ask
"do u have that nigger-album wit Nas?"

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2012, 03:40:10 PM »
but 2pac was allowed to have a album called strictly 4 my Niggers
and n.w.a had niggaz4life  ???

and nas was allowed to have song called nigger on hip hop is dead weird
:eh:

kemizt

EAZY-LI

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2012, 05:31:24 AM »

:eh:

what is it you dont get?

Because it would have been fucked up to call his album-NIGGER-the way u pronounced it,don't u think..im pretty sure you could not wait, to go to some record store ,and ask for the nigger album..u sound disappointed that the lp.was not named nigger..pacs was called strictly for my niggaz you fucking idiot,and NwAs was up side down stupid..trying to be slick. ::)
thats how nas was going to spell nigger on that album, so dont call me a idiot you fucking cmw dickrider! wtf you know bout nas you dont even listen to any rap that aint coming out of the cpt!
The Boyz N Tha Hood Are Always Hard
But Some Times The Boyz Leave Tha Hood
And Roll With God....

Rest In Peace Eric (Eazy-E) Wright
1964-1995