Author Topic: 2Chainz is like a Rockstar Hood Rapper #vicioustho  (Read 747 times)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 2Chainz is like a Rockstar Hood Rapper #vicioustho
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2012, 02:25:02 PM »
I don't care if this dude can fucking rhyme like Biggie.  I don't like him as a person... so I ain't gonna feel his shit no matter how dope it is.  Same thing with Kanye and Jay-Z.  Sure they got skills or whatever, but I don't like tihem as people so I never feel their shit no matter how dope it is (which Jay-Z ain't even dope but Kanye has some skills)

Snoop could rap a whole album just rhyming "LBC/213" and that shit would be dope cause Snoop is a character and a great person.   Feel me?
:laugh:

you just said Hov aint got skills?  ::)

I actually see what youre sayin in your post but that right there is just dumb.

He's looking out for his boy Nas, like a real friend

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2012, 02:36:24 PM »
^You don't know 2 Chainz as a person to dislike him as a person. So shut the fuck up.

Rap is a beautiful art form because it gives you a window into their life and into their thoughts.  They are sharing their world with you and their perspective.  So even though you haven't met them personal, you know them in a way that you don't know other people whom you've been around for years.

Again, I apologize to all the illiterate mutherfuckers at the forum who don't understand what I'm saying.

Please stop calling rap music an art. It's not an art. It's a pop music, entertainment. It may be and probably is a religion to you and i won't argue about that but please stop using words art and rap in one sentence ok?  Most of your idols have nothing to do with art. Face it.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 02:39:09 PM by shoo »

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2012, 04:16:47 PM »

No, not at all, dumbass. Half of these dudes rap about pulling triggers & murdering people, when they haven't even held a gun. It's a form of entertainment. It's an act. The music itself lends absolutely no perspective of who these dudes are as people. Just pawns to sells records & will say whatever the labels makes them.

Again.. if you are illiterate it can make it hard for you to pick up on the finer aspects of lyricism.  A rapper is actually giving you pieces of his soul when he raps.  And I know that is too deep for you to understand.  So I don't fault you for not getting it.

I recommend you see Ice Tea's new documentary that's in theatres.  It's called "The Art of Rap".  Nothing I am saying in this thread is different from what pioneers like Doug E. Fresh and Melle Mell are quoted as saying in the movie.

So do you think you know more about hip-hop than the likes of Doug E. Fresh, Melle Mell, and Ice Tea?
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2012, 04:17:59 PM »

Please stop calling rap music an art. It's not an art. It's a pop music, entertainment. It may be and probably is a religion to you and i won't argue about that but please stop using words art and rap in one sentence ok?  Most of your idols have nothing to do with art. Face it.

I would recommend to you as well that you see Ice Tea's new documentary in theaters called "The ART of Rap".  I know you are illiterate and it might hurt your brain, but you should at least give it a try.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2012, 05:16:10 PM »

No, not at all, dumbass. Half of these dudes rap about pulling triggers & murdering people, when they haven't even held a gun. It's a form of entertainment. It's an act. The music itself lends absolutely no perspective of who these dudes are as people. Just pawns to sells records & will say whatever the labels makes them.

Again.. if you are illiterate it can make it hard for you to pick up on the finer aspects of lyricism.  A rapper is actually giving you pieces of his soul when he raps.  And I know that is too deep for you to understand.  So I don't fault you for not getting it.

I recommend you see Ice Tea's new documentary that's in theatres.  It's called "The Art of Rap".  Nothing I am saying in this thread is different from what pioneers like Doug E. Fresh and Melle Mell are quoted as saying in the movie.

So do you think you know more about hip-hop than the likes of Doug E. Fresh, Melle Mell, and Ice Tea?

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2012, 06:11:19 PM »
You guys fucking suck!  Hijacking radiotubes introspective and thought provoking thread about this man named 2 Chains who gives us real pimp and gangster rap in a new and innovative format!  How god damn dare you
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2012, 10:36:45 PM »
Who says they "hi jacked" my thread, what is that, some kinda troll termenalogy?  I've said what I had to say and ppl have spoken.  I'm just gonna take this as that u need sum kinda attention and let u lean wittit and rock wittit.  Good luck in life

Fraxxx

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2012, 11:30:09 PM »
You guys fucking suck!  Hijacking radiotubes introspective and thought provoking thread about this man named 2 Chains who gives us real pimp and gangster rap in a new and innovative format!  How god damn dare you

#TeamBurgerChaserz
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2012, 12:05:47 AM »
That awkward moment when you realize Brian is just a troll. And a pathetic one at that.

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2012, 12:39:39 AM »

Again.. if you are illiterate it can make it hard for you to pick up on the finer aspects of lyricism.  A rapper is actually giving you pieces of his soul when he raps.  And I know that is too deep for you to understand.  So I don't fault you for not getting it.

I recommend you see Ice Tea's new documentary that's in theatres.  It's called "The Art of Rap".  Nothing I am saying in this thread is different from what pioneers like Doug E. Fresh and Melle Mell are quoted as saying in the movie.

i really don't want to spam this topic but first of all...

I don't give a fuck what pioneers of hip hop say about art. why? because i can bet unlike me they are not art educated. I know most of these rappers love to call their music an art but it's not an art no matter how much they try to convince you. If you don't mind i'd rather listen to what people connected with real art have to say about art (eg. history of art professors, fine arts artists etc.).

You're right. I don't know more about hip-hop than all these rapper you've mentioned. But it doesn't matter simply because they don't know shit about art. understand that?

