Author Topic: question regarding differences in Canadian version CD releases? (Please clarify  (Read 216 times)

milkyway09

I've noticed a couple of times when purchasing used Cds off Amazon.com marketplace (US site), I ended up receiving the Canadian releases of CDs. these are exactly identical to the US pressings right, interms of sound quality/mastering?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 11:55:20 PM by milkyway09 »

Hack Wilson - real

Re: question Canadian releases?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 09:58:47 PM »
no in Canada the mixing is 10% less

milkyway09

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 10:10:50 PM »
can anybody give me a serious answer please? I'm assuming the other poster is joking about 10% less mixing?!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 11:56:24 PM by milkyway09 »

WalterOhDim

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 05:15:46 AM »
can anybody give me a serious answer please? I'm assuming the other poster is joking about 10% less mixing?!
Nope its the same except for the coupons... if you look in album notes there's always 20% off coupon for the movies Fubar and Fubar 2.

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
lol @ the last two replies...

but nah dont trip bruh, nothing is different in the sound/cd quality at all.....i live in canada and have many canadian presses in my collection..i even have doubles of certain albums where one is the US press and the other canadian. Exact same thing thing. Only difference depending on the label will be the distributor in another country and sometimes the barcode. Some barcodes are exactly the same.

where there is a difference iin the sound quality is those fucking awful columbia house presses....i might be tripping but i feel like i have to boost the volume louder to attain the volume of a retail cd...

D-TalkX

hahaha

Exact same just distribution companies can be different.

milkyway09

ok, that's what I figured. thanks guys

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

candaian releases say "printed in CA", american ones "printed in the US".. i guess tahts the difference