Author Topic: NBA MVP Race  (Read 3092 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Re: NBA MVP Race
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2012, 09:06:48 AM »
yeah Shaq was unguardable and the indisputable man on those 1999-2003 LAker teams

Kobe was a better Penny Hardaway

Sccit

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2012, 10:15:23 AM »
I just talk sports, NIK. This section is dead, you post idiotic things, so naturally that's why it appears I "go in" or whatever you want to call it.

You're just talking out of your ass because Kobe legitimately was out the door, on the way the Chicago before they ran & got him Pau. You're more pathetic than I thought if you want to debate that.

& LeBron is clearly the main man, hence why he's just about a lock for MVP or an extremely close second runner-up. You can passing the ball to a wide open teammate "gutless", which is just  further proof of how you're disgustingly on one man's dick to a level non-comprehensible  by a straight human being.

kobe pushed management to make adjustments, he forced the hand, and it was the right move. he didnt wanna waste his prime years starting alongside smush, luke, and kwame, and at the same time, he loved the lakers and living in LA. he wanted a contending team BUILT AROUND HIM. a little different than calling a couple superstars and sayin "yo, lets team up so we don't have to face eachother!"......and lebron is not gutless because of one play, u dumb kid. it's his whole persona, it's who he is.....u are LITERALLY the only homo in the world who has failed to acknowledge this, and thats not even an exaggeration. i'm willin to bet money u jerk it after each time u make a post about lebron, u fucking faggot. u got so mad about what i said about lebron in this thread that u even ran to my music thread and typed up a long essay about how everyone is dumb for liking my shit  lmfao. ur worthless, and the only mufucka co-signing u nowadays is an inbred lookin retard who +1's you on the hour because he thinks ur cute smfh.

Sccit

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2012, 10:17:56 AM »
nik also says kobe is an iron man

iron men don't miss 6 games and let the Clippers back within 1/2 game of the division lead

He's blind. He doesn't see what is right in front of him. Shaq made the Lakers nearly unbeatable. Shaq left, all Kobe could do was tell Shaq how his ass tasted. He got angry & told upper management, "I'm leaving if you don't set me up to win", they stole Pau, drafted "the next Wilt Chamberlain", the rest of the league was mediocre outside of Boston, who beat them. Then they used that same weakened league to beat the Magic easily. Then played the same older Celtics team without Perkins & scrapped one out in seven. Now the league's gotten way more competitive & SOMEHOW "the greatest roster ever, arguably better than the 3-peat Lakers" isn't even supposed to make it to the Conference Finals, let alone the NBA finals. But it was Kobe's "killer instinct" to just have a better roster than the rest of the league.

at this point, i wouldn't be surprised if even 7even is shakin' his head when he reads ur posts........

at least when crack says retarded shit, it's usually for shock value....the sad part about all this is that ur being 100% serious. damn.

Dikteta Dax

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2012, 10:34:22 AM »
Lebron is easily the best player in the league, but dude is not clutch at all.  Until he starts finishing important games then you cant put him in the same category as Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan, etc.

Remedy360

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2012, 11:27:25 AM »
and because lebron stays chokin' in 4th quarters....for a player of his caliber to have 3 mvp's would be a joke of epic proportions.

meanwhile Kobe only has 1 ;)

That shows how big of a joke the award really is. Any analyst will tell you that Kobe is one of the greatest of all time, yet they gave it to Steve Nash two years in a row.

yeah the same Steve Nash who elevated his teams to winning the west division when Kobe's teams were going 34-48 and 42-40

The award should go to the best player, Kobe was by far the best player in the league those two years. I've always liked Nash, but him winning two straight MVP's was a joke. Anyways, I think the MVP award is flawed all around, like in the MLB for example.

