Author Topic: Tha Dogg Pound - Doggy Bag (Official Discussion Thread)  (Read 4827 times)

HighEyeCue

Re: Tha Dogg Pound - Doggy Bag (Official Discussion Thread)
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2012, 10:47:01 AM »
yeah lets not act like Dogg Food is a classic in the same light as the Chronic or All Eyez On Me

Dogg Food had some weaknesses on it

Dogg Food is AT LEAST as good as AEOM

I love dogg food but it's not as good as AEOM. DF has some filler and tracks I'll skip...it's apples and oranges anyway, group album vs solo, double album vs single disc etc.

On the note, I'm bumpin "Reality" as we speak  8)

theres no filler on "dogg food"

truth.

+2

still it had the potential to be even better

Smokin Briccz

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2012, 10:50:19 AM »
Like Dis is the only song I really bump off this album  :-\

Will_B

« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2012, 11:00:18 AM »
yeah lets not act like Dogg Food is a classic in the same light as the Chronic or All Eyez On Me

I love dogg food but it's not as good as AEOM. DF has some filler and tracks I'll skip...it's apples and oranges anyway, group album vs solo, double album vs single disc etc.

truth.

+2

I think Dogg Food was the DPG at their pinnacle. I really doubt they could've made a better album.

AEOM really missed it's potential as truly great album IMO, and could've been a much better album by at least making disc 1 a strong coherent album (and not just a jumble of weaker and stronger tracks) or paring the album down to just one disc.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2012, 11:28:44 AM »

truth.

+2

yeah but it came out classic. it was daz at his best (wit the help of dr. dre i'm sure) i love every song on the album.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Remedy360

« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2012, 11:37:44 AM »
A few nice songs on here, but I agree about the audio quality. On a separate note, it's funny listening to these songs and Dogg Pound classics and realizing that Daz is the same guy that catches feelings on the internet these days.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2012, 06:47:26 AM »

truth.

+2

yeah but it came out classic. it was daz at his best (wit the help of dr. dre i'm sure) i love every song on the album.

no doubt about that, my favorite album of all time 8)

I agree about AEOM, too much like a compilation of dope tracks, lets not forget Pac took alot of those tracks from other albums, can't knock his hustle or work ethic, just sayin

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2012, 11:14:13 AM »
A few nice songs on here, but I agree about the audio quality. On a separate note, it's funny listening to these songs and Dogg Pound classics and realizing that Daz is the same guy that catches feelings on the internet these days.

yep

Daz got pretty pissed at me on here :)

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #82 on: July 16, 2012, 09:44:52 PM »

lmao

let's be real here

2pac had less filler on a double disc than DPG did on a single disc

and DPG gave their best efforts to Pac as far as Kurupt's raps and Daz's beats :D

but Reality is my shit....love that song.

whats filler on "dogg food"? the album was more coherent. flowed better from start 2 finish. "aeom" aint even 2pacs best album.

Dogg food gets weak toward the end with reality an so much style being the exceptions.

AEOM was the first and best rap double album of all time, Pac was the undisputed king of the game. That album is about 100x more diverse and thought provoking than Dogg Food. DF is blunts 40s and bitches, and that's great. AEOM has that and much more.

Dogg food had some brilliant songs for sure, but overall as an album it's not AEOM level.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #83 on: July 16, 2012, 09:52:39 PM »
What are the weak songs on AEOM? I don't think theres any. The only 2 I ever hear mentioned as weak are what's ya phone # and heaven ain't hard to find. I always liked both songs. But even if you think they are weak, there's still what like 20 great to excellent tracks on there.

And maybe it's different if you're just now hearing those albums, or only hearing them in the last few years, but if you were heavy into hip hop at all, you'd know how AEOM completely smashed everything else out at the time.

MarshColin

« Reply #84 on: July 16, 2012, 10:03:24 PM »

lmao

let's be real here

and DPG gave their best efforts to Pac as far as Kurupt's raps and Daz's beats :D

whats filler on "dogg food"? the album was more coherent. flowed better from start 2 finish. "aeom" aint even 2pacs best album.

Dogg food gets weak toward the end with reality an so much style being the exceptions.

AEOM was the first and best rap double album of all time, Pac was the undisputed king of the game. That album is about 100x more diverse and thought provoking than Dogg Food. DF is blunts 40s and bitches, and that's great. AEOM has that and much more.

Dogg food had some brilliant songs for sure, but overall as an album it's not AEOM level.

Agreed, especially on the "Dogg Food gets weak toward the end" part. The first half of the album shits on the 2nd half. If you took a couple songs off the 2nd half of the album and replaced them with "Got My Mind Made Up OG", "Can't C Us", and "Every Single Day" the album would have made a much bigger impact.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2012, 10:07:15 PM »
agreed

no excuse for every single day to not be released in the 90s

Sccit

« Reply #86 on: July 17, 2012, 12:18:00 AM »

lmao

let's be real here

Again, what would u consider filler on "Dogg Food"? I thought every song was perfect for the album. The production value seemed a lil higher than on "AOEM". To me, they are both classics on the same level, but I think "Dogg Food" gets the edge, because it flows better as an album and the production sounds a lil more consistent.

Will_B

« Reply #87 on: July 17, 2012, 02:07:35 AM »

lmao

let's be real here

Again, what would u consider filler on "Dogg Food"? I thought every song was perfect for the album. The production value seemed a lil higher than on "AOEM". To me, they are both classics on the same level, but I think "Dogg Food" gets the edge, because it flows better as an album and the production sounds a lil more consistent.

I dunno tho the arrangement and instrument set is bigger on AEOM. It just suffers from being a jumble of tracks and Pac repeats himself a lot. A pared down 1 CD could've been close to perfection for a rap album. IMO Life After Death has similar problems being flabby and switching tone between radio tracks and more hardcore rap....lyrics wise it's a classic.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #88 on: July 17, 2012, 02:04:16 PM »
there is nothing as hideous as  "What's your phone #"  on Dogg Food

Will_B

« Reply #89 on: July 17, 2012, 02:05:12 PM »
there is nothing as hideous as  "What's your phone #"  on Dogg Food

;D