Author Topic: Pacquiao-Bradley Discussion  (Read 116 times)

DeeezNuuuts83

Pacquiao-Bradley Discussion
« on: May 14, 2012, 05:39:14 PM »
It's not the fight we've been waiting for, but with whatever criticisms that people have had of Manny's past opponents, Bradley is at least fresh, young fighter without a single loss on his resume, so it's something new.

That being said, I think Manny will win by KO as long as he brings his A-game, which should be the case since he had admitted that he had cut down on certain conditioning activities in his past two fights.  Bradley is good, but he swings really wide (just watch the HBO highlights of Bradley-Alexander on YouTube to see) and doesn't seem to punch hard, especially with fewer than half of his wins being by KO.

Sikotic™

Re: Pacquiao-Bradley Discussion
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 06:29:33 PM »
Bradley can't do shit with a subpar fighter so what in the hell is he gonna do with Manny?

I won't even waste my time stealing this fight.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Javii

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 06:26:26 PM »
The only way Bradley wins is by KO, and since he's not even a power puncher this is impossible. It leaves his head as his best weapon.

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 10:49:44 AM »
no way they let bradley win...it would destroy the ongoing build-up for mayweather-pacquiao

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 11:53:55 AM »
The only way Bradley wins is by KO, and since he's not even a power puncher this is impossible. It leaves his head as his best weapon.
Haha yeah... only when you watch Bradley's HBO highlights on YouTube do you realize how many people feel the wrath of that noggin of his.  I think at least four or five guys had been headbutted pretty hard by him.  Devon Alexander got hit, but he was a fucking pussy about it, particularly once the doctor was looking at him (and it's funny when he talks about his eye having been hit, but in the re-plays, it was the other eye that got hit, not the one he was complaining about).  It was worse than NBA players when they exaggerate getting fouled.

no way they let bradley win...it would destroy the ongoing build-up for mayweather-pacquiao
Yeah, but it's something halfway decent to watch in the meantime since it's someone new.  His realistic options remaining are limited since he's fought everyone else people would care to see him fight.  The other options were mediocre:

1.  Marquez IV - too soon for the re-match, plus people might already be tired of seeing them fight and may not want another fight of it being a razor-thin victory
2.  Cotto II - not much demand for a re-match, considering how Manny kicked his ass, plus Cotto doesn't seem to want to go back down to 147
3.  Peterson - not well-known at all and had to do the Khan re-match anyway