Author Topic: Ibrahimovic leaves AC Milan for Paris Saint-Germain  (Read 176 times)

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Ibrahimovic leaves AC Milan for Paris Saint-Germain
« on: July 18, 2012, 07:23:46 AM »

Saint-Germain have annouced that they have completed the signing of Zlatan Ibrahimovic from AC Milan for an udisclosed fee.

The Sweden international has signed a three-year contract which will keep him at the Parc des Princes until 2015, with the French capital club spending a reported €23 million fee for the striker.

Questioned about the move, Ibrahimovic has no doubt that he has taken a step forward in his career and stressed that he is not only thinking about the money, amidst reports that he will earn €13m per year at the club.

"I wanted to thank PSG and [sporting director] Leonardo for their work, they made the impossible possible," Ibrahimovic told reporters at a press conference.

"This is another step in my career, another dream that has come true. This has been a massive thing in the media, people chasing me in my home. This is not normal, I will chase them back.

"This is a very interesting project, a project I wanted to be a part of, and I had no doubts in my mind when they contacted my agent.

"I want to make history with this club. I have come here to win, not for anything else."

When his current deal with PSG expires, Ibrahimovic will be almost 34 years old, and the Swedish ace does not rule out the possibility of retiring at the French club.

"As it looks today, it will be final contract," he added. "Today I am here and I hope to be here for all the time that I have signed for.

"All I am thinking about is winning and how that will happen.

"I consider PSG to be at the same level as the other clubs I have played for. With the likes of [Marco] Verratti, we have the future as well.

"I do not know a lot about Ligue 1 and its players. Whoever we play against, we will play to win. For sure, I will learn who they are, and they know who I am."

Ibrahimovic joins PSG after two successful seasons at Milan in which he scored 56 goals in all competitions, and the 30-year-old thanked the Italian club for allowing him to kick-start his career following a disappointing spell at Barcelona.

"The only thing I have to say about Milan is that I was happy there, they put a smile on my face again," the striker noted.

"They will always remain in my heart because they helped me an my family.

"They will continue to succeed, they did it with me, and they will do it without me. I have nothing negative to say about Milan because that is not like me.

"I leave Italy because the future is here. What happens in italy is not my concern. Without me and Thiago Silva, Serie A will be poorer."

Ibrahimovic, who also had spells at Ajax, Juventus and Inter, has become the fourth summer signing of the Ligue 1 runners-up, following the transfers of Ezequiel Lavezzi, Thiago Silva and Marco Verratti.

"With Zlatan, we are done in the transfer market this year," Leonardo said. "He is the perfect recruitment."

If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.