Author Topic: Jordan never took tough shots the way Kobe does...  (Read 3169 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Jordon never took tough shots the way Kobe does...
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2012, 05:35:49 PM »
Kobe wasn't expected to be one of the greats when he was drafted 13th overall by the Hornets, and traded for Vlade Divac...he was a project, and a back-up. He built his way up as opposed to being handed an entire franchise. thats why i say its two different scenarios...jordan had time to build his individual stats and accolades when he first came in the league, while Kobe was just tryna build his way up to starting status, and then, eventually, being considered the franchise player. two completely different positions coming into the NBA.

cmon nigga, youre acting as if kobe was just your regular nigga getting traded for bum ass divac. back in the day it wasnt normal to come straight out of highschool as some uneducated ass nigga, plus kobe was a diva and bitch even back then and told other teams he will only play for the lakers like the pretentious bitch he was and still is. nigga was  voted to be an all-star when he was basically still on the bench. sick shit.

and wasnt the 69 point jordan game in overtime? i cant really remember for sure, but kobe scored 81 in regulation...imagine how much that coulda been had the game gone into overtime.

don't get all fake-excited lmfao. you know god damn well that the main reason why kobe scored so much was that raptors sucked major ass and he just wanted to score for the sake of scoring, not for the sake of winning the game. if the opposing team had been good enough to force OT, no way he would have scored that easily. so basically, OT is more impressive, as it implies that the other team was worth a shit.

if the reduce scoring to plain shooting ability and ignore vital parts such as shot selection and bullying oneself into position, then yes, kobe was better. but that's not what scoring really is. if scoring was just about having stroke and range along with the ability to slash and hit FTs, durant could eclipse kobe as "the greatest scorer of all-time" handily. and you and i know you don't reckon that's gonna happen now do you..?

lmao...shows how much u know. the raptors were beating the lakers well into the 3rd quarter in that game, and the game went down to the wire. if it didn't, phil woulda sat kobe, like he did in the 4th quarter of the game where he score 64 points in 3 quarters vs the mavs.

nigga, i trash ya ass regarding several aspects and you nitpick the one thing you have to say shit about and pretend it's all about that, like that would dismiss anything else including shit that isn't even related. skip bayless status.
regardless, a game won by 18 points is NOT EQUIVALENT TO AN OT GAME AGAINST A MUCH MUCH MORE COMPETITIVE OPPONENT, FUCK. down the wire my ass. towards the end of the game, the fat lady sung big time. raptors didn't bother to D. yet kobe shot like a motherfucker when he had no business to be in the game. disrespectful shit. if he had done such a thing against a proud team with thugs on, he would have been smacked hard for it.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Sccit

« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2012, 06:50:31 PM »
Kobe wasn't expected to be one of the greats when he was drafted 13th overall by the Hornets, and traded for Vlade Divac...he was a project, and a back-up. He built his way up as opposed to being handed an entire franchise. thats why i say its two different scenarios...jordan had time to build his individual stats and accolades when he first came in the league, while Kobe was just tryna build his way up to starting status, and then, eventually, being considered the franchise player. two completely different positions coming into the NBA.

cmon nigga, youre acting as if kobe was just your regular nigga getting traded for bum ass divac. back in the day it wasnt normal to come straight out of highschool as some uneducated ass nigga, plus kobe was a diva and bitch even back then and told other teams he will only play for the lakers like the pretentious bitch he was and still is. nigga was  voted to be an all-star when he was basically still on the bench. sick shit.

and wasnt the 69 point jordan game in overtime? i cant really remember for sure, but kobe scored 81 in regulation...imagine how much that coulda been had the game gone into overtime.

don't get all fake-excited lmfao. you know god damn well that the main reason why kobe scored so much was that raptors sucked major ass and he just wanted to score for the sake of scoring, not for the sake of winning the game. if the opposing team had been good enough to force OT, no way he would have scored that easily. so basically, OT is more impressive, as it implies that the other team was worth a shit.

if the reduce scoring to plain shooting ability and ignore vital parts such as shot selection and bullying oneself into position, then yes, kobe was better. but that's not what scoring really is. if scoring was just about having stroke and range along with the ability to slash and hit FTs, durant could eclipse kobe as "the greatest scorer of all-time" handily. and you and i know you don't reckon that's gonna happen now do you..?

