Author Topic: Who else thinks that Pro Evo Soccer 2 was a disappointment?  (Read 272 times)

On The Edge of Insanity

Who else thinks that Pro Evo Soccer 2 was a disappointment?
« on: February 09, 2003, 12:51:34 PM »
I have owned every single Iss, Pro Evolution Soccer game released on the PS and PS2 and I have to say that I think the series is starting to go downhill. All of the PS versions got steadily better for the most part, although taking away the curved spriting for Iss Pro Evolution 2, and the final two PS games was a mistake. The first one on the PS2 was extremely dope, and although it did take a while to get used to, it ended up being just as addictive as the previous versions. However, Pro Evo 2 has disappointed me loads. I played it for about a month thinking that in the end I would start to love it, but it just hasn't happened. The gap between the better and worse teams is far too wide, and some players are just so good that it is almost impossible to tackle them. That, coupled with the fact that the defense just stands in a line parallel with the penalty spot means that the game just becomes and casing of twisting and turning on the edge of the box until you can get a shot in which the defense is too far back to block most of the time. This isn't what real football is like, and it is certainly not how previous Pro Evo games have played. Don't get me wrong, it is still miles better than pussy ass Fifa 2003, but they really are going to have to make some major improvements for the next game or I am seriously considering not buying the next version.

bez

Re:Who else thinks that Pro Evo Soccer 2 was a disappointment?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2003, 01:15:12 PM »
i think its dope.

verbalassaulta

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2003, 02:38:32 PM »
soccer zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

min0rity

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2003, 03:52:53 PM »
soccer zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

your mama zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Jome

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2003, 06:35:58 PM »
Intelligent replies, LoL..

I find Pro 2 to be a small notch better than Pro 1.
Pro 2 sorted out some flaws & issues with Pro 1, but it wasn't the big leap forward that some might except..
However, it's more entertaining than the first, and the football-feel is better as the pitch is now more realistic.. The field on Pro 1 was too small, and Pro 2 made it bigger and easier to play.
I see most game-sites give Pro 1 a average score of 95%, and that's also what Pro 2 got.. and everybody was expecting a little more than this..
But remember.. the leap from ISS'98 to ISS'00 wasn't that big neither..

min0rity

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2003, 06:49:16 PM »
all this talk has just got me hyped up for the winning eleven....i hope they got some good club teams in there, and those motherfuckers better not fuck up players ratings like FIFA always do and have the RIGHT roster for the club/national teams...FUCK FIFA!!!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2003, 06:49:56 PM by ANTI-racist »