Author Topic: Unreleased Ruben 'RC' Cruz/Dr. Dre/King T 'Saturday' *FIRE*  (Read 2001 times)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Unreleased Ruben 'RC' Cruz/Dr. Dre/King T 'Saturday' *FIRE*
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2012, 12:24:27 AM »
I remember Dre said he loved the early Mobb Deep stuff so it wouldn't surprise if he reused the sample from one of their most famous tracks. Definitely sounds like an Aftermath Compilation leftover, shit is dope. Good find Will!

Will_B

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2012, 12:44:41 AM »
I remember Dre said he loved the early Mobb Deep stuff so it wouldn't surprise if he reused the sample from one of their most famous tracks. Definitely sounds like an Aftermath Compilation leftover, shit is dope. Good find Will!

No probs. Quite a few dope songs from this era have leaked lately. We've been lucky :)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2012, 04:42:58 AM »
had to make another mp3, dunno if this sounds better im too high but it's louder

http://www.mediafire.com/?01cw8u5tt9c565o
thanks, i think the original is loud enough though.
i guess you didn't listen to it through dre's headphones

nice find, thanks 8) i like this.
same sample was used in this song:
Good find, this is pretty sick. I've been bumping the Aftermath Comp a lot lately and this sounds exactly like all of that album so I definitely believe that could be Dre.
could be Budda as well, mixed by dre, who knows.

Ya I was more talking about the vocals than the production. You're right it was probably Bud'da or one of the other early Aftermath producers making the beat, playing the keys, etc. with Dre mixing and overseeing. I was gonna say the production and vibe reminds a lot of Hands On "Got Me Open" from the Aftermath compilation and that just happens to be produced by Bud'da.
yeah there's more similar sounding stuff on the compilation, like Str8 gone. either way, it has that dre touch.

So am I the only one that loves that Aftermath comp?

I can bump it back to back. Even the corny r&b. Everything's so tightly produced IMO there's a lot going on to keep me happy :)
nah, i like about half of it. dre and his team had a nice sound.
i did a poll about the compilation & the wash soundtrack by the way: http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=182294.0
really? i cant remember. im sure its true though

Will_B

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2012, 05:15:35 AM »
Nah it's the Aftermath comp all day. Had the Wash on cd a couple times, actually gave the first one away! It's an album I literally never play.... Aftermath gets spins tho. East Coast/West Coast and Str8 Gone>>>>>>>>>>>anything on The Wash

Portugoal

Re: Unreleased Ruben 'RC' Cruz/Dr Dre 'Saturday'
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2012, 07:49:58 AM »

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2012, 11:33:24 AM »
Dope! I love when unreleased shit leaks!
this is definitely from 96/97, lovin King Tees part

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2012, 12:53:56 PM »
Very nice, on repeat  8)   Other songs that leaked lately from that Aftermath period?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

MarshColin

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2012, 06:28:18 PM »
God damn I can't stop bumpin' this! Not much older stuff that leaks these days is anywhere close to the level of this.

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my bitch drives what u drive and she got new tits
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2012, 08:48:01 PM »
dope  8)

Will_B

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2012, 12:08:15 AM »
This could easily have charted as a first single, if RC had dropped an album on Aftermath

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2012, 12:22:50 AM »

Hey man, I think it was in the most recent XXL interview with Dre, the one with the chess piece on it. He said he was listening to a lot of early Mobb Deep and Wu Tang stuff and that he had a whole albums worth of beats he made that sounded like that. I'm guessing "Death To My Enemies" came from those sessions.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2012, 05:50:15 AM »

Hey man, I think it was in the most recent XXL interview with Dre, the one with the chess piece on it. He said he was listening to a lot of early Mobb Deep and Wu Tang stuff and that he had a whole albums worth of beats he made that sounded like that. I'm guessing "Death To My Enemies" came from those sessions.
thanks, i remember now.

Sccit

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2012, 12:21:55 PM »
the aftermath compilation woulda' been album of the decade if it dropped nowadays.

dre produced this beat...i'd bet anything on it.

gfunkin2

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2012, 10:48:34 PM »
Nice cut.

King T with a great appearance. Always been underrated.

dnjp4life

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2012, 05:59:50 AM »
Nice cut.

King T with a great appearance. Always been underrated.

Yeah, the more I hear of King T around this time the more I wish that 'Thy Kingdom Come' had been officially released.

Thanks for the link Will.