Sccit

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2012, 12:41:48 PM »
^exactly...the Finals MVP is for the best player on the best team. regular season MVP is just the best player in the league, and that one season when Kobe averaged 35+ ppg and was breaking records left and right shoulda hands-down been his, as well as the season following that. also, the Lakers were a 7th seed that year and suns were a 2nd. we were one rebound away from advancing in the playoffs over phoenix and were even up 3-1 in the series at one point, so it aint like they were on another echelon. shit, kobe single-handedly willed those teams to victories.. he was undeniably something else during those years.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2012, 02:54:48 PM »
steve nash was putting up 18 and 11 a game, right?  and his team was killing Kobes if I recall correctly

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2012, 03:21:07 PM »
^exactly...the Finals MVP is for the best player on the best team. regular season MVP is just the best player in the league, and that one season when Kobe averaged 35+ ppg and was breaking records left and right shoulda hands-down been his, as well as the season following that. also, the Lakers were a 7th seed that year and suns were a 2nd. we were one rebound away from advancing in the playoffs over phoenix and were even up 3-1 in the series at one point, so it aint like they were on another echelon. shit, kobe single-handedly willed those teams to victories.. he was undeniably something else during those years.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2012, 03:32:02 PM »
Na, son. There is no relation. Your anger here or about your music is just too precious to pass up on lol.

But lol @ you speculating on what Kobe meant when he said he wanted to leave. He wanted to play with players who can help him win. You used to say Pau was the best big man in basketball. But again, that's when he first got there, before you realized bigging up the entire Lakers roster was just a knock on Kobe. You're pathetic.

LeBron took a pay cut & took people like you trying to discredit his legacy over his move in order to win. Something we complain about every off season when guys like Pujols running to the highest bidder. Yet you think that's gutless. You're just a strange human being. Being locked up in your Jew castle your whole life has fucked with your senses of the average man's reality.

Remedy360

« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2012, 03:42:46 PM »
steve nash was putting up 18 and 11 a game, right?  and his team was killing Kobes if I recall correctly

LOL, Kobe's team sucked man. You guys always talk about how shitty LeBron's Cleveland supporting cast was, but those guys were all stars compared to the rest of the Lakers. And Jeremy Lin put up those numbers in D'antoni's system. Again, I like Nash, but dude wasn't even the best PG in the league.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2012, 03:51:06 PM »

LOL, Kobe's team sucked man. You guys always talk about how shitty LeBron's Cleveland supporting cast was, but those guys were all stars compared to the rest of the Lakers. And Jeremy Lin put up those numbers in D'antoni's system. Again, I like Nash, but dude wasn't even the best PG in the league.

Well they sucked because Kobe isn't very good when he doesn't have pieces around him. He's not a leader. He's a scorer. He needs those big men who create for themselves in the post. Where he doesn't have to set it up, he can just dump it in & let them go to work. You could give a Larry Bird or LeBron James or Magic Johnson just about anyone who can shoot pretty good & they'll win 50+ games. They can score & set up the most average pros to be in a position to score.

I mean, honestly, I'm like 5'9'', white with an above average jump shot. If I was in the NBA & the coach was like "Just go do what Kobe does" & took 30+ shots a game, i'd score 10 points. The fact Kobe is BY FAR taking the most shots in the league & is scoring a point more than Bron & Durant is a joke in itself.

Sccit

« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2012, 04:25:53 PM »
Na, son. There is no relation. Your anger here or about your music is just too precious to pass up on lol.

But lol @ you speculating on what Kobe meant when he said he wanted to leave. He wanted to play with players who can help him win. You used to say Pau was the best big man in basketball. But again, that's when he first got there, before you realized bigging up the entire Lakers roster was just a knock on Kobe. You're pathetic.

LeBron took a pay cut & took people like you trying to discredit his legacy over his move in order to win. Something we complain about every off season when guys like Pujols running to the highest bidder. Yet you think that's gutless. You're just a strange human being. Being locked up in your Jew castle your whole life has fucked with your senses of the average man's reality.

lol...a bunch of peeps commented on how my music was dope, and u were angry, but u didn't know what to say, so u let it go for 2 days. then, i shitted on lebron's killer instinct, once again, and out of rage, u RAN to my music thread to try and convince everyone who said it was dope that they were "fooled". lmfao. now THAT'S precious.

as for Kobe, like i said, he was tired of playing for a rebuilding team, and it was very understandable. those weren't contending teams, like LeBron's Cavs were. they were D-League level teams featuring Kobe. if you dont get why Kobe told management to get some better talent to surround him, then u are even dumber than you are gay (which i don't really think is possible). really, though, are u trollin? cuz no way some1 can be this fuckin stupid....i mean, it's obvious that hack trolls 24/7 and makes retarded ass comments to piss people off. but u say the exact same things he does, only you're being 100% serious. how confused are u about life? honestly, cham. u need to have a breakthrough, cuz ur headed nowhere fast if this is really the mindset u work with on a day to day basis. ONCE AGAIN, U ARE THE ONLY PERSON IN THE WORLD WHO HASN'T QUESTIONED LEBRON'S MENTALITY AND KILLER INSTICE. don't u feel lonely? even the biggest lebron jockriders and Heat fans have acknowledged that he pisses them off in clutch situations....i mean, if lebron died, would u stop jerkin it forever?

