Author Topic: NBA Playoffs Thread 2012  (Read 258 times)

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
NBA Playoffs Thread 2012
« on: May 01, 2012, 02:28:15 PM »
discuss and say who you think is going to advance past the series (since i don't see a playoff thread)

West:

1. Spurs vs Jazz: Spurs, i haven't watched their 1st game, lol considering how bland both teams are, i slept in, but i saw giniboli had a couple highlights. but this is a no brainer, no too interested because not only are their teams bland, its a given, utah is just lucky to be in the playoffs, and they should feel accomplished that they made it with that roster.

2. Thunders vs Mavericks: Thunders, the  games have been close, but the Mavs needed a win in game 2, i say thunders are going to be the winners, obviously, but Mavs protecting their home court and advancing isn't impossible, just very very unlikely.

3. Lakers vs Nuggets: Lakers, the nuggets have a good team, all around, kind of reminds you of that 08 trailblazers but without a brandon roy, similar to memphis but without a borderline superstar rudy gay, kinda like the pacers. these teams are scary, but not to a team like the lakers.

4. Grizzlies vs Clippers: Undecided, although grizzlies are my boys (besides the lakers) and i've been rooting of them on the side since 09, because i always thought they were very talented and had a dope ass roster with depth in every position, clippers i've felt they were going to playoff contention every since they we're going to pair eric gordon, baron davis, blake griffin and kaman. but they changed plans later on and got cp3, good for them. clippers are deep, but they lack playoff experience, guys like nick young, foye, griffin are nervous as it showed during the first half of the 1st game. i would't favor the clippers over the grizzlies if they had bill ups  but id say it'll give them better chances of getting out of the 1st and advancing towards the conference finals.
but yea they got game 1, which was a surprise, i still have a feeling grizzlies will take it, but with that game 1 upset, i just really don't know now.

East:

1. Bulls vs 76ers: Bulls, i had my doubts when rose got out, but they still played very well throughout the season without rose so i give them that. and the 76ers offense looked very stagnant, no smooth flow, and almost all jumpshots, if they continue with that trend this series is more than over. but with rose out it makes the series more winnable for them, but still a long shot.

2. Heat vs Knicks: Heat, embarrassing 1st game, horrible, no team chemistry no good clean flow, 2nd game was at work, but from the score, and amare punching the glass and cutting his hand like a dumbfuck, pretty much explains everything, and stout is out for game 3. this is a given, pathetic effort by new york, it makes you wonder, if they kept D'Antoni and made the playoffs, would they still be getting beat silly in this series?

3. Pacers vs Magic: Pacers, game 1 was a surprise, no doubt, for a FACTION not even a split A FRACTION of a second i was like "hmmm" but reality quickly sinks in and with no howard and not a 100% jammer nelson, its more than a longshot with pacers having a full healthy roster with the exception of collision (which i think they would of just sept the Magic if he was there) pacers are too deep, and game 2 brought everything back to the normal balance as they won them by double digits. Pacers aren't going to lose, but i can hardly say that with the confidence if it were the Spurs, Lakers, Heat, or Thunder in their position. if they do let go of this series, thats just pathetic. might want to think about rebuilding if they lose this year and the next year.

4. Celtics vs Hawks: Celtics, yea they lost the first game, yea they lost rondo for game 2, but this celtics team is built for the playoffs, and the hawks isn't completely healthy with horford out, and kirk hinrich what the hell happened to him i don't even know if he's playing. but its the celtics and its the thunders,  u know both of these teams, they've been around without too much change. celtics can lose game 2, but u know damn well they can come back to this series and beat the hawks. if it were any team to this in the east, it would be the celtics, this is their last run with the old big 3, their gonna play hard.

edit: plz for the love of god, do not ruin this thread and make into a beef thread.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 02:33:01 PM by LooN3y »

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Sccit

Re: NBA Playoffs Thread 2012
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 04:51:09 PM »

Spurs over Jazz in 5

Thunder over Mavs in 6

Lakers sweep Nuggets

Grizzlies over Clippers in 7

------

Bulls over Sixers in 7

Heat over Knicks in 5

Pacers over Magic in 6

Celtics over Hawks in 7

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 05:25:58 PM »
Spurs over Jazz in 5
Thunder over Mavs in 5
Lakers over Nuggets in 5
Clippers over Grizzlies in 6

Bulls over Sixers in 5
Heat over Knicks in 4
Pacers over Magic in 6
Celtics over Hawks in 7
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 05:37:29 PM by Teddy Roosevelt »

The Watcher

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 04:03:25 AM »
Spurs over Jazz in 5
Thunder sweep Mavs
Lakers sweep Nuggets
Clippers over Grizzlies in 7

Sixers over Bulls in 7
Heat sweep Knicks
Pacers over Magic in 5
Celtics over Hawks in 6
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Sccit

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 02:36:11 AM »

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 03:04:58 AM »
The Eastern Conference has been a joke for a decade + , 2/3 good to great teams , the rest wouldn't beat the West 7th or 8th seed in a playoffs series ... Heat will easily go to the Finals to face Spurs , Thunder or Lakers...  it's time to change the format ( the league will never do this though)

Heat, Bulls, Celtics and Pacers will advance in the East

Lakers, Spurs, Thunder, Grizz in the West

Get ready for the classic Game 3 homemade reffing in order to extend the series for money purposes ( Jazz -Spurs, Nuggets-Lakers, Knicks Heat and Mavs Thunder )

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 06:04:49 PM »
The Eastern Conference has been a joke for a decade + , 2/3 good to great teams , the rest wouldn't beat the West 7th or 8th seed in a playoffs series ... Heat will easily go to the Finals to face Spurs , Thunder or Lakers...  it's time to change the format ( the league will never do this though)

Heat, Bulls, Celtics and Pacers will advance in the East

Lakers, Spurs, Thunder, Grizz in the West

Get ready for the classic Game 3 homemade reffing in order to extend the series for money purposes ( Jazz -Spurs, Nuggets-Lakers, Knicks Heat and Mavs Thunder )

the knicks series is so horrible, who would want to extend that?

but i would love to see thunder and mavs go to game 7.

both games were close, wow what a lucky shot KD hit, god that was crazy.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 09:01:12 PM »
Spurs over Jazz
Thunder over Mavs
Lakers over Nuggets
Grizzlies over Clippers

Sixers over Bulls
Heat over Knicks
Pacers over Magic
Hawks over Celtics