lmao...shows how much u know. the raptors were beating the lakers well into the 3rd quarter in that game, and the game went down to the wire. if it didn't, phil woulda sat kobe, like he did in the 4th quarter of the game where he score 64 points in 3 quarters vs the mavs.

nigga, i trash ya ass regarding several aspects and you nitpick the one thing you have to say shit about and pretend it's all about that, like that would dismiss anything else including shit that isn't even related. skip bayless status.
regardless, a game won by 18 points is NOT EQUIVALENT TO AN OT GAME AGAINST A MUCH MUCH MORE COMPETITIVE OPPONENT, FUCK. down the wire my ass. towards the end of the game, the fat lady sung big time. raptors didn't bother to D. yet kobe shot like a motherfucker when he had no business to be in the game. disrespectful shit. if he had done such a thing against a proud team with thugs on, he would have been smacked hard for it.

obviously, u didnt watch the game...the big lead came in the last 2 minutes, when kobe sat. and most of your points are moot, so they dont really require a response. like u claimin jordan's shot selection was better, when i already addressed that. 1.kobe doesnt have a team built around him like jordan did, so he doesnt have the same luxuries as far as shot selection. 2.players with more range will take tougher shots, hence the appearance of a lower shot selection. would u say shaq had a much better shot selection than jordan? like i said, i already addressed these points. not my fault if u missed it the first time around.

Mietek23

« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2012, 02:38:47 AM »
obviously, u didnt watch the game...the big lead came in the last 2 minutes, when kobe sat. and most of your points are moot, so they dont really require a response. like u claimin jordan's shot selection was better, when i already addressed that. 1.kobe doesnt have a team built around him like jordan did, so he doesnt have the same luxuries as far as shot selection. 2.players with more range will take tougher shots, hence the appearance of a lower shot selection. would u say shaq had a much better shot selection than jordan? like i said, i already addressed these points. not my fault if u missed it the first time around.

You still blaming everything on RANGE, yet even if you exclude Kobe 3-point shots - he still has LOWER FG% than Jordan. What does that tell you? That his efficiency ain't quite as good as Jordan's. RANGE is one thing, SHOT SELECTION is another. Michael was more athletic than Kobe, he had bigger body and was stronger - that's why he was able to hold his position in the post and create better shot opportunities for himself, while Kobe who is obviously not that strong physically, is forced by the defenders to go outside and jack toughter shots. THAT'S ONE.

Another thing is, using his teamates to create better shots for yourself. They both played under the same system and MJ was more efficient under Triangle Offense and scored a lot easier, because he led The Triangle Offense work for him, while Kobe just continues to take toughter shots as his teammates will just stand around and watch him do that. Kobe was also very passive without the ball most of the time in Triangle and it seems to me that he never learn or been willing to learn how to make the offense and feeding his teamates work for him. Jordan started his career that way, but he evetually figured it out throughout Phil and Tex - that's why he could scored a lot easier than Kobe.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 02:51:36 AM by Mietek23 »

Sccit

« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2012, 12:50:57 PM »

You still blaming everything on RANGE, yet even if you exclude Kobe 3-point shots - he still has LOWER FG% than Jordan. What does that tell you? That his efficiency ain't quite as good as Jordan's. RANGE is one thing, SHOT SELECTION is another. Michael was more athletic than Kobe, he had bigger body and was stronger - that's why he was able to hold his position in the post and create better shot opportunities for himself, while Kobe who is obviously not that strong physically, is forced by the defenders to go outside and jack toughter shots. THAT'S ONE.

Another thing is, using his teamates to create better shots for yourself. They both played under the same system and MJ was more efficient under Triangle Offense and scored a lot easier, because he led The Triangle Offense work for him, while Kobe just continues to take toughter shots as his teammates will just stand around and watch him do that. Kobe was also very passive without the ball most of the time in Triangle and it seems to me that he never learn or been willing to learn how to make the offense and feeding his teamates work for him. Jordan started his career that way, but he evetually figured it out throughout Phil and Tex - that's why he could scored a lot easier than Kobe.

Range doesn't only include three point field goals.. It also includes shots right inside the three point line. Jordan's signature shot was from about 15-17 feet, while Kobe's signature pull up is from right inside the three point line. And Jordan was not bigger than Kobe lol, he only has bigger hands. Let's not forget, Kobe has great post skills, as well, and probably even better footwork than Jordan.