listen to the end of this show (starts at about 143 minutes in)

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/un0mic/2012/04/16/twz-radio--wcd-swakay-cut-the-checc-ent

they talkin about kobe-lebron-durant and even the lebron fan who was riding for lebron acknowledged how scary lebron gets in the clutch and was at a loss for words when everyone brought it up. i would love for ur gayass to call in next show and drop some "knowledge" dicksuckin lmfao. u will get laughed off, believeit.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2012, 05:02:41 PM »
This nigga wants to talk about "rage" when his longest responses to anyone are to me when I'm talking down about Kobe. I just kick the facts, my son & you just talk with your bias blinders on.

"Clutch" isn't real. I've stood by that. I can admit LeBron hasn't "stepped up" in those situations. But not by missing, by feeding a wide open Udonis Haslem to hit a shot he's made a career out of hitting.

If LeBron threw up that last second shot as often as Kobe...shit, if Tim Duncan threw up that last shot as often as Kobe he'd have more of those game tying three pointers he hit a few years back. At that point there is no "clutch", "nerves", no "skill". The defense is always going to guard the fuck out of the best player & when they get double teamed, it comes down to the play drawn by the coach. Kobe's play is "throw it up & since you shoot 40% from the field, we'll win almost half the time". LeBron's play is "Well...that guy over there is wide open, you're not really a pure jump shooter, but you can pass better than 98% of the point guards in this league".

More than half of your argument is "Yeah, Kobe's teamed sucked & he couldn't win, but LeBron isn't clutch & you're a dick rider". Quote me saying one "dickriding" thing here. LeBron is clearly the MVP, he did things with below average talent in Cleveland, his career will be defined by the playoffs & Kobe isn't a good leader & desperately needs big time talent in order to succeed, let alone win. You on the other hand just say "So jerk off to him. Kobe is the best." You're not really saying anything.

Bottom line, people will tell you Reggie Miller is the most clutch player ever...zero rings. Scoring last doesn't win you rings. It's dominating a game start to finish. He does it, you can't deny it. The only two instances ever where you can deny that is that Boston series in '08 & last year against the Mavericks.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2012, 06:01:34 PM »

Well they sucked because Kobe isn't very good when he doesn't have pieces around him. He's not a leader. He's a scorer. He needs those big men who create for themselves in the post. Where he doesn't have to set it up, he can just dump it in & let them go to work. You could give a Larry Bird or LeBron James or Magic Johnson just about anyone who can shoot pretty good & they'll win 50+ games. They can score & set up the most average pros to be in a position to score.

I mean, honestly, I'm like 5'9'', white with an above average jump shot. If I was in the NBA & the coach was like "Just go do what Kobe does" & took 30+ shots a game, i'd score 10 points. The fact Kobe is BY FAR taking the most shots in the league & is scoring a point more than Bron & Durant is a joke in itself.

shoot good? lebron? and if I'm not mistaken magic wasn't known for his J either.

anyways, hell no, no way any superstar  can get 50+wins in "THAT ERA"  with smush, kwame, walton, and (insert whack big man here [i.e. chris mihms]).

everybody else in the league had a better lineup/ team in those years

phoenix(nash, stout, bell, diaw), golden state(davis, cap jack, ellis, harrington), new orleans(cp3 and friends), dallas (dirk and friends), houston(yao, alston, mcgrady), san antonio (the trio), denver (AI, Carmelo), Cleveland (lebron and friends), detroit ( the solid 4 there), miami (shaq, wade), jersey (kidd, VC, richard jefferson, k-mart),  wizards (agent 0, jamison, butler),

shit i think i remember sacromento having a better team than us depth wise when ron was on their team also.

