Author Topic: Doggumentary is actually a solid album  (Read 559 times)

Desert Lord

Doggumentary is actually a solid album
« on: September 05, 2012, 09:17:20 AM »
i gave it another spin yesterday and i was amazed how much good shit is on it...i think i'd lost my interest in snoop so much (because of all his "new" pop music) that i didn't gave doggumentary a fair chance

still, there are a few tracks that fucks up the flow of the album imo...
"my fucn house" is just horrible...can't even listening to the whole song without getting mad
"platinum" & "boom" are just gay. period, and so is "wet"
"it's d only thang" goes, but it's getting on my nerves real quick...

but without these tracks, the album is really really good imo...unlike malice which had only one good track on it (secrets)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 09:19:11 AM by Funk Lord »

Hack Wilson - real

Re: Doggumentary is actually a solid album
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 10:11:49 AM »
i'd rather listen to Lost Sessions 1 or Dead Man Walkin  8)

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 12:19:20 PM »
i'd rather listen to Lost Sessions 1 or Dead Man Walkin  8)

pretty much...the album was alright, but peeps were hypin' it like it was snoop's return to greatness when it dropped. very average with a lot of filler.

Will_B

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 12:24:34 PM »
It's a 6.5/10 for me.

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 12:40:45 PM »
i'm a snoop fan. I liked almost every albums and with time, i like em more. But this one =/
only good songs are "Weed Iz Mine", "Peer Pressure", "Gang Bang Rookie", "Sumthin' Like This Night" & "Take U Home".

Mietek23

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 01:00:05 PM »
It was Snoop's best album since "Blue Carpet..." - I still listen to it to this day, it got some dope tracks like "Wonder What It Do", "Peer Pressure", "We Rest N Cali", "Take U Home" etc. but it also got some shitty cuts like "Wet", "Platinum" or "My Fucn House"... it's a 7/10 to me.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 01:20:34 PM »
its def one of snoops better recent albums, but that's not saying much.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Desert Lord

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 03:08:28 PM »
i like "the way life used to be", "my own way",  "toyz in the hood", "peer pressure", "i don't need no bitch", "we rest in cali", "gang bang rookie", "this weed is mine", "sumthin like this night", "take you home"...the rest is really average, or in case of the tracks i mentioned above horrible...
but at least he put some dope tracks out on that album

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 05:36:57 PM »
Yeah I still bump it from time to time. The last song on the album with Latoyia Williams is like Jay-Z's My 1st Song on the Black Album. Everytime I listen to it, it sounds like Snoop is ready to hang it up. Great outro song.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 10:38:53 PM »
 I thought it was really good. More good tracks than bad but yeah theres a few that i just dont understand why they were on there. Platnium, the one produced by gorillaz, yeh my house didnt fit, raised in the hood, etc.

Desert Lord

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2012, 07:38:03 AM »
I thought it was really good. More good tracks than bad but yeah theres a few that i just dont understand why they were on there. Platnium, the one produced by gorillaz, yeh my house didnt fit, raised in the hood, etc.

i like the track produced by that gorillaz-guy, give me the chill  8)
"my fucn house" is really one of the greatest pieces of shit that i've ever listened to

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2012, 07:50:49 AM »
"take me home", "my fucn house", "we rest n cali", & "way life used to be" were good tracks wit replay value, the rest of the album didnt do anythin for me. "platinum" was alright too
the "ego trippin" akbum was better overall

Desert Lord

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2012, 07:54:27 AM »
"take me home", "my fucn house", "we rest n cali", & "way life used to be" were good tracks wit replay value, the rest of the album didnt do anythin for me. "platinum" was alright too

you like "my fucn house" ? ....damn! i hate that "song" lol

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2012, 07:55:57 AM »

lol yea i actually did. the chorus amps you up

Desert Lord

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2012, 08:20:18 AM »

lol yea i actually did. the chorus amps you up

well, to each it's own, i gues ;-)