Author Topic: Mac & Devin Go To High School Movie  (Read 1153 times)

David Gutterman

Re: Mac & Devin Go To High School Movie
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2012, 11:07:50 AM »
3.8 on imdb,
is it that bad?

I'm gonna be watching that shit later today. I heard it was basically like Murder Was the Case and How High combined into one. except it's in high school. Maybe I'll post a review later.

Don't watch it, save yourself!

nad45

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2012, 11:08:10 AM »
The worst is at the end in the little speech on the weed.
Does it make you dumber?, slower?
Yes, Snoop is the best example, he seemed smarter 20 years ago and now he can't rap, he's just able to speak on tracks, so yeah too much weed makes you dumber and slower

Portugoal

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2012, 11:55:11 AM »
reading this thread doesn't make me wanna download this and watch it... but fuck it, i'm gonna watch this to get through the day at work

Sccit

« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2012, 12:30:31 PM »
Yes, Snoop is the best example, he seemed smarter 20 years ago and now he can't rap, he's just able to speak on tracks, so yeah too much weed makes you dumber and slower

snoop makes in 1 day more than ull make in ur whole life.. pretty sure he did fine for himself with the weed

David Gutterman

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2012, 12:49:48 PM »
reading this thread doesn't make me wanna download this and watch it... but fuck it, i'm gonna watch this to get through the day at work

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2012, 01:01:19 PM »

snoop makes in 1 day more than ull make in ur whole life.. pretty sure he did fine for himself with the weed

plenty of stupid people make lots of money

doesn't mean he's wrong because Snoopy really hasn't dropped a dope rap verse in years.  I will give him credit for his verse on the D.A.Z. album but that's it.

Sccit

« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2012, 01:05:58 PM »

plenty of stupid people make lots of money

doesn't mean he's wrong because Snoopy really hasn't dropped a dope rap verse in years.  I will give him credit for his verse on the D.A.Z. album but that's it.

him dropping dope verses have little to do with weed...snoop's best verses came when he was high. same with every rapper. most rappers simply get less and less hungry as their career progresses.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2012, 01:45:06 PM »
not Crooked I.  Crooked's at the top of his game  8)

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2012, 03:19:01 PM »
not Crooked I.  Crooked's at the top of his game  8)
lol

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2012, 03:28:23 PM »
Whoa...who hates on Snoop Dogg in 2012 tho

Anyways, I liked the movie for what it was.  It's a movie for teenagers and people under 23/22

Blasphemy (A)

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2012, 07:31:08 PM »
well I Saw it, I Liked it, but if I had to give it a review, The film isn't anything else beyond the average Rapper Movie, I mean Wiz Khalifa can't act for shit lol  The Plot almost stops near middle, and the ending is rushed. Another thing is they have all these potentially funny characters but the screen time is reduced to nothing more then Cameo Time. So virtually none of the characters have personally outside of the caricature. It's also some what strange because if you watch the trailer you think that some of  these characters have major screen time or at least completed arcs. The other thing was Devins girlfriend, her character arch doesn't actually exist. I know in this type of movie she doesn't grow into a better person, but it's like she has no other purpose other then a requirement for the genre.

The Talking Joint when I first heard about it I figure it'd be animated (Like Friday after Next intro) so I was hoping it'd be some cool smokey animation. Instead the CGI was really horrible, it wasn't appealing to the eye at all (which is generally the point of animation, CGI or not). The Character it's self wasn't a problem, I liked him, but jesus that ending with him was stupid, you'd think it's the 90s or some shit with that speech. Weed as a taboo is dead, now it's just another habit, nothing cool, nothing sad, it's just something you can or can not do like drinking. Anyways

If you're into stuff like Murder was the Case movie, you'll like it. It's not a full length film like How High, it's generally just another rap movie.  Given the quality it doesn't amaze me that this didn't get a theatrical release, but you can tell they were having fun with this film, but if you were to see it and see what they had (Story, Characters), this movie did have the potential to leave it's own mark,  never the next up in smoke,  but probably on a scale that's slightly less then How High.

On a scale of 1 -5 It's about 2.5 

Personally I'd watch it again, and did enjoy it, but even I Can tell this movie was sub-par, anyone saying anything different is a complete fucking retard/dickrider. I still listen to the soundtrack a lot, and will probably be watching this a few times in my future smokes.

Eddz

« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2012, 06:38:08 AM »

It's one of those movies that you know is going to be really bad but you still want to watch it  ;D

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2012, 06:51:03 AM »
anyone who went into it expecting snoop to deliver an oscar worthy performance is clearly retarded...with that being said i havent and have no intention of watching it lol

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Portugoal

« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2012, 07:43:02 AM »

It's one of those movies that you know is going to be really bad but you still want to watch it  ;D

Exactly. It's like wanting to watch Baby Boy even though there has never been anyone who wrote a positive review.

I do get paid at work, so if I don't like it I still get money for watching it. :D

Blasphemy (A)

« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2012, 08:27:05 AM »

Exactly. It's like wanting to watch Baby Boy even though there has never been anyone who wrote a positive review.

I do get paid at work, so if I don't like it I still get money for watching it. :D

uh you do know right baby boy actually received a lot of good reviews right? Just because it wasn't as acclaimed as Boyz in N The Hood doesn't mean it was bad.