Author Topic: Bellator 61: Middleweight tournament Quarterfinals  (Read 291 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Bellator 61: Middleweight tournament Quarterfinals
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2012, 06:10:50 PM »
Kimbo looked great striking against scrubs and most of Rogers wins were against scrubs but obviously Rogers striking isn't just random hay makers, How about a more fair comparison in Gilbert Yvel, before this he didn't look like much more than a striker, still looks that way but def put himself on the map with this win. I only saw his wins against Victor O'Donnell  & Ian Rammel. Rammel is a scrub but i will give him credit against O'Donnell who had a solid record up to then but obviously Vianna is on another level than either of those guys.

Now i know i seem totally negative on dude but i just haven't seen enough of him to say he is a beast, he is great on the feet but i don't see him on Falcaos level. i do hope that is the finals though. Would be a great striking battle.

I def see it between those 2 now. Rogers has easily put himself into the top of the middleweight ranks for Bellator.

Kimbo wasn't even fighting scrubs. He was fighting random people on the street who aren't even trained in fighting. The concept of him as some knockout artist is completely made up.

Btw I think its entirely possible a wrestler could own Rogers in the future. But Vianna ain't a wrestler and he's stood and traded in every fight I'd seen of his. That was a recipe for disaster. We hadn't seen enough of Vianna to be saying he was better than Rogers. And I'd seen enough of Rogers to know Vianna couldn't stand with him.