Author Topic: G. Dep sentenced to 15 years in prison for two-decade old shooting  (Read 757 times)

Sccit

Re: G. Dep sentenced to 15 years in prison for two-decade old shooting
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2012, 11:48:10 AM »

Regardless of your feelings towards the police, you do the crime, you do the time, you take away a person's life, especially in cold blood, then you get punished. He was never punished, therefore he has not been able to make peace with himself. This punishment could either come in the form of a death sentence (which I am not a fan of) or jail. So no, it aint dumb, clearly this is not a decision he has taken lightly and like I said it is obviously something which has haunted him so the only way of making things right was confess. I say that I can respect and any one that can't respect that is a complete idiot and anyone who suggests it's petty to jail someone for murder is just...well not worth addressing.

Point is, doing time in a man-mad prison is not a way to get forgiveness from God..... He did what he did, whether he serves time or not. The way to get right is to pray and ask God for forgiveness. Spending time with God is more valuable than spending time in prison. Confessing to the law does not equate to confessing to God.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2012, 03:54:33 PM »
Well i'm glad g. dep had remorse.  I stopped listening to his songs when I read that story.  Main songs I liiked were everyday & child of the ghetto.  Sick & tired of loser criminals robbing someone & still shooting them dead  >:(  Wish other losers gave themselves up after doing such heinous crimes, well mainly wish they never did crimes at all.

Dep didn't even know he had killed the guy. 

He walked into confess he had shot someone and then was told the guy had died after the confession.
I think I remember reading that part whereever I read it. 

jaytee

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2012, 11:10:54 PM »
Damn, I didn't know about this. 

It's true that he could have turned his life around since the time of the crime and that would be a good thing for G-Dep personally.  At the same time, the person that lost his life is not coming back. For that there is a debt to pay.  I'm glad he turned himself in and has taken responsibility for his actions whether it's considered stupid or not.