Author Topic: DJ Khaled "Kiss the Ring" Tracklist (New Song "Hip-Hop" w/ Nas & Scarface Inside  (Read 741 times)

conqueso34

• Muthafuckin' OG
Song is dope

Now i kinda see what DJ Khaled does, but its the musicians that do the shit, he comes up with the (some?) ideas

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Just heard the song Hip Hop! Songs dope, best Iv heard in a while. Scarface shined on the song... and over a Premo scratching too!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 10:58:11 PM by LAZY »

Blood$

http://www.streetsneversleep.com/2012/08/22/docs-corner-dj-khaled-kiss-the-ring-review/

01.) Shout Out to the Real (feat. Meek Mill, Ace Hood & Plies) – 3.5/5, Pretty good way to jumpstart the album, Meek Mill and Ace Hood deliver solid verses, Plies wasn’t terrible but he wasn’t the best choice for third verse on this particular song
02.) Bitches & Bottles (Let’s Get It Started) [feat. Lil Wayne, T.I. & Future] – 3.25/5, T.I. and Wayne were cool, Future’s hook was at least tolerable for his standards, the beat is an absolute banger courtesy of Mike Will, but there is really no substance lyrically at all to be found
03.) I Wish You Would (feat. Kanye West & Rick Ross) – 4/5, I dig this joint here, Kanye actually sounds hungry again and Rozay comes correct, Hit Boy is a problem on the boards as usual
04.) Take It to the Head (feat. Chris Brown, Rick Ross, Nicki Minaj & Lil Wayne) – 2/5, Not my style, cliché and predictable, it serves its purpose for club/radio only, nothing more nothing less
05.) They Ready (feat. J. Cole, Big K.R.I.T. & Kendrick Lamar) – 4/5, Great lineup, J. Cole provides a dope beat as all three MCs bless this record with memorable verses, Kendrick went the hardest
06.) I’m So Blessed (feat. Big Sean, Wiz Khalifa, Ace Hood & T-Pain) – 2.5/5, Wiz and Ace Hood’s verses were good but it’s not enough to save this record entirely
07.) Hip Hop (feat. Scarface, Nas & DJ Premier) – 5/5, There is no doubt about this being the highlight of the album. Face and Nas deliver flawless verses over stellar Justice L.E.A.G.U.E. production with scratches by DJ Premier
08.) I Did It for My Dawgz (feat. Rick Ross, French Montana, Jadakiss & Meek Mill) – 3.75/5, Street banger, Ross and French make for a catchy hook, Jadakiss shines the most when closing out with his verse
09.) I Don’t See ‘Em (feat. Birdman, Ace Hood & 2 Chainz) – 3/5, 2 Chainz actually sounded the best and delivered some decent bars, Ace was alright but it was probably his weakest verse so far, Birdman was Birdman
10.) Don’t Pay 4 It (feat. Wale, Tyga, Mack Maine & Kirko Bangz) – 2/5, I fell asleep during this one, another skipper
11.) Suicidal Thoughts (feat. Mavado) – 4/5, I was always a fan of Mavado, very soulful sounding reggae cut which serves as a nice addition to the album
12.) Outro (They Don’t Want War) – 2/5, Khaled should not be rapping on the outro to his album, simple as that