Author Topic: Prometheus (2012)  (Read 2062 times)

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
Re: Prometheus (2012)
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2012, 02:39:20 PM »
So what exactly was deep about alien ichi? I'm just curious. Because well a great film, it's a straightforward film. I'm thinking youre a butthurt alien fan clearly upset that it's not another alien movie.

And again that article was complete rubbish. It was poorly written with no structure, just a nerd rambling on in tangents trying to find reasons he hated the movie with no clear beginning, middle or end.He's clearly angry in that article. It doesn't need to be compared to alien they are stand alone films, not meant to be seen as the sane film. Judge a film based on it's own, not based on another movie.

It's clear you can only see through the movie through alien nerd glasses and are heavily biased against it. Sad.

Considering if you were actually paying attention to the film those questions were answered. So, I've proven you didn't understand the movie by doing that and that was my point. Don't get upset because the films subtleness went over your head because you were too busy g about alien.

On a sidenote, the reason the film contains nods to Alien is to try to appease geeks such as yourself but in reality that was a waste of time because you can't win over people like you. You weren't going to like this film no matter what you made up your mind before you saw it.

I'll ask one more question, the creatures that attacked the biologist and geologist killing them. What were they and where did they come from? Answer that.

ICHI THE KILLER

« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2012, 03:50:40 PM »
So what exactly was deep about alien ichi? I'm just curious. Because well a great film, it's a straightforward film. I'm thinking youre a butthurt alien fan clearly upset that it's not another alien movie.

And again that article was complete rubbish. It was poorly written with no structure, just a nerd rambling on in tangents trying to find reasons he hated the movie with no clear beginning, middle or end.He's clearly angry in that article. It doesn't need to be compared to alien they are stand alone films, not meant to be seen as the sane film. Judge a film based on it's own, not based on another movie.

lool calling me a nerd and geek alien psycho fan this is just funny
and againg i think u didnt get the article at all
i think its just opposite cuz u like that movie so much u cant see that is not that good as u think it is and try to look into as some deep movie when cleary u can see this all mythology/religion crap is done so they can carry on in sequel not beacause its such great script it was done on purpose and it looks realyl shallow. i didnt say that Alien was deep movie it was better movie overall cuz didnt try to imply anything forcefully and actually has much better story and what i said before.
and i actually rewatch first Alien just after seeing this and u can easily compare those movies because Prom looks like a almost perfect prequel so sorry they are not stand alone movies and def Prom si not stand alone as it was already announced they will make more movies so sorry u are wrong

It's clear you can only see through the movie through alien nerd glasses and are heavily biased against it. Sad.

Considering if you were actually paying attention to the film those questions were answered. So, I've proven you didn't understand the movie by doing that and that was my point. Don't get upset because the films subtleness went over your head because you were too busy g about alien.

On a sidenote, the reason the film contains nods to Alien is to try to appease geeks such as yourself but in reality that was a waste of time because you can't win over people like you. You weren't going to like this film no matter what you made up your mind before you saw it.

and again u mistaken i dont deny i like Alien movies but im far from die hard fan and I can watch movie without being blinded by previous ones. and i didnt watch any trailers or read anything from Prom and when i was going to movies I was hoping for some really good Sci-Fi flick and didnt even care if there will be monsters or not so didnt expect anything and i did get effects eye cnady with shallow story for teens
and lool the movie try to appease geeks - how u do know tha? i dont think u do - is just ur assumption nothing else
so tell me why they just didnt very diff movies then - simply cus they want to make how may sequels as possible with probably even re-boot oroginal Alien so they connect Prom with Alien and that why i dont like it cuz they think all people are so naive and cant think

I'll ask one more question, the creatures that attacked the biologist and geologist killing them. What were they and where did they come from? Answer that.

u joking right ::) ::) the worms when they entering to the cave with containers are all over the floor (u have even close up on them), and when they start touching the canisters all that black goo is spilled all over the ground and worms undergoing mutation - and what is quite clearly stated in movie that black goo is a kinda WMD working on DNA level
i think u were looking for some deep sense when u have answers in front of ur eyes

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2012, 04:04:04 PM »

translation:
*rabble rabble rabble*
"I am right, you are wrong"

*rabble rabble rabble*
"I can't argue, cuz im bitter"

*rabble rabble rabble*
"I am right, you are wrong"

shut up, canadian
and leave my thread

ICHI THE KILLER

« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2012, 05:40:25 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^
hahahahahahah this shit is too funny

David Gutterman

« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2012, 07:20:37 AM »
i was expecting something better from Ridley Scott, What an anticipointment!

