Author Topic: biggest misconeptions in hip hop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 306 times)

Cavvy

biggest misconeptions in hip hop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: June 12, 2012, 06:57:15 PM »
some of the biggest misconceptions around!!!!!!!!!!!!

"CANIBUS is dope, but cant drop good albums".... FALSE!!!!!!!!!!!

debut was iffy musically, c true hollywood stories was intentionally bad, hip for sale was trash, everything else is crack!!!!!!!!!!!!

"NAS fell off"... nas never fell off, always freaks new patterns, kills every album lyrically... NASTARDAMUS was wack everything else been either classic, good, or great!!!!!!!!!!!! expectations for the nigga that laced illmatic always gonna be ridiculously high... his double album that niggas panned, got some crazy shit conceptually/lyrically/stye wise.. UBR?!?!?!!? GETTING MARRIED (hahahahahaha), MAKINGS OF A PERFECT BITCH?!!?!?!!? BRIDGING THE GAP!?!?!?!?! niggas will go back to nas catalog years after he passed like DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"RAKIM fell off...."

rakim has turned into that nigga that babies front on... theyll say "rakim WAS dope" when they cant quote one lyric... like a nigga saying johnny unitas was the best QB ever without ever going back to actually watch the film, just took someone elses word for it without doin the legwork!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7th seal 2009....stands with anything he ever dropped lyrically, and he even expanded his storytelling over time and kicked some shit i never woulda expected outta the god.. go listen to DEDICATED, SATISFACTION GUARANTEED, HOLY ARE YOU... respect it while he still here, hes the 80 year nigga at the gym sinking 20 three pointers in a row playin by himself, young niggas dont wanna believe it and dont even THINK to look twice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

theres a lot of misconceptions in life, hip hop especially!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: biggest misconeptions in hip hop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 07:00:25 PM »
are you trolling?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Cavvy

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 07:01:34 PM »
"streets disciple is a wack album"...

where?!?!?!?! if anyone but nas dropped it, niggas would be blowing nuts in their own face!!!!!!! was it perfect!?!?!?!?!? NAH!!!!!!!!!! but it had some of the most original shit nas ever dropped, creative album... LIVE NOW, SEKOUS STORY, VIRGO (80's style), UBR (crazy concept/execution)... niggas lauh... but GETTING MARRIED is incredible... so visual... and that beat is trance status!!!!!!!! SUICIDE BOUNCE with busta (straightbanger).. WAR, REASON, MAKINGS OF A PERFECT BITCH, COON PICNIC... yall get the idea... concepts outta this world, nas gets shit on for being creative, some niggas want nasty nas and nothing else... nasty nas made a cpl of appearences on the album.. NAZERATH SAVAGE... DISCIPLE?!?!!?!?!? DOPE album!!!!!!!!!! go back and listen to it today if u panned it originally, i love that album!!!!!!!!!! epic record, littered with gems!!!!!!!!!!!!

"hip hop is dead"...

hip hop music will NEVER die.... hip hop CULTURE is on its fuckin deathbed though!!!!!!!! these niggas think battling is corny, its getting harder and harder to find a cipher on the street, mainstream media successfully drove a wedge up in our lifestyle and found a way to manipulate the culture for a buck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! young kids today will actually SHIT on a nigga for being lyrical... they act like battling is corny... not knowing why battles exist in the first place!!!!!!!!! wheres the breakers?!?!?!?! the graff artists?!!?!?!?! goin overseas a cpl years ago blew my mind, they still dipped in the elements, holdin on to the culture!!!!!!!!!!!

"krs one is a lunatic"...

if you think krs one is a LOON rambling on and on about the temple of hip hop... congratulations... youve fallen victim to rolling stones journalistic attack!!!!!!!!!!! krs one does more to advance/educate hip hop culture than just about anyone... he actually had the hoods ear at a time, and it scared the shit out of white america/mainstream media... they smeared him, he still drops dope records to this very day, and still drops the same level of science at any chance!!!!!!!!!!!!

