Author Topic: Prometheus (2012)  (Read 2063 times)

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Prometheus (2012)
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2012, 03:09:42 PM »
since when have Alien3 been considered better than Aliens?
lol for real

Matty

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2012, 06:07:51 PM »
don't really see the point in the 3d version and it gave me a massive headache.

the movie was alright pretty watchable but nothing particularly outstanding or memorable. great production values and cinematography but falls flat in the rest of the execution. did like the whole ancient aliens thread in the story.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2012, 12:41:33 PM »
the story idea was good, but not the events and how it was led up to it.

the thing that pissed me off were:

the fact that almost everyone in this movie (except for a few) acted like some teenagers in some horror/thriller movie. touching shit that u know damn well a sane mother fucker wouldn't, rushing things, i was like are you serious? touching shit that looks lethal, like they should of made it more reasonable, instead of having all the characters act like a bunch of white teenagers from a 90s movie.AND WHY DID THEY OPEN THE HATCH AFTER THEY BURNED THE CONTAMINATED DOCTOR? WHAT DO YOU EXPECT IS WAITING OUT THERE GOD

and the android, i would of liked it better if we we're still guessing if he was still bad or not, i know all but ONE (ALIENS) where the android was good, btu still it would of been better if we were still guessing, 15-20 mins into the movie u know the android is going to betray them. acts to unreasonable and doesnt listen.

and the fact that it didnt really put me in the edge of my seat, i did want more of the movie because we didnt get much, i was hoping for some escape, and the alien wrecks shit on board in space, which would of been classic and dope. but nope

all in all it was too boring and the character development was way too cheesy, nice story concept though, nice graphics, nice scenery. supposed to be 2 more after this.

but I'm very reluctant to see it in the theaters (if tehres even gonna be any left) when it comes out.

i doubt theres gonna be any movie theaters by the time my kids are 4 or 5

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2012, 05:16:48 AM »
^didnt read everything because of spoilers.
its on my harddrive now tho, ill watch it later. lookin forward to it  8)

ICHI THE KILLER

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2012, 12:38:45 PM »

u mean cam version?
who the fuck watch cam versions - whats the point of it?

Will_B

« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2012, 01:27:58 PM »

u mean cam version?
who the fuck watch cam versions - whats the point of it?

Mike hasn't got 10 bucks to go to the cinema.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2012, 03:41:56 PM »
best movie so far..and snow white movie.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

ICHI THE KILLER

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2012, 05:32:58 PM »
best movie so far..and snow white movie.

looool

Hood Crawler

• 'G'
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2012, 08:36:07 PM »
Haven't seen it. Thanks for the info. Just saw Avengers and that was good.

Sikotic™

« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2012, 09:11:32 PM »
Movie was full of plot loopholes and shenanigans.

Coulda been much better.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2012, 09:26:18 PM »
Movie was full of plot loopholes and shenanigans.

Coulda been much better.

exactly, not sure why ridley wanted to do this project, maybe he was broke. shit was horrible

Sikotic™

« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2012, 09:46:27 PM »
Yo I couldn't believe it was so shitty. I didn't even go into the movie with high expectations like some of the fanboys n shit. I was just hoping a decent movie and got a bunch of special effects with no rhyme or reason to it.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2012, 10:19:54 PM »
Yo I couldn't believe it was so shitty. I didn't even go into the movie with high expectations like some of the fanboys n shit. I was just hoping a decent movie and got a bunch of special effects with no rhyme or reason to it.

the whole cast was acting like a bunch of white teenagers in a horror flick, shit was ridiculous, i mean have a little realism to it, these niggas  just straight up take their helmets off on some unknown planet just because they have air, like what the fuck, and they just start pressing shit everywhere here n there.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2012, 11:31:37 PM »
Saw this in IMAX, it was visually breath taking.

Lmfao @ watching this on a laptop off some bootleg copy.

This film needs to be seen in theaters to appreciate the beautiful cinematography.

Aladin

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2012, 07:22:34 AM »
since when have Alien3 been considered better than Aliens?
lol for real

True True, Alien 3 was a big let down for me..... even more then the fourth alien movie (resurrection)
Alien, had the suspense, Aliens had the action. Both are classics!

Now my review (No Spoilers)

Two archaeologists find some old drawings of an alien and a star map. They "choose to believe" that the aliens created human life. So they travel to the planet identified in the drawings. When they arrive at the planet, the members of the expedition all work against each other even though they all want the same thing. Each member then repeated does really stupid things until most of them are dead. The film ends before we see the final stupid decision actually kill the last surviving members.

Nothing the characters did made any sense:

> The robot without feelings falls in love with a woman.

> The robot then risks her life because he wants to preserve the parasite inside her. Why? No reason.

> The expedition is searching for life, but the biologist wants to return to the ship when they find a 2000 year old corpse.

> The geologist also wants to return to the ship rather than look at rocks.

> The geologist then gets lost despite being in charge of the mapping device.

> The top boss pays for the expedition, but pretends he's dead and hides on the ship. Why? No reason.

> The leader of the expedition refuses to cooperate with either the robot or the archaeologists - even though they all want the same thing.

> The alien tries to kill everyone, so the surviving characters decide to go to the alien's home planet to talk to them.

Another issue that kept annoying me was the inaccurate terminology used. There was no reason for it - it was just wrong. For example, at one point the archaeologists talk about abiogenesis and the biologist weirdly starts talking about evolution. Later on, a head exploded (like in Scanners) and the scientist says "Why did that head combust?". I don't expect screenwriters to have degrees, but they should at least look up words in the dictionary.

The CGI is good and the acting would be fine if the actors had been given something worthwhile to do. But every other aspect of the film was a disappointing waste of time.