Author Topic: Expression rappers should stop using..  (Read 674 times)

Don Seer

Re:Expression rappers should stop using..
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2003, 06:36:10 AM »
btw... saying "god" is played out is ignorant. members of the 5% nation call each other 'god' .. so your dissin their faith.

bez

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2003, 07:36:15 AM »
btw... saying "god" is played out is ignorant. members of the 5% nation call each other 'god' .. so your dissin their faith.

Yup, whos bothered like.  Its just a word at the end of the day.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2003, 09:29:51 AM »
I think 5%ers calling each other God is ok, if others do it just to follow a trend it's stupid. From what I know 5%ers believe that, because black man was first, he can be refered to as god (I've read that somewhere) and that's why they say it.

As for the rest of this played out slang shit, there's some expressions I'm tired off too, the izzle shit needs to be dropped, rhyming izzle with izzle is lame as fuck.  

Don Seer

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2003, 09:59:31 AM »
^ fo sheezy  ;D

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2003, 10:54:14 AM »
I agree, the izzle crap is extreamly lame, im just sick and tired of it.  Also "dun" and "son" being said continiously in a song is annnoying, I mean once or twice its ok.  I also think "mothafucka" , clamin to be "Gangsta" when u aint, sayin "nigga" over n over, smoking and fucking bitches is gettin old and repetive.

-{bLaDe}
« Last Edit: February 10, 2003, 10:54:44 AM by .:[b L a D e]:. »
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Jome

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2003, 04:53:17 PM »

Then we're all gods then..  :P
The word lost all meaning.

bLaDe is on point.

Trauma-san

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2003, 07:24:38 PM »
Hmmm.  I think Boo definately comes from "beau" because it's pronounced almost identically, plus, it's used as a term to refer to a boyfriend, which is exactly what beau means.  The only screw up is when a guy calls a girl that.  I looked it up just now on dictionary.com, and it says this

3 entries found for beau.
beau    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (b)
n. pl. beaus or beaux (bz)
The boyfriend of a woman or girl.
A dandy; a fop.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[French, from beau, bel, handsome, from Latin bellus. See deu-2 in Indo-European Roots.]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it definately only refers to a boyfriend, not a girlfriend.  The French equivalent to Beau is Belle... Beau/Belle.  You Can use Beau to refer to an object as being beautiful, and you're right, most of the objects are masculine, but when referring to a person, the correct term for a girl would be Belle.  

IT IRRRKKSSS MEEEEEEE, especially since hip-hop is so homophobic, and they're all running around calling their women their boyfriend.  

Don Seer

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2003, 02:23:39 AM »
thats beau not boo... totally different....
i cant find a single website that backs up your claim.

all i've found is a few ebonics dictionaries which say

boo : a term of endearment

boo is like baby.. they're interchangeable

also see this page... http://www.yaelf.com/toe.shtml

BOO.. gets a B classification.. for Both :)
whereas BEAU gets a M classification for male....

and lmao at some of these.. i'd never call my boo "crumpet" or "poontang" or "poppet" or "tootsie-wootsy" haha

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2003, 04:04:06 AM »
Back in tha day... Instead of sayin "That's my Boo"... they'd say "my Baby Boo"... after a while, it kinda caught on and they shortened it up to just "Boo".

Ay Yo!... I feel like slappin every rapper that starts off a verse with those two words... Ay Yo! Ay Yo! Ay Yo!...

I agree on that God shit... I alwayz thought that was corny... That's partly why I can't stand Ghostface... but it makes sense now that you're sayin it's a 5%er thing.. alotta rappers are down with that.

I think tha 2Pac, Biggie and tha dead rapper references are coo'... it keeps their Memory alive. Especially Pun and Big L references... Mausberg too, since it's mostly his own camp doing those... it's a personal thing.

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

Don Seer

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2003, 04:11:50 AM »
^ references are cool... becoming a 2pac remix factory like no limit + murder inc stucks.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2003, 11:21:20 PM »
Saying "Nigga" every other word sounds ignorant as fuck...They just need to quit with that shit...And next time I hear the words "Bling Bling", I am going to shoot myself in the ear...PeACe

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2003, 12:38:53 AM »
Gangsta...that word has been raped

Thug/Thugged Out...raped

any expression that talks about ur time in prison...cuz like Ice-T says...a gangsta brags about the time hes spent outside...not in

all Tupac/B.I.G./Big L/Big Pun/Eazy E refrences...let em rest already

Yeah

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2003, 02:45:13 AM »

and lmao at some of these.. i'd never call my boo "crumpet" or "poontang" or "poppet" or "tootsie-wootsy" haha

Hahaha, "crumpet". I could do with one of them now, Mmmm.  ;D

"Fa Sho" is getting a bit played now, much like the izzle dizzle fizzle's.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

bez

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2003, 03:15:59 PM »
Saying "Nigga" every other word sounds ignorant as fuck...They just need to quit with that shit...And next time I hear the words "Bling Bling", I am going to shoot myself in the ear...PeACe

bling bling!

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2003, 04:24:55 PM »
^^ lol