"camron is a simple rapper"....

camron slang/word play/rhyme schemes are elite!!!!!!!!!!!! if you think camron rhymes words that mean nothin, you dont know shit about street code, dont know anybody that hustled, and you probably a sheltered bitch!!!!!!!!!! cam can spaz out lyrically spittin slow flows, and has some of the best doubles in hip hop history (adlibs + punch ins)!!!!!!!!!!! purple haze is fuckin retarded lyrically/musically... even come home with me... when niggas claimed cam was mailin it in... he bodied that album on some fun shit!!!!!!!!! killa far from a simpleton!!!!!!!!!!

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 07:53:56 PM »
i agree wit most of this, but Krs one sure is a lunatic

Cavvy

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 10:21:52 PM »

jay-z and kangay couldnt be further gone from who they were when they entered this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

first of all....

jay-z is looking like old ALI... hes not getting knocked out, but hes getting beat the fuck up, and someone should step in before he gets the shakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kangay has nothing to say...

kangays ears are so fucked up...

he can no longer keep his sexuality in the shadows...

everything he does now, got a lil tinge of GAY in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he went from sampling shit with soul, and feeling..

to electronic pulse crap....

album is SOFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

album is WEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

album cover...

done by some big time designer... like a hip hop head is supposed to care, jay-z and kangay making albums to impress gwenth paltrow and the gay community in 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pitchfork might be impressed...

I AM NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this whole album reminds me of the time kangay said he doesnt play rap in his apartment, cuz its too nice in there....

and jay is just sorta there....

it sounds like a kangay album, featuring the weakest jay-z you ever heard front to back....

jay is having trouble outrapping someone he was calling for beats in the past...

its like seeing michael johnson lose a foot race!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS SHOULD NOT BE HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!

rolling stone might love it...

but this shit is disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all the hype, all the smoke....

AND NO FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is something you play as you organize your wine cellar...

I DONT HAVE A WINE CELLAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

limp wrist rap music at its finest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fraxxx

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 03:20:16 AM »
Calm down little buddy. Why are you concerned about a fuckin Jay Z/Kanye album or what the Rolling Stone has to say about it? Don't even bother.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Cavvy

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 02:30:23 AM »
RA the rugged man is the most overrated underground rapper OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!

and its not even close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a lot of these net babies that got into rap through eminem...

that know how to surf youtube....

will tell you RA the rugged man is one of the BEST RAPPERS OF ALL TIME...

shit is incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

his whole BIO is fabricated BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i wanna start by saying hes incredibly skilled, and i am a fan of dudes talent...

but his inactivity over the course of 20 years tells the real story....

the whole story... of RA working with BIG...

and BIGGIE saying to RA "and i thought i was the illest rapper" is complete bullshit......

check the source... this story is coming from RA 15 years after biggies passing...

JIVE hooked that up...

CUNT RENAISSANCE....

have yall actually LISTENED to that record?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!

shit was... and is... AWFUL...

theres a reason it was a NOTHING record...

RA the rugged man was NOT an elite emcee in 1994... RA revisionist history will say otherwise....

have yall heard the shelved NIGHT OF THE BLOODY APES album!?!?!?!!?!?!

shit was.... and is.... AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wack production... wack flows... wack raps... with a wack video to go with it...

ICED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dude had a major label shot, had a chance to make his mark.... HE BLEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it wasnt an injustice to hip hop that album was shelved...

JIVE sucks... but that album really sucked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all this being said...

he is one of the most improved rappers of all time...

he re-emerged after doing nothing for something like 15 years and upped his whole shit....

unfortunately he only has one LP to show for it...

and that one LP die rugged man die isnt very good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

technically great rapper, that doesnt make great music....

great feature rapper... should find a group...

one of the laziest rappers of all time....

weak catalog...

take away that uncommon valor verse... and hes a back in my day talent, that wasnt shit back in the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats really the only legendary shit he ever did... honestly...

no legendary freestyles
no legendary shows
his legendary track with BIG was wack and did nothing for him until he reemerged in the 2k

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 07:41:58 AM »
I agree wit you on Jay n Kanye. Jay got mind control on his fans tho so he could record himself snorin put any random bs instrumental to it and people will call it a classic. He along wit guys like Eminem and some others dont even try anymore.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 06:08:00 PM »
i bought an RA the Rugged Man album once

needless to say i gave it away to a friend and haven't missed owning it ever since