Author Topic: Eazy-E Boyz-N-Tha-Hood (G-Mix)  (Read 505 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Re: Eazy-E Boyz-N-Tha-Hood (G-Mix)
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2012, 10:14:47 PM »
i kinda prefer it to the original but that's cuz that whole 187um killa was the shit
hack u an eazy fan 2? My Man!

hell yeah  8)

iDontTrip

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2012, 10:29:00 PM »
all opinions respected  :laugh: :laugh:
opinion
   [uh-pin-yuhn]
noun
a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second medical opinion.

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2012, 12:12:36 AM »
good thing to see nobody doesn't dislike this jam! its hard as fuck!

BabyBird

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2012, 05:35:26 PM »
good thing to see nobody doesn't dislike this jam! its hard as fuck!

been thinkin bout this song since i woke up, brah

mastdark81

• 'G'
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2012, 03:58:02 PM »
never liked the original beat...love this one.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2012, 04:06:03 PM »
I always preferred the OG (by OG I mean the remix on the Eazy Does It album) because it just sounded like it fit. It was a harder beat, and for a Dre beat (even early Dre) it had a very rough sound that fit Straight Outta Compton compared to his more refined beats that would be everything else. The slight mix of rock with hard bass and rough scratching, it was the perfect way to introduce NWA to the world.

The G-Mix was cool. I mean Eazy E sounded better since he re-recorded it, the beat was more refined and had a hard G-Funk beat. But it just didn't capture the mood of what was going on. The G-Mix took a classic hip-hop song and made it G-Funk, which was cool but it wasn't done because it fit the times, it was done to show Eazy can sound good without a Dr. Dre beat. Which made the G-Mix sound actually a bit more generic than it should have. If I never knew the OG existed and only heard the G-Mix, then I would have just thought that the song Boyz 'n the Hood was a cookie cutter G-Funk song from 1993-1995. But when I hear the OG and the Eazy Does It remix, I know that it sounds different than much of the Rap music in the 1980's.

Just my 3 cents. LOL

didn't understand anything of ur post,, or maybe i was just thinkin bout somethin else when i read it
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 04:07:42 PM by Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation) »

Okka

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2012, 05:23:08 PM »
I always liked it more than the original version.