Author Topic: When is Nipsey's new album/mixtape coming?  (Read 140 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

When is Nipsey's new album/mixtape coming?
« on: August 13, 2012, 01:08:10 PM »
I'm hoping that it's not on some spiritual gangsta shit like those "Marathons" were but i have no control over that.  But do anybody know?

Will_B

Re: When is Nipsey's new album/mixtape coming?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 01:41:07 PM »
Neighbourhood Nip Hussle didn't blow up, and I think was in trouble with the law a couple times after a load of people got shot at a show (his brother was arrested and his manager was involved somehow??)

He's the new E-White, I think he crashed burnt and went off the radar.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 02:08:28 PM »
Neighbourhood Nip Hussle didn't blow up, and I think was in trouble with the law a couple times after a load of people got shot at a show (his brother was arrested and his manager was involved somehow??)

He's the new E-White, I think he crashed burnt and went off the radar.

nah he's definitely bigger than E-White.  People still know about and anticipate new Nipsey Hussle around here and we're all the way on the other side of the US.  but he definitely has dropped the ball when it comes to establishing his brand and marketing himself...

he'll be over this way on the 17th (last time i checked) but i think it's like his 1st show over here which IMO is way too late (but atleast he's here).  now i could be wrong about it being his 1st show (or his 2nd) but he shoulda been touched down more often (right around the "Vol. 2" days).  i understand it takes time and money but for a Name he shoulda been over here, even if he was co-headlining or whatever.

i still believe that even Nip himself doesn't realize how big he actually was/is

Will_B

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 02:15:47 PM »
i still believe that even Nip himself doesn't realize how big he actually was/is

Don't get me wrong, I'd be fairly stoked to see him as a back up artist live. Just nothing 'that' special bout the dude for me. K-Dot got that acclaim and buzz off his hard work and superior pen game. You can blow up without label massive backing, hype can just escalate to a point where the right people take notice (even if Dre fucks his career now).

If I was a record boss, I'd be looking at what sets Nip aside over the competition. I don't feel it (no hate)