And again, Kobe has never had the luxury of playing with a facilitator/point forward like Pippen on the perimeter. Do you realize that the best point guard Kobe has played with was Derek fisher, and the best small forward was an out-of-prime glen rice. Not exactly the best players to help create shots for u, if u know what I mean. Pippen was a playmaker. Kobe never had the opportunity to play with someone like Pippen. How u fail to realize this is not surprising, but still weakens your credibility.

Mietek23

« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2012, 02:40:56 PM »

Range doesn't only include three point field goals.. It also includes shots right inside the three point line. Jordan's signature shot was from about 15-17 feet, while Kobe's signature pull up is from right inside the three point line. And Jordan was not bigger than Kobe lol, he only has bigger hands. Let's not forget, Kobe has great post skills, as well, and probably even better footwork than Jordan.

And again, Kobe has never had the luxury of playing with a facilitator/point forward like Pippen on the perimeter. Do you realize that the best point guard Kobe has played with was Derek fisher, and the best small forward was an out-of-prime glen rice. Not exactly the best players to help create shots for u, if u know what I mean. Pippen was a playmaker. Kobe never had the opportunity to play with someone like Pippen. How u fail to realize this is not surprising, but still weakens your credibility.

I've said in my first post in this topic QUOTE: "Yes, Kobe don't got a player like Pippen around him..." - your just too blind defending Kobe all the time to notice this ::)

You are so one-sided in this "debate", it's getting more and more ridiculous. Your pointing out that Phil Jackson said "Kobe has better basketball skills than Jordan" as a favor to your arguement, yet you fail to mention he said in that same interview QUOTE: "There are some things that Michael Jordan had, that Kobe Bryant dosen't have.  HE HAS BIGGER BODY, HE IS STRONGER".

So saying "he only has bigger hands" is delusional at least.

Never in my post did I've said Kobe Bryany isin't a great post player, neither he does not have great post skills. He IS and He DOES, as I mentioned before. But, and I've said this on many occasions now - Michael was a better post-up player, because he was able to hold his position in the post due to his higher athleticism. Kobe on the other hand is often forced by his defenders outside and can't control his post-up position as efficient as MJ.

Sccit

« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2012, 06:52:49 PM »

I've said in my first post in this topic QUOTE: "Yes, Kobe don't got a player like Pippen around him..." - your just too blind defending Kobe all the time to notice this ::)

You are so one-sided in this "debate", it's getting more and more ridiculous. Your pointing out that Phil Jackson said "Kobe has better basketball skills than Jordan" as a favor to your arguement, yet you fail to mention he said in that same interview QUOTE: "There are some things that Michael Jordan had, that Kobe Bryant dosen't have.  HE HAS BIGGER BODY, HE IS STRONGER".

So saying "he only has bigger hands" is delusional at least.

Never in my post did I've said Kobe Bryany isin't a great post player, neither he does not have great post skills. He IS and He DOES, as I mentioned before. But, and I've said this on many occasions now - Michael was a better post-up player, because he was able to hold his position in the post due to his higher athleticism. Kobe on the other hand is often forced by his defenders outside and can't control his post-up position as efficient as MJ.

then if u know that kobe has never played with a facilitator like pippen, then why do u keep pointing out how jordan got shots easier?...well, shit, OF COURSE he's gunna get better looks when he played alongside the greatest point forward of all time.

as for phil jackson, like i said, he flip-flops on the answer all time time...never has he flat out said "jordan>kobe" or "kobe>jordan", which just goes to show that there IS a comparison. if there wasn't, phil woulda came out a long time ago and said it. but thats not what u hear...instead, u get quotes from him saying "kobe had the better shot and offensive skills, but jordan was stronger" or what not. cuz he doesn't wanna come straight out and put one over the other...thats the whole point of what im gettin at. fact of the matter is, both have different advantages in certain areas. as far as individual accolades go, it will be impossible for kobe to ever match jordan. as far as pure basketball skill goes, kobe has already, at the very least, matched jordan. if kobe wins more rings, there will undeniably be an everlasting debate on GOAT. shit, i aint faultin u if u say magic johnson or lary bird. to me, GOAT is all subjective and can go many ways...but for those who say Kobe aint in the discussion, you're only foolin urself.