hell no they wouldn't of done better than kobe, its the same shit. the fact is KWAME WAS SCARED TO DUNK AN OPEN BASKET, there nothing that magic's physics defying passes would done to help kwame dunk.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/UDePWJeWW9g" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/UDePWJeWW9g</a>

lol lebron had a much better team, my god. its funny as fuck when the cavs were playing the regular season getting the best standings in the ECF sometimes the whole league and say "this team is the best" "their deep" "best team in the NBA" "their going to win it all" "nobody can beat them"
"their going to smash on the lakers"

and as soon as they lose in the playoffs its all of a sudden "he needs help" "their not deep" "his team sucks". I'm not saying its anyone on here, but that basically is what the media did, and a lot of bandwagon fans bought into. mother fucekrs that do that don't know 2 shits about basketball.

did i say any of that sort? change my views 180 and change up last year? no I've just addressed what has been addressed all season, we needed to upgrade our PG position and get younger. i don't make excuses for my lakers, they didnt perform like the best team in the NBA should so they came up short.

i don tmake excuses that they weren't "deep enough" they are, and so were the cavs (at least to make it to the finals) except lebron wasn't good enough. he couldn't make it out of the weak eastern conference during those peak years, and a few shots down the stretch in certain clutch moments would of gotten him out (which obviously some other great players would make kobe, bill ups, MJ, nash, any other clutch star down the stretch)

lol its a joke to say magic or bird or mj would of been that successful with that horrible lakers team. those years were horrible just utterly horrible.

and for the bold part, you obviously don't watch ANY lakers basketball AT ALL. and it just astounds me how you can even say a statement like that.

theres a reason why he takes so many shots, because he has to bail them out most of the time. either everyones just watching kobe having him do something, or pau and andrew is late getting into post position.

when pau and andrew are late getting to post positions and waste time in the clock, its basically set up for kobe to take a bail out shot. so u can't blame it on kobe. pau and andrew get late, get into post position, gets doubled or gets out of post position, and theres no time to repost. thus kobe taking the shot,  lol sometimes pau and andrew don't even try to repost. drew has actually changed over the course of the season, because if he wants to score, he better hustle back to the other end of the floor after playing D.

and of course, watching kobe waiting him for him to do something, only person that doesnt do that is matt barnes and now andrew, but other guys even pau sometimes get stuck doing that.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2012, 06:38:43 PM »
I read about half of that. I'll comment on what I did read.

1. I didn't say those guys were know for their shot. I said if they were alone & had players around them who could shoot, they'd be okay. Because those guys knew when they had to operate & when they could set up somebody to be in an ideal spot to score.

2. Why did you name all those teams & "friends" of the star? It doesn't matter. Kobe Bryant, "best player of all-time, better than MJ" should do a little better than .500. You named some mediocre ass teams who "the greatest scorer of all-time" should be able to beat those teams. And don't give me some "well, teams knew who was going to shoot" because LeBron was alone against the Spurs in the Finals & you consider that a "choke"...somehow lol.

3. I don't remember anyone at all saying how the Cavs were deep. But that's kind of a stupid argument because he was more than deep enough against the Mavericks & they didn't win. NIK has turned this on LeBron James, but I'm not really speaking on LeBron at all in this thread outside about responding to NIK who couldn't handle me downplaying Kobe...I've been talking about Kobe. You all just spin it to a LeBron argument because you Laker fans get so damn angry when I downplay Kobe. I know LeBron didn't play up to par in the Finals. This isn't really about him though outside that he hands down deserves the MVP this year. Other than that, it's really a conversation about Kobe you niggas just can't accept.

4. LOL, this nigga wants to sit here & say "Well, these guys said Kobe didn't have a good team & those guys said LeBron's Cav deep was the deepest team in the league & Kobe said Kwamye Brown sucks". Well EVERYBODY & their mother in the media talks about how Kobe doesn't get Bynum or Pau involved at all, takes them out of rhythm, but you're going to sit here & tell me you see something professional analysts aren't seeing. "People saying things" about LeBron are spot on 100% of the time, right? But then Kobe gets brought up & those guys are fucking morons, right? lol. Skip Bayless, who you probably quote daily on your Twitter updates when he says LeBron has no clutch gene & should be on the bench the last five minutes of games is spot on there, but dead wrong & just flat out blind when he says Kobe fails to get them involved for the team to see it's full potential lol.

I mean, you're going to say that with a straight face, that Kobe has to "bail them out", when he's 0-15 shooting & Bynum hasn't even attempted his 4th shot of the game yet lol. It's beyond insanity the defense responses that come out of Laker fans mouths.