And 'finer aspects of lyricism' in rap music? Oh please... let's wait with this bullshit until some rapper wins a nobel prize in literature ok?

One more thing... my post had nothing to do with trolling. I just read dubcc on regular basis and i can see you're obsessed with hip hop and i can see you're comparing rap music to an art way to often. That's why i wanted to speak about that. It's quite disturbing for people like me to read such bullshit so often.

I may be illiterate as you say it but for me you're just an ignorant whose main soure of knowledge is rap music. Rappers are not teachers for fuck sake (even KRS lol). They are entertainers.
Read what Cham wrote about rap 'artists'. He's right about that.

and thanks for 'Art of Rap' recommendation. I got something for you too... How about getting out of hip hop for a while and watching "Power Of Art" series?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZUeGRGLGXFY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ZUeGRGLGXFY</a>

i think it's obvious sometimes one discussion may generate another topics. in this case mods can divide topic and move some parts into new one. i don't mind it.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 01:37:06 AM by shoo »

Fraxxx

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2012, 01:58:18 AM »

Again.. if you are illiterate it can make it hard for you to pick up on the finer aspects of lyricism.  A rapper is actually giving you pieces of his soul when he raps.  And I know that is too deep for you to understand.  So I don't fault you for not getting it.

I recommend you see Ice Tea's new documentary that's in theatres.  It's called "The Art of Rap".  Nothing I am saying in this thread is different from what pioneers like Doug E. Fresh and Melle Mell are quoted as saying in the movie.

I don't give a fuck what pioneers of hip hop say about art. why? because i can bet unlike me they are not art educated. I know most of these rappers love to call their music an art but it's not an art no matter how much they try to convince you. If you don't mind i'd rather listen to what people connected with real art have to say about art (eg. history of art professors, fine arts artists etc.).

You're right. I don't know more about hip-hop than all these rapper you've mentioned. But it doesn't matter simply because they don't know shit about art. understand that?

And 'finer aspects of lyricism' in rap music? Oh please... let's wait with this bullshit until some rapper wins a nobel prize in literature ok?

One more thing... my post had nothing to do with trolling. I just read dubcc on regular basis and i can see you're obsessed with hip hop and i can see you're comparing rap music to an art way to often. That's why i wanted to speak about that. It's quite disturbing for people like me to read such bullshit so often.

I may be illiterate as you say it but for me you're just an ignorant whose main soure of knowledge is rap music. Rappers are not teachers for fuck sake (even KRS lol). They are entertainers.

and thanks for 'Art of Rap' recommendation. I got something for you too... How about getting out of hip hop for a while and watching "Power Of Art" series?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZUeGRGLGXFY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ZUeGRGLGXFY</a>

i think it's obvious sometimes one discussion may generate another topics. in this case mods can divide topic and move some parts into new one. i don't mind it.

You have some points here but you can't argue that rap is very well able to be poetry = art. There had already been enough discussions here what art (or lyricism) is (good/bad, art at all) but I hope that we can agree that top notch lyricism is poetry to a beat.

And to say "wait until a rapper wins the Nobel prize" is a bit unfair. When did someone win it for only poems and not prose anyway?

I see where you coming from but knocking rap as a whole like that because of Gucci Mane is like rating painting as an artform based on the works of Hitler. ;)
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2012, 02:18:13 AM »

#TeamBurgerChaserz

#realniggashit #eatgirlsbutts #getcashdawg
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2012, 03:11:43 AM »

You guys fucking suck!  Hijacking radiotubes introspective and thought provoking thread about this man named 2 Chains who gives us real pimp and gangster rap in a new and innovative format!  How god damn dare you

You have some points here but you can't argue that rap is very well able to be poetry = art. There had already been enough discussions here what art (or lyricism) is (good/bad, art at all) but I hope that we can agree that top notch lyricism is poetry to a beat.

And to say "wait until a rapper wins the Nobel prize" is a bit unfair. When did someone win it for only poems and not prose anyway?

I see where you coming from but knocking rap as a whole like that because of Gucci Mane is like rating painting as an artform based on the works of Hitler. ;)

I just have different point of view when it comes to an art. Don't want to put myself above you, him or her but i think i have a right to think my point of view is quite accurate because like i said it before i'm art educated (fine arts university graduate - and i'm still far from calling myself an artist even tho i'm making nice living out of my craft and gain solid pulicity. fell me?). I just can't agree with that statement "rap is an art".

Don't get me wrong - i know rap lyrics are quite near art sometimes but it's a drop in a sea... and i really don't want to knock rap but also i don't want to knock art with such nonsense like "rap music is an art". The word art is simply overused these days and rap music is not an exception.

My statement about rapper winning a noble prize was of course an irony but i wanted you guys to realize that rhyming is not an art itself even if you write these rhymes deep from your heart. Even best rock, pop, jazz, rap etc. lyricists are not considered poets... that's why you have such music genre like 'sung poetry'. And it's not another name for rap music  ;)

To answer your question: "When did someone win it for only poems and not prose anyway? - some examples: Bjornstjerne Bjornson, Sinclair Lewis, Gabriela Mistral, Wislawa Szymborska and more...

Anyway, thanks for discussion. I don't want to fight over that trust me, just wanted to share my point of view and i hope some of you will at least try to think about it :)
Sorry for offtopic again.

Peace

« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 03:28:33 AM by shoo »

caffeinefiend

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2012, 03:39:08 AM »
Lol "rap is not music"

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2012, 03:39:16 AM »
I was curious so I copped "No Lie" off Itunes. That joint goes hard, Drake killed the hook.