Author Topic: Dope Up And Coming Producer - Red Spyda aka Rush!!  (Read 488 times)

Kamal

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re:Dope Up And Coming Producer - The New Alchemist??..
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2003, 06:37:54 AM »

+ Notorious B.I.G. Feat. 50 Cent & Eminem - We The Realest (Remix) -> Dope

Peace

He produced that too ??
And the remix and the O.G. have the same beat, don't they ?
Yeah O.G. & Remix have the same beat .

In New York on Wednesday night, Miami producer Red Spyda, who made the beat for the track, recalled how the song came together. "We was in [the studio] in Miami and 50 was eating chicken. He heard the beat, when he heard Tupac's part, he dropped his fork and was like, 'Is the mic on?' and went right in." Spyda, who also produced the beat for the 50 Cent/Notorious B.I.G. collabo, "The Realest Niggaz", said that he and Whoo Kid lobbied to get the song officially released but ran up against opposition from Tupac's mother, Afeni Shakur. "We tried to do a deal, but a lot of politics [got] in the way," Spyda said. "I don't care. It's gonna drop. The streets are gonna be happy, so I'm good." Red Spyda, who named himself after his favourite cartoon character, Spider-Man, said the streets are going to stay elated because he plans to release more unreleased verses from B.I.G. and Tupac. "I have more unheard Biggie songs," said Spyda, who obtains his rare vocals through both legitimate and "sneaky" methods. "I have one with him and Mase nobody has ever heard... [This winter] we're going to do a limited-edition mixtape," Spyda said. "All classic rhymes by the illest hip-hop artists ever to touch the ground: Nas, Jay-Z, Big, Pac — the ones everybody knows. I'm gonna build my beats around [the vocals]. It's gonna be a street tape. That's gonna be the next project."

Peace
« Last Edit: April 02, 2003, 06:39:06 AM by T.K. »

KVB

Re:Dope Up And Coming Producer - Red Spyda aka Rush!!
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2003, 11:50:47 AM »
Yeah he's good, those tracks he produced on the Whoo Kid mixtape were dope...

BTW, he produced "We Live (Danger)" for Royce Da 5'9''. This song was on his Rock City LP, at least the European version. You could add that one to the list... peace.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2003, 11:51:23 AM by KVB »

Jome

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2003, 06:35:40 PM »
Nice KVB & T.K...
Both the Royce track & Biggie/50-track is HEAT..

Red Spyda for pres., expect him in this bitch!!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2003, 06:36:27 PM by Golden Jome »

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2003, 07:26:48 PM »
Things done changed.  It used to be easy to pinpoint a producer's hometown by ther style of their beats.  Take Miami's Red Spyda, for instance.  As the man behind 50 Cent's posthumous collaboration with Notorious B.I.G., "The Realest Niggas", Red Spyda managed to create a straight-up street banger that bungeed onto a national level without any distinct regional flavor.

The 27-year old producer learned how to play bass at the age of seven and later moved onto ther guitar and keyboard.  Bouncing from home as a teenager, Red spent much of his time in studios rubbing shoulders with MIA heavy-weights like Uncle Luke and Trick Daddy (he produced "Ain't No Santa" from Trick's latest LP, Thug Holiday).  Spyda got his foot in ther door after a friend introduced him to New York-based DJ Stretch Armstrong, who in turn signd Red to his production company, Stretch Music.  With beats for Eminem and Royce Da 5'9" ("Rock City") as well as DMX and 2Pac collabos with 50 Cent on deck, Spyda seems positioned to have his tracks bangin' in every hood.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2003, 07:27:58 PM »
I don't have the time to post up the Q&A right now.  Hopefully I'll get it here on Saturday.

Dip Set Movementarian 4 Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2003, 04:06:42 PM »
He's nothin special...

Jome

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2003, 11:28:01 PM »
As I predicted.. Red Spyda growing bigger and bigger.. list looking more and more impressive the more you dig into it..  8)

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2003, 05:23:42 AM »
Be shure to check out Royce da 5`9`s new lp " death is certain" when it drops in september...lots of red spyda on dat

Jome

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2003, 08:39:28 PM »
And also gonna remix a track for Daz..  8)
Watch this cat blow the fuck up..

Blood Rain

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • flesh of my flesh, my blood is life
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2003, 07:42:50 AM »
red spyda is gonna be bomb i cant wait 8)