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2012, 07:46:03 PM »
the way the story progressed was horrible.  the concept of the story line was great. but it played out worse than 1990s teen horror film.

i mean god the characters were so fucking dumb, and it was just so unrealistic.

remember the other doctor? the one that got infected by the andriod? after they fry him, they read another lifeform or movement outside, everyone that was part of that crew that was still alive was inside the ship, why the fuck in the world would you open that shit, goddamn what the fuck did u think was fucking out there.

this sold on name and ridley alone

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2012, 05:02:08 PM »
 Finally seen this last night.
 I thought it was 50/50 prolly give it about 5-6/10
 Wasnt shit but wasnt fantastic. The 3d was pretty cool.
 I didnt mind the movie but it felt like something lacked. I guess me being me i was dissapointed it didnt have hotter chicks in it  :D but the snobb, bossy blonde was rather hot.
 There were a few humorous moments but not many.
*spoilers*
 I must admit it was really bothering me and ruining the movie for me, the android. He seemed to have curiosity and conscious thought. Seemed he made decisions by his own decision and not via programming.
 Like opening doors in the alien ship and bringing back that vase without being ordered to do so, infecting that doctor guy, the desire to see the alien baby grown in that chick, etc 
 I didnt like how an android could have curiosity and feelings and he seemed to have something against his creators/masters. Now i know when it was revealed that old guy was still alive that the android was taking order's from him, acting on his agenda and programming but David still clearly had conscious thought, acted on his own agenda and curiosity and this wasnt really explained.
 I seen above post and yes you could of course just decide for yourself that he had evolved and become that way i suppose.
 Was kind of funny too when at the end they crash their little baby ship into the monstrous alien ship, taking it down only for teh alien ship to prove to be sturdy as fuck when it hits the ground and remain intact  :P
 But hey i like my star trek and love mass effect so this movie was up my alley.
 Younger hotter women would've aided the movie for sure.

Hood Crawler

• 'G'
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2012, 04:40:25 AM »
I still need to get out and see this shit

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2012, 11:41:01 AM »
I still need to get out and see this shit

wait for it to come out on blu ray or dvd or watch it online

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2012, 12:11:30 PM »
Wanted to see this on the premiere here in Poland but now after seeing the reviews from various sites, not so much. This fuckin sucks, I mean I was expecting nothing but great reviews. I don't really listen to others when it comes to movies but still, as a huge Alien/Predator fan it sucks to see a movie from the same franchise/universe get so shitty reviews :-\

Will_B

« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2012, 12:15:31 PM »
Wanted to see this on the premiere here in Poland but now after seeing the reviews from various sites, not so much. This fuckin sucks, I mean I was expecting nothing but great reviews. I don't really listen to others when it comes to movies but still, as a huge Alien/Predator fan it sucks to see a movie from the same franchise/universe get so shitty reviews :-\

Ignore the reviews and go see it. U might hate it but you'll probably really enjoy the cinema experience.

It's not the best film ever, but it's not a bad film either

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2012, 12:20:59 PM »

Ignore the reviews and go see it. U might hate it but you'll probably really enjoy the cinema experience.

It's not the best film ever, but it's not a bad film either
It just kinda sucks to see a franchise you love get shitted on if you know what I mean?? :P & whats even worse is that Ridley was behind this movie. Ahh whatever, my friend is hyped to see this so I'll probably go anyways. I'm guessing I'll like the movie but still be dissapointed with it in some parts. Thx for the tip.

Will_B

« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2012, 12:30:40 PM »
It's worth the zlotty I think :)

Post up your reaction if u see it!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2012, 12:42:40 PM »
It's worth the zlotty I think :)

Post up your reaction if u see it!
I don't know if it will be worth the zloty ;) since everything in Poland is overpriced.. & the premiere is on the 20th of July. Still a shitload of time :P But yeah, I'll still drop my 2 cents in here.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2012, 05:50:18 PM »
U know at rotten tomatoes it's sitting at 73% with critics with the audience at 72%. That's a long ways from shitty reviews when the majority like it and recommend it.